At this moment, Stéphan Forté, Kevin Codfert and Mats Levén, are at the moment working on the composition of Adagio's fifth album at Kevin's XFade studio in Nanterre (France).

Guitarist Stéphan comments: "I'm at the moment at Kevin's studio working on the composition of Adagio's upcoming album, and for the first time, I will not compose the whole music and lyrics alone, as Mats, Kevin and the guys will also collaborate to the writing! It will definitely bring a fresher sound to the band, and so far, the experience is awesome. Mats arrived here on Sunday, and we've started working right away on some ideas. Lots of great melodic vocal lines, heavy riffing and intense piano parts are coming naturally, so that's a very positive start...

Another big change, is since I've down tuned my Lâg 7 string to A for my solo album, I am now using that for Adagio's new stuff as well, so be prepared for some really heavy shit."

Source: adagio-online.com
Band profile: Adagio

Posted: 11.07.2010 by K†ulu

Comments

timgrimes - 11.07.2010 at 19:44
I love heavy shit... looking forward to this project!
BlankFile - 11.07.2010 at 20:10
Heavy shit? Im on it! Adagio is an extremely creative band!
Black Conundrum - 11.07.2010 at 20:57
I will totally look forward to the fifth album. Hopefully, Mats Levén (and, for that matter, the rest of the band members) will bring complementary contribution to the music of Adagio.

Also, I hope that Stéphan Forté's solo album goes well. And it's cool about the down-tuning.
Daggon - 12.07.2010 at 00:18
Oh that's great! I was waiting them to announce a collaboration with Mats Levén since he has been touring with Adagio for some months. He'll bring a boost to Adagio's music for sure
Warrior_Of_Ice - 12.07.2010 at 00:33
Love this band
Mountain King - 05.10.2010 at 20:07
Great news. I have high expectations...

News Ixion - Working On New Album 5.5 05.10.2012 by Sync
News Dew-Scented - Bassist Leaves The Band, Working On New Album 5.5 21.09.2011 by bokimaniac
News Ghost - Working On New Album 5.5 05.02.2012 by vilegoroth