08:29 - Unhealer First use of sax in metal I can think of is on Pan.Thy.Monium albums. It had to be Swano.
08:10 - AngelofDeth you're right, a little weird to get used to but it works pretty dang well in that song. It needs to be stylized to metal rather than just sticking a weird 80s sax break down in the middle of a song
08:04 - AngelofDeth didnt know other bands were doing it too. Very strange. Ill check that out though
06:56 - hadriel Listen to Ihsahn's On the Shores and all of the doubts anyone would ever have about the sax being in metal will be squelched
05:28 - Unhealer It's because it's just awesome <3 It really fits metal.
05:13 - Zaphod Turisas, Whispered and Behemoth are just the ones that don't pull it off, there are plenty that do.
01. No One 02. Falling Forward 03. Don't Lose Sight 04. Slip 05. Power Figure 06. Standing Tall 07. Sellout 08. Never Too Old 09. The Enemy 10. Laid To Rest 11. I Will Stand 12. As We Choke 13. Get Sick
01. Intro (Never Back Down) 02. Walk Away 03. Nothing Left 04. You Can't Kill Integrity 05. Forever 06. Hopeless 07. Declare Your War 08. False Idols 09. Slip 10. Hate For The Weak 11. The Only Thing 12. Step It Up 13. Face The Mirror 14. Raise Your Fist
01. We Will Rise 02. Speak The Truth 03. Vendetta 04. Burn 05. Discipline 06. To Live Is To Sacrifice 07. Give My Life 08. The World Behind 09. Shut You Down 10. Annihilation (N.W.D.) 11. This Is Where It Ends
01. Holy Roller 02. Day Of The Dog 03. S.C.U.M. 04. Americana 05. Weight Of The World 06. Cancer 07. Hellbent (On War) 08. No Love 09. Venom & Tears 10. I'll Never Die A Poisoned Death 11. I, Suicide 12. Godspeed 13. Leave A Message 14. Propaganda [Sepultura cover][European bonus]
01. Fight Or Die 02. Borrowed Time 03. Avow 04. Hardened By Consequences 05. Defend With Violence 06. Suffer, Conquer 07. Cut Away 08. Intolerance 09. Without Weakness 10. Born & Buried Alone 11. Condemned To Live