In just two weeks, Sweden's most successful Heavy Metal band Hammerfall will enter the studio to record the follow up to their gold album No Sacrifice, No Victory.

The songwriting is almost finished, and guitarist Oscar Dronjak reveals: "The new material contains a lot of fresh ways to look at the musical ideas, we're trying to preserve the essence of what HammerFall is while at the same time updating the execution and approach. Definitely heavier and less straight forward than the previous albums, yet remaining true to what we believe heavy metal is all about."

Expect the unexpected! The quintet also decided to work with a new producer, which is significant since the last four albums have been produced by Charlie Bauerfeind. The choice fell on James Michael, who recently worked with Mötley Crüe, Scorpions, Meat Loaf and others.

James Michael comments: "We are about to make a fantastic album. The band is firing on all cylinders and I am excited to be part of this project."

Oscar Dronjak explains: "Working with James Michael is going to be very, very exciting. The two Mötley Crüe album James has been involved in (songwriter on New Tattoo and songwriter/producer on Saints Of Los Angeles) are great, and easily stack up against the classic albums of the 80's. That, and the fact that HammerFall have used the same producer (Charlie Bauerfeind) since 2002 has me very psyched about this collaboration, it will automatically bring a freshness to the proceedings! A lot of what HF was got refined when we started working with Charlie, and I'm sure we'll get a similar kind of reaction here. Sort of like a kick in the ass, to get going in the right direction."

Vocalist Joacim Cans adds another important aspect: "I see James Michael as one of my favorite singers of today and his work with SIXX:AM is simply fantastic. Not only is the album one of the best ever made production-wise, but James also delivers a vocal performance that most singers today are not capable of. James will be the perfect co-producer for us and I really think he will be able to get me up a notch in the vocal department"

The yet untitled record will be released in Europe on May 20th.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: HammerFall

Posted: 12.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

Vombatus - 13.11.2010 at 00:26
Expect the unexpected...

I hope it will be unexpected coz Hammerfall were getting pretty boring.

It gets old when popular bands tell about their album and go "wow, it's gonna be something totally new and AWESOMEEE, never seen before!" and ends been the same formula they used for last 2-3 albums... I just go meh with this
Mongoose2557 - 13.11.2010 at 07:24
I hope this album isn't as disappointing as their last one. That's all I'm gonna say.
Valentin B - 13.11.2010 at 17:34
Hope it will be a step up, the last 2 albums were too weak and fluffy.
Angelic Storm - 13.11.2010 at 17:53
Meh, I really liked the last album... lol

Strange choice of producer for Hammerfall though, Im interested to hear what they come up with, though with his track record, Im more apprehensive than exicted. :\
The Shape 1973 - 13.11.2010 at 19:43
Can't imagine much of a departure from all of their previous releases.

Something to freshen things up a bit is needed, in most power metal at the moment (Gamma Ray, Avantasia and Dragonfarce I'm looking at you).

How many times do we hear "It's gonna be heavier" then its not?
Kenos - 15.11.2010 at 13:09
Written by The Shape 1973 on 13.11.2010 at 19:43

How many times do we hear "It's gonna be heavier" then its not?

Well, bands somehow need to keep their audience interested/excited while they can... Even if in the end they already know that they're going to release a gigantic flop, or at least another pile of lazy, mediocre songs.
YoreLore - 15.11.2010 at 13:53
I font understand the need for bands to claim the new release will be heavier, to me, heavier does not mean better...
I dont listen to music for it to be HEAVY!!!
Metal Maiden - 16.11.2010 at 11:35
I'm a total HF fanboy, I love all their albums so far, that's what power metal should sound imo...I get a bad feeling from this change of producer though, hope I'm wrong...
GT - 18.11.2010 at 15:48
Hope it'll be better than their last one, 'cause that one was totally uninspiring and boring. I'll be really surprised if it turn out to be though.
pendragonx - 24.11.2010 at 19:16
Looking forward to hear what they come up with.. Enjoyed their last album quite a bit.. though, I suppose seeing them in concert helped with the enjoyment some .. they put on an awesome show I must say
GT - 25.11.2010 at 14:57
Written by pendragonx on 24.11.2010 at 19:16

Seen them a couple of times live and every time they disappointed me big time. Totally uninspiring performance with no feelings or passion what so ever. Glad you had a better experience

News Hammerfall - Release Date For New Album Confirmed 7.5 21.06.2006 by Daru Jericho
News HammerFall - Reveal New Album Details 7 26.05.2014 by The Shape 1973
News Isis - New Album Out In May 7 07.02.2009 by benvolent
News A Forest Of Stars - New Album Out By May 7 30.03.2010 by BudDa
News The Monolith Deathcult - New Album Due Out In May 7 31.01.2013 by Baz Anderson