Original news, posted on 02.03.2010

The radio edit of "Dying For An Angel", a brand new song from Edguy frontman Tobias Sammet's Avantasia's project, is available for streaming below. The track, which features a special guest appearance by Scorpions singer Klaus Meine, comes off Avantasia's new record, The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon, to be released on April 3, 2010 as regular CD's, two separate double picture vinyls, and as a beautiful collector's edition with an band's picture book. A video for the song was recently filmed and will be released soon.

UPDATE (thanks to JosipS)

Avantasia have uploaded their latest video for the song "Dying For An Angel" over at this location.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Avantasia

Posted: 18.03.2010 by Bad English

Comments

JÄY - 03.03.2010 at 01:08
Goddammit.....:( ive no hope for this bands future
Ellrohir - 03.03.2010 at 01:08
Yes! this is what i expect and what i want from Ava!
corrupt - 03.03.2010 at 01:17
Without a doubt the worst piece of crap I've ever heard.

Even Peter Criss would be ashamed of something like this.
JÄY - 03.03.2010 at 01:21
Why does tobias like to piss where he sleeps?
His Eminence - 03.03.2010 at 01:56
I agree with Ellrohir. This is what I expected from Avantasia and I'm quite pleased. They've definitely commercialized but I could care less.
iMorphball - 03.03.2010 at 02:18
This song is fantastic. I'm EXTREMELY happy, and CANNOT wait for the albums.

ONLY ONE MORE MONTH!
WorpeX - 03.03.2010 at 05:05
I like it, but only because of Klaus. m/
Super_Greg - 03.03.2010 at 07:21
I love their epic stuff, but i really hate to admit that i love their more radio friendly tunes too ;(

I'm really excited to hear what the rest of their album sounds like! The singles from The Scarecrow (Lost In Space and Carry Me Over) sounded nothing like the rest of the album, so hopefully they throw in a couple speedy epic songs
WorpeX - 03.03.2010 at 07:49
Written by Super_Greg on 03.03.2010 at 07:21

I agree, Lost in Space and Carry Me Over were both horrible songs, but there were some really great stuff on the actual album! Devil in the Belfry, Another Angel Down, Twisted Mind, etc...

Here's to hoping this album is similar!
ImNotMetal - 03.03.2010 at 11:31
Glance, not much different from previous albums, I thought this album would be a great album with lots of orchestral elements in it
The Shape 1973 - 03.03.2010 at 12:29
Here we go again, more radio friendly crap.

But something that has already been said, the single on The Scarecrow was shit as well and some of the songs turned out OK.

I'll probably still buy both albums. I must be a real twat.

Edit: I've listened to it again. It's even worse than I first thought. Cheesier than the worlds most cheesy, cheesy thing......and not in a good way.
Lord_Regnier - 03.03.2010 at 13:44
Written by The Shape 1973 on 03.03.2010 at 12:29

Here we go again, more radio friendly crap.

Exactly. Pure pop garbage.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2010 at 13:58
Written by corrupt on 03.03.2010 at 01:17

Even Peter Criss would be ashamed of something like this.

That is a very very very very bold statement, sir.
I actually have all of Peter Criss's solo albums (but please don't aske me why ) and there is stuff on there that makes this Avantasia song sound like an abolute classic.
iMorphball - 03.03.2010 at 16:00
Jeeze, calm down guys, who cares if it's "radio friendly"? It's still a great song. You'll probably never hear this song on the radio in your life, actually.

Listen to it for what it is, not what you want it to be.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2010 at 16:33
Written by iMorphball on 03.03.2010 at 16:00

Listen to it for what it is, not what you want it to be.

