Korpiklaani are set to release yet another new album, called Ukon Wacka, on February 4, 2011 through Nuclear Blast Records.

On Ukon Wacka, the band's seventh album, Korpiklaani took things even further: seven-string guitars, mandoline, mandola and jouhikko are just a few of the instruments that were used on Ukon Wacka.

The album title refers to "a pagan sacrificial feast from ancient times, on which a special made beer richly flowed. As can be expected from the title, this album has an ancient and very folky feel and is totally in Finnish", frontman Jonne explains. One title doesn't seem very Finnish though: the drinking anthem "Tequila" which is dedicated to all South American fans of the band.

Ukon Wacka also features a guest appearance by famous Finnish singer Tuomari Nurmio. All in all a joyous affair in the traditional and beloved Korpiklaani vein, Ukon Wacka boasts ten party tracks that make you wanna raise that drinking horn up high. Also make sure to grab a limited edition copy of Ukon Wacka to check out the brilliant Motörhead cover version bonus track "Iron Fist". Believe Jonne when he says: "A big folky feast for all!"

One of the new tracks, called "Tuoppi Oltta", can be heard at this location, while the band's 2009 effort Karkelo can still be streamed in its entirety at the official MySpace.

Ukon Wacka [cover art] tracklist:

10. Iron First [Motörhead cover] [limited edition bonus]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Korpiklaani

Posted: 30.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

Sword_Chant - 30.11.2010 at 14:12
I like the new song, but another new album? How many albums do they want in a decade?
Kenos - 30.11.2010 at 14:17
As lame as it gets.
Briche - 30.11.2010 at 14:34
I prefer that korpiklaani works more in his albums... they are a "album factory" and they are extremly repetitiv. I like this song anywhere.
vezzy - 30.11.2010 at 14:54
I wasn't expecting that album cover. It made me laugh.
ImNotMetal - 30.11.2010 at 17:33
I hope the will release something different
Gordon Freeman - 30.11.2010 at 18:02
Nothing is certain in life but death, taxes and another Korpiklaani album.
Elodie Artour - 30.11.2010 at 18:44
Written by Gordon Freeman on 30.11.2010 at 18:02

Nothing is certain in life but death, taxes and another Korpiklaani album.

LOL
Now, that was a good dictum. Believe it or not, though, I'm excited for Korpiklaani's new record as I'm a thorough fan of theirs.
YoreLore - 30.11.2010 at 20:33
Even the album artwork seems samey.
Vitriolic Hate - 30.11.2010 at 23:05
Written by vezzy on 30.11.2010 at 14:54

I wasn't expecting that album cover. It made me laugh.

The cover artwork is funny indeed.
worm_is_gloaming - 01.12.2010 at 03:36
I for one am thoroughly excited by this news and can't wait

Criticizing Korpiklaani for sameness is like criticizing sky for being blue... it is what it is, and that's how they roll. Those expecting deep profound evolving musical revelations from them will be - and are - duly disappointed. Yep, it's just silly stuff for fun and drinking and rocking out (a dude from Metal Maniacs once called them "drinking metal", and I agree); what seems samey to some is for me a dynamic, lively permutation of that good old beery cheer
To each their own tho
PrimalAntagonist - 01.12.2010 at 07:40
That man on the cover art looks like a shorter gandalf...lol
Gordon Freeman - 01.12.2010 at 19:07
Written by Elodie Artour on 30.11.2010 at 18:44

LOL

I'm a casual fan myself. I enjoy listening to them but can't be bothered to buy more than one or two of their albums.
Elodie Artour - 01.12.2010 at 19:48
@worm_is_gloaming: You're damn right, dude! Finally someone to say something wise about this whole Korpiklaani-hatred-thing. Whoever 'hates' them should freely step aside. And, yes, I can't wait for the new album either!

P.S.: Cover art is extremely funny, I know!
Slyfang - 02.12.2010 at 20:24
As i've said before, each year they become more drunk than the last. this is shown by each album having less and less songs written in english, while being more and more about alcohol
necrovamp - 05.12.2010 at 18:03
I used to love this band, their 1st 3 albums plus the shaman ones are brilliant, but after 'tales along this road' everything is the same, theres about 4 songs from the albums after 'tales' i actually like, the rest are just reworkings of the last one, yeah they are there to sit back and drink to but I can do that to most bands and they manage to put difference in their songs. hell even the cover is the same as the last one but this time they used lights. This band had potential to be brilliant but crashed and burned into the shit pile.
RavenKing - 05.12.2010 at 19:13
What a pointless crappy band that is.
If you check the word 'lame' in a dictionary, it probably says "see Korpiklaani".

To those who will come here to say "if you don't like something, just ignore it": I believe things as lame as this band should not be ignored but denounced as the disgrace they are. It's a shame people can make money by releasing the same lazy shit over and over, year after year. This kind of musicians should rot on social assistance for their laziness and moronic attitude.

Bands like that should be wiped out from the face of the Earth.

N.B. Sorry for all the hate but I can't help it: when I see things like that all this kind of bands give me as a feeling is hate for what they represent.
vezzy - 07.12.2010 at 16:00
Written by RavenKing on 05.12.2010 at 19:13

What a pointless crappy band that is.

Bands like that should be wiped out from the face of the Earth.

Repeat ad infinitum.
RavenKing - 08.12.2010 at 00:12
Written by vezzy on 07.12.2010 at 16:00

Written by RavenKing on 05.12.2010 at 19:13

What a pointless crappy band that is.

Bands like that should be wiped out from the face of the Earth.

Repeat ad infinitum.

I wonder if I should take this comment as a form of agreement or as an attack.

News Korpiklaani - Reveal New Album Details 9 10.05.2012 by Bad English