6 is the working title of their forthcoming album scheduled for release on March 21st, 2011. The new album will include 11 songs. Some of the titles are "Ain't giving in", "Concealed In The Dark", "If Only Death Was An Illusion", "Monster" and "Warrior Blood".

The album will be available in minimum 3 different formats, which will include 4 bonus tracks: "The Eternal War", "Show Your Hate", "The Almighty" (these are all re-recorded versions of tracks taken from the band's first album - "Fear Of Tomorrow") and "Computer God" (a cover version of the song by Black Sabbath).

The band will enter the recording studio on November 29th. The new material will be recorded again at Medley Studios in Denmark, with Søren Andersen as the producer.

Artillery plan to promote the new album with a world-wide tour.

Band profile: Artillery

Posted: 14.09.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments

vezzy - 14.09.2010 at 16:14
Alright, good news. I liked When Death Comes a lot, so this should be at least decent.
Array - 14.09.2010 at 16:18
Yea, When Death Comes included reaaally good riffs and song structures and and and....
Daniell - 14.09.2010 at 16:48
Whenever I listen to "When Death Comes" I always think: this is how Testament should've sounded on "New Order" and onwards, instead of opting for boring riffs and tuned down tempos.
Seriously, "When Death Comes" sounds like it should be a follow-up to Testament's "The Legacy".
VanHelsing - 15.09.2010 at 03:58
Looking forward to this!
K†ulu - 15.09.2010 at 10:51
Written by Daniell on 14.09.2010 at 16:48

No way! "When Death Comes" has a totally different sound from "The Legacy." "The New Order" on the other hand has the same dark, raw sound as "The Legacy" had. WDC has so much cheese that the good thrash parts just don't make up for them. "The New Order" is brilliant for the most part if you ask me.
Daniell - 15.09.2010 at 10:53
Oh well, opinions vary!
Marcel Hubregtse - 15.09.2010 at 10:54
Written by K†ulu on 15.09.2010 at 10:51

Written by Daniell on 14.09.2010 at 16:48

To my ears The New Order is a olished version of The Legacy missing that album's bite and darkness and innovative songwriting. TNO only has a couple of good songs, the rest is mediocre at best. But I agree that WDC isn't good at all.
K†ulu - 15.09.2010 at 10:58
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2010 at 10:54

Written by K†ulu on 15.09.2010 at 10:51

I always wondered which songs you don't like on The New Order...
Marcel Hubregtse - 15.09.2010 at 11:10
Written by K†ulu on 15.09.2010 at 10:58

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2010 at 10:54

Written by K†ulu on 15.09.2010 at 10:51

I always wondered which songs you don't like on The New Order...

I thought I had mentioend them somewhere but apprantly not. So, here we go:
Eerie Inhabitants
Hypnosis (instrumental)
The Preacher
Nobody's Fault (yes I know it's a cover, but I do like the original Aerosmith version)
A Day of Reckoning
Musical Death (A Dirge) (instrumental)

Soso is:
The New Order

Good to great are:
Trial by Fire
Into The Pit
Disciples of the Watch
vezzy - 15.09.2010 at 12:51
Written by Daniell on 14.09.2010 at 16:48

Yeah, it wasn't that good.
Daniell - 15.09.2010 at 12:57
I never said it was that good, but I still think it's very decent.
DrunkenFuck - 23.11.2010 at 16:30
Can't fucking wait!!! WDC owned all other thrash releases in 2009.
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.11.2010 at 16:50
Written by DrunkenFuck on 23.11.2010 at 16:30

Can't fucking wait!!! WDC owned all other thrash releases in 2009.

Now effing way
Sacrifice - The ONes I condemn blew it completely to smithereens as did:
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Profane Omen - Inherit The Void
Dead Head - Depression Tank
Gama Bomb - Tales From The Grave In Space
Suicidal Angels - Sanctify The Darkness
Hirax - El Rostro De La Muerte
Vektor - Black Future
Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive
DrunkenFuck - 24.11.2010 at 15:05
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2010 at 16:50

Written by DrunkenFuck on 23.11.2010 at 16:30

Can't fucking wait!!! WDC owned all other thrash releases in 2009.

Now effing way
Sacrifice - The ONes I condemn blew it completely to smithereens as did:
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Profane Omen - Inherit The Void
Dead Head - Depression Tank
Gama Bomb - Tales From The Grave In Space
Suicidal Angels - Sanctify The Darkness
Hirax - El Rostro De La Muerte
Vektor - Black Future
Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive

You must be freaking kidding me right? The new Slayer, MW and Gama Bomb releases where boring, uninspired pieces of crap. Vektor is NOT my kind of thrash at all. And Suicidal Angels have always been a bit average (though I'm actually sitting with that shirt on right now).
Sacrifice was pretty awesome I must give you. Haven't heard the others.
In honesty though it seems like you just listed all thrash releases you could think of
WDC is PACKED with incredible riffs and amazing vocals. Plus you have to take into account that I'm danish, so my opinion is totally biased by that
Marcel Hubregtse - 24.11.2010 at 16:30
@muldarran I LOVE Artillery's first three and really enjoy B.A.C.K. But the new one was just, to use you phrasing, a boring uninspired piece of crap
Had it been Dutch I would considered it that as well.
GT - 25.11.2010 at 14:55