I listened to it for what it is and it IS a crap song. This is pure Britney Spears/Christina Aguillera/Pink sugar-coated pop for teeny girls.
JÄY - 03.03.2010 at 17:21
This guy used to make such cool shit....seems like he made a complete 180 bout 5 years ago though
Ellrohir - 03.03.2010 at 17:26
Firehead: stop arguing about it with them, it is just pointless...they would never accept someone like different stuff than them...if they said it is crap, then it is crap, because who should know it better than them?
FeskarN - 03.03.2010 at 18:58
The video has been removed, sigh.
corrupt - 03.03.2010 at 18:58
Written by Ellrohir on 03.03.2010 at 17:26

To give "us" at least a little credit, you can't argue the fact that Tobi uses a solid brand to sell something that othewise nobody would care for. This isn't about radio-friendlyness, it's about the Avantasia legacy going down the drain for a few more dollars earned on hastily produced glam-rock that lacks everything the old Avantasia stood for. I'm pretty sure that if you played this music to Tobi no 10 years ago he'd rather have shot himself than become what he is today.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2010 at 13:58

Written by corrupt on 03.03.2010 at 01:17

Even Peter Criss would be ashamed of something like this.

That is a very very very very bold statement, sir.

There's actually more than one? Holy shit! But it actually serves to prove my point to Ellrohir. Once you've made yourself a name in the business, you can release whatever you like and people will buy it.
And I have to admin man, when writing that I was so sure you'd reply to it
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2010 at 19:09
Written by corrupt on 03.03.2010 at 18:58

And I have to admin man, when writing that I was so sure you'd reply to it

I know I am predictable
But the problem with Peter Criss is that Kiss was my first heavy metal love and somehow I always identified with Criss' cat character.
So I bought all the Kiss solo albums and there the two worst ones by far were those of Gene Simmons and the one by Peter Criss (which was even marginally worse than Gene Simmons) when he got kicked out of Kiss I immediately bought Out Of Control which was even worse than his previous solo outing a year later he released Let Me Rock You which was even worse and has a song wirtten by Gene Simmons on it. And I said I actually liked those albums at the time... that's how much of a blind and deaf fanboy I was at the time, same as some people here when it comes to Avantasia
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.03.2010 at 19:13
@Corrupt, concerning Peter Criss it gets even worse. I just stumbled across the following:

Quote:

He released a solo album—One for All—July 24, 2007, on Silvercat Records.
According to an interview with 40º74º Magazine, Peter Criss is working on a follow-up album to One for All, where he currently has 15 songs recorded for the release. Additionally, Criss is working on his autobiography.

so, that means he actually already released FOUR solo albums (including the Kiss solo outing)
corrupt - 03.03.2010 at 19:22
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2010 at 19:13

Quote:

He released a solo album—One for All—July 24, 2007, on Silvercat Records.

Well, Tobi is not far away from that anymore. With two new ones on the way. Only his first two were awesome!
WorpeX - 03.03.2010 at 20:03
I remember reading an interview somewhere where tobi had claimed that this would be his last epic production because he probably wont have enough money after this to make anything else. After hearing this song, its pretty obvious why he wont have money afterwards. Maybe if he made better music (or at least showcased the good songs on the album) he would have some.
Maelgron - 04.03.2010 at 00:47
Hell yeah, Bon Jovi would be proud! But as some people said, he usually releases the simplest songs as a single and you find better songs in the album itself. So nothing to worry about, kids.

And this is less "skippeable" than Carry Me Over or Lost in Space. At least is catchy. Reserve your judgements for the whole album.
Lord_Regnier - 04.03.2010 at 03:29
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2010 at 16:33

I totally agree
Lord_Regnier - 04.03.2010 at 03:30
Written by corrupt on 03.03.2010 at 18:58

Well said.
renai - 04.03.2010 at 04:34
A bit lost balance between radio friendly and metal, but still a nice melodious song.
JÄY - 18.03.2010 at 16:25
Ewwww...tobi continues to piss on me....does this mans bladder ever empty?
The Shape 1973 - 21.03.2010 at 12:47
Klaus Meine looks like he has visited the plastic surgeon recently.

After seeing Edguy on Friday, who put on a brilliant show, this song is crap in comparison.
Fitness2k - 30.03.2010 at 11:51
Check this song out from The Wicked Symphony album.

Pretty awesome song with Michael Kiske on vocals!
Ellrohir - 30.03.2010 at 20:09
For me those Wastelands are more boring than Dying For An Angel
Fitness2k - 01.04.2010 at 17:59
Good thing that we have different opinions

News Avantasia - New Song Released 7.5 27.02.2013 by Ellrohir