Visions Of Atlantis have finished the recordings of their forthcoming yet-untitled album, the follow-up to 2007's Trinity. The band issued the following update:

"There is a lot going on in the VoA-camp at the moment and everyone's quite busy preparing for the upcoming aibum. One thing first: Recordings are finished. Everything is done!!! The Guys and Girl did a great job over the last months (yes, we where taking a lot of time for recording) and it was worth every single second of the Work as the result just sounds amazing!

So, what's the plan now?

Mixing and mastering are starting now and will be finished very soon. Also very soon we will tell the world the exact release date and of course album title. Also expect a complete new MySpace-design with album cover, new promo pics and more and more in November! At the moment the band is preparing the show for next week Metal Female Voices Fest VIII. Would be great meeting some of you there maybe!

Also feel free to join our new Group on Facebook just by searching Visions Of Atlantis Official, where you can find daily news and hot stuff directly written by the band members! You can also find reports of different band members concerning the recording process there, which will be also added here on MySpace soon with a lot more, so be sure to stay tuned in the meantime.

As promised: VoA will return with a thunderclap in early 2011, be prepared for weekly news now as the main-work is done and there's time again for all other things besides recording!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Visions Of Atlantis

Posted: 11.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Dark†SymphonY - 11.10.2010 at 21:35
I hope they make an improvement in this new album. Their previous albums really haven't been anything special. But I will wait and hopefully I won't be disappointed this time.
Ellrohir - 11.10.2010 at 22:34
Well it is already almost completely different band, so lets hope the music will be different too
annodomini - 12.10.2010 at 10:30
I have doubts that without Wolfgang and Melissa they will do something similiar to Trinity, which was a masterpiece. But hope dies last
Ellrohir - 12.10.2010 at 10:35
Lol...now i just see Trinity as a random album

anyway i didnt like it - Cast Away style suits me more from them
Lovecraft - 12.10.2010 at 15:33
Last album was really boring. This might be better.
annodomini - 12.10.2010 at 19:29
Am I the one who found Trinity the only good VOA album, and actually a close to masterpiece?
Jason W. - 13.10.2010 at 21:47
Written by annodomini on 12.10.2010 at 19:29

Hah no, Trinity is a good listen I don't rate it so high because I don't like all the songs on the studio version, but tracks like "My Darkside Home" and "At The Back Of Beyond" are excellent! This band was ten times better live than in the studio; the studio seemed to totally fail in capturing the deep warmth in the band's abilities (at least to my ears as well as a few friends). To be honest, I thought it was going to be the stepping stone to their best work, but ahh well, maybe it will be, even in the totally new form?

Considering that Maxi Nil is involved, I have lots of hope
Ag Fox - 10.11.2010 at 00:46
Mixing is done:

News Visions Of Atlantis - New Album Tracklist And Cover Revealed 9.5 18.01.2013 by Dark†SymphonY
News Visions Of Atlantis - New Album Samples Online 9 07.03.2007 by Dark Cornatus
News Visions Of Atlantis - New Album Details Revealed 9 30.11.2006 by Lupas
News Visions Of Atlantis - New Album Ready 9 05.12.2010 by Jason W.
News Visions Of Atlantis - Album Teaser Online 7.5 14.01.2011 by Luneth