Alcest's be all and end all, Neige, has posted the following statement on the band's MySpace blog:

"After having crossed Europe and North America with Alcest, unfortunately, Fursy Teyssier (Amesoeurs) will not be able to keep on playing bass live due to a lack of time. I guess we will play again togather when he will start making concerts with Les Discrets, I can't wait for that. A new bass player already joined us, Indria (from Lonesoul, Brutal Rebirth, ex-Peste Noire). He will be a part of the Alcest live line-up from the next shows we will do, in Finland.

Otherwise I am already working on the next album, which will be recorded in January-February 2011."

To finish in a musical way, here's a nice piano cover of "Sur L'Océan...".

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Alcest

Posted: 16.07.2010 by BudDa

Comments

MeloDeathViking - 16.07.2010 at 15:33
That's awefully quick to be writing a new album, the last one only literally just got released
InnerSelf - 16.07.2010 at 16:34
Well this is good news , I like when a band I already fell in love with releases a new album
I won't say I am woried about the quality since it is a bit too fast but then Negura Bunget released two albums this year and both are very good
Daydream Nation - 16.07.2010 at 17:01
Alcest's newest is absolutely killer material (and I still rank it in the top 5 of albums released this year). I expect the same level of quality from their third album release.
Anttizhang - 16.07.2010 at 17:04
Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.07.2010 at 15:33

Cause he is so talented...
Ellrohir - 16.07.2010 at 17:17
Well Njiqahdda can do 3 albums pro month and it somehow works great
Troy Killjoy - 16.07.2010 at 17:22
Neige is a beast, enough said.
Troy Killjoy - 16.07.2010 at 17:26
Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.07.2010 at 15:33

He said recordings will begin January/February, meaning another 6 months from now. I think that's enough time for someone as prolific as Neige to conjure up some good ideas for a new release!

Also, that is a pretty talented 16-year-old Alcest fan.
MeloDeathViking - 16.07.2010 at 17:48
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.07.2010 at 17:26

Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.07.2010 at 15:33

Also, that is a pretty talented 16-year-old Alcest fan.

I think people are taking my comment the wrong way, I'm sure the material will be great, he's just to talented of a musician/songwriter for it not to be. I was just shocked at the speed of which the material has developed, since if he's already announcing a recording time frame, then he already has a good chunk of material written is my guess. Like I said, definitely nothing negative meant, just surpised. I am definitely looking forward to new material, as I was just turned on to Alcest with this last release, and it really blew me away.
Zuzuz0r - 16.07.2010 at 19:51
Well, tbis is fast, but as long as it's good, there's no problem for me, I wonder how will it sound, seeing that Souvenirs and Écailles de Lune are different in their own way.
Black Conundrum - 17.07.2010 at 00:12
Alcest is a band I have recently discovered, and I am impressed with the music I have heard by the musical project. Right now, I am listening to "Percées De Lumière" off their albumt hat was released in March. It is nice that Alcest is already working on a new album; hopefully, it will be great.
Ask - 17.07.2010 at 05:19
Written by Ellrohir on 16.07.2010 at 17:17

Well Njiqahdda can do 3 albums pro month and it somehow works great

Haha, so true.
nilzardo - 17.07.2010 at 14:02
Neige is my number one musician. I hope he never stops making music
DieH@rd - 19.07.2010 at 13:41
I didnt even know that he played live. I thought this was only studio project.

Im glad i was wrong.
InnerSelf - 26.04.2011 at 14:53
Found a new song on youtube

Mr. Doctor - 26.04.2011 at 15:08
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 14:53

Found a new song on youtube

Hheheheh yeah, While I was standing there I was wondering if it was a cover or a new song. It was pretty nice but I don't remember too much from it.
InnerSelf - 26.04.2011 at 15:12
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.04.2011 at 15:08

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 14:53

Found a new song on youtube

You were there ? I heard they are very good live "if you like them"
the song is typical Neige stuff so I liked it remotely ehm fanboysim ehm. seems like Neige is getting busy with all the bands and side projects
Mr. Doctor - 26.04.2011 at 15:15
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:12

You were there ? I heard they are very good live "if you like them"

They were pretty damn good if you ask me but still faaaaaaaaar from being a highlight imo. The best from that day (the first one of Roadburn) was easily the insane Today Is The Day and the crushing Godflesh.

But overall, it was good. A fan wouldn't be dissapointed.
InnerSelf - 26.04.2011 at 15:19
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.04.2011 at 15:15

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:12

You were there ? I heard they are very good live "if you like them"

But overall, it was good. A fan wouldn't be dissapointed.

Godflesh are still playing live ! I have been getting into Streetcleaner very much lately
Mr. Doctor - 26.04.2011 at 15:24
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:19

They played the entire Streetcleaner (even with the 4 bonus tracks) and that show was BRUTAL. Sometimes I wished them to just stop since it was way too crushing. The sound was great, the drummachine worked perfectly, both the guitar and bass sounded perfect and the vocals were also quite immense.
InnerSelf - 26.04.2011 at 15:33
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.04.2011 at 15:24

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:19

Gonna be surfing youtube searching for live videos , I know this is not at all as real as the live experience but I need to seem them do what they do best

News Alcest - Working On New Album 9 27.07.2012 by Windrider
News Graveyard - Bassist Leaves, Working On New Album 7 19.10.2014 by Ocean Sage
News Delain - Seek New Bassist, Working On New Album 7 14.02.2010 by Angel_Lament
News Autopsy - To Release Live DVD, Working On New Album 7 01.04.2012 by Boxcar Willy
News Dew-Scented - Bassist Leaves The Band, Working On New Album 7 21.09.2011 by bokimaniac