The new Tristania video for "Year Of The Rat" is now available online. "Year Of The Rat" is one of the tracks on the new album Rubicon, to be released later this month. The video clip was directed and produced by Jakob Arevärn.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Tristania

Posted: 13.08.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Chaosweaver - 13.08.2010 at 12:56
The video is a bit weird, but at least it sets my mind at ease about the new singer. She's great.
Array - 13.08.2010 at 14:17
+ Song
+ Mariangela as normal
+ Fire
- The machine and the "old guys"
- Mariangela as marionette
Eidwlon - 13.08.2010 at 17:54
I am disappointed. I expect the song to be in every pop radio top 10 by next month... Guess I won't be visiting them on tour after all.
Two good points though: Mariangela uses her voice very well, it's quite hard to be a good replacement for Vibeke but she did it, although she sings in a very different style; and second good point is the video, nice shots.
Dominus - 13.08.2010 at 18:27
Vibeke this message is for you: come back, please, come back!!!!!!!!
Promonex - 13.08.2010 at 19:45
I enjoyed the mood of the song's first 30 seconds. Then I got bored of it. Guess I'll skip their tour as well.
Jeeers - 13.08.2010 at 21:43
Weird but OK video and shitty song with very promising beginning. Fuck Mariangela!
wormwood - 13.08.2010 at 22:56
She looks extremly cute when she's wearing that red flower on her head, but not for a Tristania's video.
anyway, the problem is not the video, but the song.
dismaleuphony - 13.08.2010 at 23:39
Great video The only problem is the song just never lives up to the promising beginning... I just don't like her vocals during the main chorus, or really that part of the song at all. I think she's a very good choice as a singer, hopefully when I get a chance to hear the rest of the album she'll use more of the ability she already has.
Elodie Artour - 14.08.2010 at 00:00
I've already stated this but I'll make if official now: Tristania suck ever since Vibeke left! The guys from the band insulted her for deciding to make her dream come true by parting ways with them (to be a vocal coach) and offended her by telling she didn't leave a 'goodbye' message to her fans. I don't really care what she thought of her fans then; I just want her back! Mariangela Demurtas is probably the worst choice for a replacement in the history of female fronted metal. The new video of Tristania is disturbingly weird. As for the song itself, I find it absolutely boring and totally-not-worth-it. And what the hell does that python do on the clip?!
Ernis - 14.08.2010 at 01:54
Mary is good. She has an edgy voice and it suits Tristania's sound properly, especially speaking of the later albums. I ain't a big fan of this video tho...
liveordie - 14.08.2010 at 02:42
Why is she only in the video and the rest of the band do not?
Sworn - 14.08.2010 at 11:11
Wishmaster - 18.08.2010 at 04:08
Not a bad song, but it's mediocre at best and forgettable. I hope the rest of the album would be better than this song.

News Testament - New Track Available For Download, Lyric Video Released 5.5 03.07.2012 by Zaphod
News Six Feet Under - New Video Available For Download 5.5 21.05.2007 by
News Sólstafir - New Video Available Online 5.5 19.06.2010 by oroboros
News Dark Fortress - Another New Video Available Online 5.5 08.10.2010 by Yojimbo
News Demians - New Video Available Online 5.5 31.10.2008 by MetalSpider