Finnish Symphonic metallers Amberian Dawn recently shot a video for the first single off their latest record, End Of Eden - incidentally released today. The song is called "Arctica", and the video - directed by M. Nieminen from Routafilmi - can be viewed below.

In other news, the band has suffered a major line-up disruption. Main composer Tuomas Seppälä explains as follows:

"There's no drama involved in this line-up change. It's all about time issues. I hope very much succes and happines for you Tommi Kuri (bass), Joonas Pykälä-Aho (drums) and Emil Pohjalainen (guitars) in the future. You can meet the new line-up of Amberian Dawn on our music video "Arctica". These new guys have been around already before - Heikki Saari (Norther, Naildown) used to be our original drummer in 2006 and he played drums on the songs "River Of Tuoni" and "Evil Inside Me" on our debut album, River Of Tuoni. Bassist Jukka Koskinen (Norther, Wintersun, Cain's Offering) has already played one gig with us last summer at Tavastia Club. We're ready with our new line-up on our next gig in Helsinki, November 26th in Dante's Highlight."

The new Amberian Dawn line-up is completed with the addition of Helion guitarist Kimmo Korhonen.

[Also thanks to BudDa]

Source: amberiandawn.com
Band profile: Amberian Dawn

Posted: 21.10.2010 by Elodie Artour

Comments

Carl Berg - 21.10.2010 at 01:03
Amberian Dawn is one of the female fronted bands that I really like.
dismaleuphony - 21.10.2010 at 07:21
I love the song, and hope it's easily available next week The video is a disappointment though, it is anticlimatic and stagnant, where instead this song demands something energetic and pensive.
GT - 21.10.2010 at 14:38
Boring video but the song is really good. I'll be getting this release I guess.
The Shape 1973 - 21.10.2010 at 21:12
Instrumentals are great, but not keen on the vocals. I'm not a big fan of harsh vocals, but this song is crying out for a bit of variety, maybe a male vocal?
Luneth - 21.10.2010 at 21:17
Written by GT on 21.10.2010 at 14:38

Boring video but the song is really good. I'll be getting this release I guess.

Boring song and boring video tbh. The operatic singing is over the top for me.
Almagest - 24.10.2010 at 17:22
Written by dismaleuphony on 21.10.2010 at 07:21

Uhm, aren't "energetic" and "pensive" opposites? Just wondering ...

News Amberian Dawn - New Video Online, Part Ways With Bassist 10.5 13.05.2013 by BynersA7X
News Amberian Dawn - New Video Online 10.5 03.03.2012 by BudDa
News Amberian Dawn - New Video Online 10.5 30.01.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Amberian Dawn - New Song Streaming Online 9 15.04.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Amberian Dawn - Part Ways With Vocalist, Line-Up Changes Revealed 9 09.11.2012 by

Hits total: 2068 | This month: 14