Original news, posted on 03.04.2010

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that the name of his new album is Scream, and that the album's first single will make its worldwide debut in a US TV drama.

Scream will be released in July and will be preceded by debut single "Let Me Hear You Scream". The song will make its debut in the show CSI:NY on 14 April (in the US) during a prison riot scene. The show's executive producer Peter Lenkov, who also co-wrote the screenplay for the episode, admits Osbourne's new tune was perfect for scenes in which show regular Hill Harper is trapped in a prison during a riot.

Lenkov says, "We were looking for something high energy and irreverent to sell the madness of a prison riot. We immediately responded to the new Osbourne tune. The song exceeded our expectations and brought exactly the right tone to the episode."

Ozzy revealed: "When I heard they were going to use "Let Me Hear You Scream" for a prison riot scene, I thought, 'Well, now that's some thing I know about.'" (Presumably referring to his time spent in prison when he was 18).

The original album title, Soul Sucka, was canned when it turned out that it was a pretty rubbish name for a rock record. Scream will feature the debut of Ozzy's new guitarist Gus G and will be the follow up to 2007's Black Rain.

[Also thanks to Ozzy88]

UPDATE (thanks to Fastolphbolger)

Ozzy Osbourne will release Scream his first album in almost three years and 10th studio album overall June 15 via Epic Records. Produced by Ozzy and Kevin Churko, both of whom did the same honors for Ozzy's 2007 worldwide million-seller Black Rain, the album will feature the first single "Let Me Hear You Scream."

The multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer recorded most of Scream at his Los Angeles home studio, The Bunker, and co-wrote all the songs, primarily with Churko. Notably, the album marks the first appearance of Ozzy's new guitar player, Gus G.

In addition to "Let Me Hear You Scream," the album's confirmed tracks are: "Diggin Me Down", "Let It Die", "Soul Sucker", "Fearless", "I Want It All", "Time", "Crucify" and "I Love You All."

Ozzy will also embark on an 18-month world tour (dates TBA) in support of Scream, with news about Ozzfest to emerge next week.

Source: ozzy.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne

Posted: 16.04.2010 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

Slyfang - 03.04.2010 at 13:44
At least Soul Sucka was original
Black_Sheep - 03.04.2010 at 15:47
Now that he got rid of Zakk "bullshit" Wylde. This might be interesting. Im looking forward hearing something in the vein of Blizzard and Madmen...
Lit. - 03.04.2010 at 16:37
Written by Slyfang on 03.04.2010 at 13:44

At least Soul Sucka was original

Soul Sucka sounded too hip hop. I'm glad he changed it.
Can't wait.
Warrior_Of_Ice - 03.04.2010 at 20:03
I hope Gus G isnt held back on this album. If he plays like he does with Firewind, then i'll be happy.
Black_Sheep - 03.04.2010 at 21:01
Why would he be "held back" ? I see no reason for that. Ozzy wanted a great guitarist like Randy, and he got one. It's win win.
soadbyob - 03.04.2010 at 21:09
Written by Warrior_Of_Ice on 03.04.2010 at 20:03

Im still not completely convinced Gus G will fit the "Ozzy" style
LeChron James - 04.04.2010 at 00:43
Ozzy needs to go away. seriously. i wholly dont approve of debuting a single on a terrible TV show.

if he wanted to release it with a TV show, do it on the newest episode of Intervention .
Lachy - 04.04.2010 at 02:31
Zakk Wylde is a great guitarist. I think gus is a great guitarist too. It will be interesting how this album sounds
Black Conundrum - 04.04.2010 at 04:43
First off, I will say that the CSI shows are overly sub-standard, or so to speak.

Also, before I write the rest of this comment, I will say that I respect Ozzy Osbourne.

While I find the title Scream to be unoriginal, I still find it to be better than Soul Sucka. Both titles suck, though.
Valentin B - 04.04.2010 at 10:32
Written by Black_Sheep on 03.04.2010 at 15:47

LOL how can you expect something in he vein of Blizzard and Madman when Rhoads is dead and Lee hasn't recorded anything with Ozzy in 24 years?

this will be something entirely new i believe. after all, Gus G and Zakk are two very different guitarists.
Black_Sheep - 04.04.2010 at 13:06
Written by Valentin B on 04.04.2010 at 10:32

Written by Black_Sheep on 03.04.2010 at 15:47

I meant that Gus is at the same level with Randy technically. He can play awesome solos and leads. Unlike Wylde. Let me be more spesific with that reference; old Ozzy albums had great guitarwork and cool solos, the later ones didn't. Now, with Gus in the band, it's possible again.
Bad English - 05.04.2010 at 21:20
Living in USA Ozy is forgot about Europian roots and ebglish blood whats on his vains ... his children(from sharron) is americans

old good Birmingham still works hehe
SatyriconChick - 16.04.2010 at 17:44
Oh, Scream is a MUCH better title than Soul Sucka. That just sounds like something a gansta rap group would use.
The Shape 1973 - 16.04.2010 at 20:56
The title is better, but I don't want to hear him slur his way through another album. The only thing that would raise my interest is Gus.

News Kamelot - New Album Title Revealed 7 19.07.2012 by J. N.
News Týr - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed, New Song Online 7 22.07.2013 by Deinonychus
News Serenity - New Album Title Revealed 7 24.02.2010 by The Shape 1973
News Marduk - New Album Title Announced, Cover Artwork Revealed 7 08.02.2007 by
News Saxon - New Album Title, Track List & Single Artwork Revealed 7 26.09.2008 by Baz Anderson