Norwegian metallers Tristania have issued the following band line-up update:

"Last summer, Østen (Bergøy) announced that he had decided to take some time off from Tristania to devote his time and attention to the new family members expected in August. A year on, it has become obvious that the time, dedication and efforts of fatherhood makes it hard to continue as a full-time member.

Due to this, Østen recently informed the band that he sees no other option than to make his decision a permanent one. Tristania has asked Kjetil Nordhus (Head Disco, ex-Green Carnation, ex-Trail Of Tears), who was engaged as Østen's temporary stand-in, to replace Østen on a permanent basis, and Kjetil has accepted the offer."

Read more at this location.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Tristania

Posted: 30.08.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Jon - 30.08.2010 at 18:53
This is slightly old news, Østen's listed as a guest member on the new album. Shame though, the man's vocals kick arse.
ndawkn - 30.08.2010 at 19:37
It is indeed a shame, Østen is a great singer. I understand him, though. And Kjetil is probably the best replacement they can get.
dodstink - 30.08.2010 at 19:46
To the ones who are into norwegian mainstream this ´news´ affects them for sure.
floydiac - 30.08.2010 at 22:33
I am a big fan of Kjetil Nordus' singing, so this pleases me.
wormwood - 31.08.2010 at 00:17
Terrible news.
AnGina-- - 01.09.2010 at 13:41
This is like a thousand years old ''news'', nothing new about it, it was pretty clear that Østen's not coming back when he first announced stepping back. Which is a shame though, I have admired his vocal work so much over the years, he's incredible and definately left a permanent mark in Tristania's history. Kjetil is good, his sining style is very similar to Østen's, but let's not forget what crap he pulled with the rest of the ex-Trail of Tears gang after Existentia, leaving Ronny all alone before going on tour.

Yea, I have my eyes on Kjetil
dismaleuphony - 01.09.2010 at 18:38
Østen's departure, while no surprise, is still really a big letdown; it was his work on "Illumination" that made it so wonderful vocally. I'm sure Kjetil will do a fine job vocally, and it's smart replacement, but it's just not the same.

Written by AnGina-- on 01.09.2010 at 13:41

Yea, I have my eyes on Kjetil

In regards to the unfortunate events in Trail Of Tears, I'd say it was for the best as it seemed there was just too much tension already, as sensed in the music itself at the time. I think the split allowed Ronny to reboot the band, which was fully worth it based on the last album. Hopefully Kjetil has long since moved on as well, and will be good for Tristania full-time now
AnGina-- - 02.09.2010 at 16:34
Written by dismaleuphony on 01.09.2010 at 18:38

I'm not saying his departure was a wrong choice and that he was sorely missed, because well, he wasn't. I'm just having my doubts about what he is capable of doing. Ronny sure succeeded with Trail of Tears after it, no doubt there, but the moment in which he was left alone wasn't exactly a cherry one.

News Ataraxie - Line-Up Changes 4 10.02.2014 by Troy Killjoy
News Mors Principium Est - Lineup Changes 4 07.12.2006 by Katatronik
News Falchion - Line-Up Changes 4 14.12.2008 by Bararey
News October Tide - Announce Line-Up Changes, New Album On The Way 4 09.02.2012 by Kuroboshi
News Nominon - Announce Line-Up Changes 4 19.06.2011 by JCJen7