Finnish metal band Norther has posted the following update:

"During the last couple of months Daniel from Naildown has been helping us out with our recent live duties. Since he turned out to be a perfect fit in every way we decided to offer him to become a permanent member of the band. Besides his skillfull guitar work he is also a talented songwriter.

Daniel comments: "I have really been enjoying my time in Norther from the very first show. After getting so well along with the guys, I was very pleased when they asked me to become a permanent member of the band. I really believe that together we´re going to create the strongest Norther album ever!"

We have started composing new material for the next full lenght studio album which will be tentatively out in autumn 2010. At the moment we have a big bunch of great tracks from which we will start choosing the best ones for the album.. "The cream always rises to the top so no filler allowed"

As a grand opening for our fans we are heading to Astia Studios next weekend to record one new song with our longtime producer Anssi Kippo. This exclusive song is going to be released as an online single during April 2010.

"So be prepared for new metal blast to come!" the band adds."

[Also thanks to Overlord_PT]

Source: norther.net
Band profile: Norther

Posted: 25.02.2010 by bluemobiusx

Comments

Vitriolic Hate - 25.02.2010 at 00:09
Nice,I wonder how the new album will be!!!
Warman - 25.02.2010 at 00:12
Yeah I have some expectations, I know it won't be "the strongest Norther album ever!". But still.
iMorphball - 25.02.2010 at 00:13
Great news! Love these guys.
JÄY - 25.02.2010 at 00:38
Soo, was petri the bands driving force? like as far as writing music? i bet he was writing most of the guitar parts and of course handled lyrics i assume...im interested to see where they go from here....i would love some more mirror of madness, but of course thats not gunna happen
StarBarer - 25.02.2010 at 04:59
Love these guys, and i like the new vocalist better than petri, so i am excited to see what they will come up with. i think this is going to be the best norther album.
Troy Killjoy - 25.02.2010 at 05:35
Maybe this will mark the beginning of Bodom's Little Sister growing up.
Tunafish - 25.02.2010 at 12:17
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.02.2010 at 05:35

Maybe this will mark the beginning of Bodom's Little Sister growing up.

They've outgrown Bodom already since Death Unlimited.
Ellrohir - 25.02.2010 at 13:48
I wonder about "new" Norther without Petri...i still somehow cant imagine it
Troy Killjoy - 25.02.2010 at 15:26
Written by Tunafish on 25.02.2010 at 12:17

They've outgrown Bodom already since Death Unlimited.

Judging by their last three releases, I wouldn't venture so far as to suggest they've outgrown anyone. I think Bodom have separated themselves from their similarities with Are You Dead Yet? and Blooddrunk, which are even more watered down than N.
Rose Of Nemesis - 25.02.2010 at 22:35
Interesting, let's see...
Lord Hellbender - 26.02.2010 at 00:27
Written by Ellrohir on 25.02.2010 at 13:48

I wonder about "new" Norther without Petri...i still somehow cant imagine it

Yeah I feel exactly the same!
Tunafish - 27.02.2010 at 02:17
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.02.2010 at 15:26

True, outgrowing was a wrong choice of words I meant to say that the music of Norther and Bodom have changed from each other since Death Unlimited. Dreams Of Endless War and Mirror Of Madness remind me alot of the earlier CoB albums, but with Death Unlimited they took a different direction, and so did Bodom with Hatecrew Deathroll.

Both Norther and Bodom made some awfull albums lately, Till Death Unites Us has just two or three tracks on it worth listening, same for Are You Dead Yet and Blooddrunk.

Anyways, IMO Norther took a different way from Bodom since DU.
Troy Killjoy - 27.02.2010 at 02:35
Written by Tunafish on 27.02.2010 at 02:17

Anyways, IMO Norther took a different way from Bodom since DU.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

News Warmen - Working On New Album 5.5 21.02.2009 by Elio
News Alcest - Working On New Album, Recruit New Live Bassist 5.5 16.07.2010 by MeloDeathViking
News Saxon - Working On New Album 5.5 14.09.2014 by cossaisVendeurs
News The Eye - Working On New Album 5.5 05.04.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Ihsahn - Working On New Album 5.5 05.11.2014 by corrupt