Helloween recently entered Andi Deris' Mi Sueno Studios on Tenerife to start working on the yet untitled 13th full length studio album. The band wrote more than 20 songs and is currently selecting the best ideas with long time producer Charlie Bauerfeind.

Bass player Markus Grosskopf comments the direction of the album as follows: "For all those out there who found our special best-of Unarmed to be too smooth and calm, I have a great news: The new album will hit you right in the face! It´s gonna be very heavy and contain all Helloween trademarks! Some songs are very powerful and hymnic, others contain the fastest bass drum patterns our drummer Dani ever played, and this means a lot! I am really excited about the material we brought together and can´t wait to put my bass tracks on those kick ass metal songs!"

A short movie from the studio can be watched here. The release of the album is scheduled for Halloween, October 31st, followed by a world tour starting in Europe the end of the year.

[Also thanks to Snbn]

Source: helloween.org
Band profile: Helloween

Posted: 15.05.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

Baz Anderson - 15.05.2010 at 15:25
Interesting. Those little clips did sound a little hard for Helloween... we'll see how it turns out.
ImNotMetal - 15.05.2010 at 15:33
This album will change image of helloween because of The Unarmed Album
Metal Maiden - 15.05.2010 at 17:03
Not that they have disappointed me or something, but I kinda hope for something in the vein of the third Keeper - my absolute favourite from the Andi Deris era...
RafaRata - 15.05.2010 at 17:27
Cool!!! It looks like they are going to keep evolving their sound... not like Gamma Ray
finalfortuner - 15.05.2010 at 19:57
On an interview with more-metal, Andi Deris said that Kai Hansen is invited to play solo for the new album
Black Conundrum - 15.05.2010 at 21:00
Sounds heavy. I will want to follow the progress of this album.
LeChron James - 15.05.2010 at 21:04
W0000000t. bring it on!
Uirapuru - 16.05.2010 at 01:09
Always nice to check out
Ag Fox - 16.05.2010 at 03:18
Sounds good, but let's see
YoreLore - 17.05.2010 at 00:05
Written by RafaRata on 15.05.2010 at 17:27

I didnt know that tuning your guitar lower and lower with each album and making it faster and heavier meant evolving?!

Gamma Ray sound different from Heading For Tomorrow to Somewhere Out In Space to No World order to To The Metal

---

I really don't like some of those riffs I was hearing on that video, next they will be replacing Deris with a metalcore singer
juanopereira - 17.05.2010 at 00:59
At last!
RafaRata - 17.05.2010 at 01:13
Written by YoreLore on 17.05.2010 at 00:05

Written by RafaRata on 15.05.2010 at 17:27

---

Well, I don't see anything wrong with fast songs and low tunings, if that's the new direction for the band I'll be happy
Kap'N Korrupt - 17.05.2010 at 08:15
Helloween is awesome...what a great bunch of people, eh? And yeah, that for sure sounded nice and heavy...damn, I cannot wait for this one...they have high hopes for it...all I needed to hear was that its going to better than some of their last material...
Roro - 17.05.2010 at 23:57
Ok i'll wait for that
Novas - 18.05.2010 at 04:27
Im looking forward to this one..."Gambling With the Devil" was great & its my favorite from Helloween, cept the production was a downfall on it...nevr liked Kiske's vocals, too high pitched...Andi Deris has that dark "halloween" atmosphere for this band...its y i didnt get into "Keeper's I & II"
The Shape 1973 - 21.05.2010 at 18:00
I've always liked the faster Helloween songs.

Remember what happened the last time they brought out a louder album, The Dark Ride, they sacked half the band.

News Helloween - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7.5 24.10.2010 by Pestilence