Arch Enemy have released the following statement:

"Coming off a triumphant headlining tour in the UK last month with support by Grand Magus, Chthonic and Malefice, metal masters Arch Enemy have begun recording a new studio album. After releasing the Tyrants Of The Rising Sun - Live In Japan Live DVD/CD (2008) and the re-recordings album The Root Of All Evil (2009), the new studio effort marks the long awaited successor of 2007's acclaimed Rise Of The Tyrant album.

Arch Enemy's new album will be self-produced by the band and engineered/mixed by Rickard Bengtsson (who already produced 2005's Doomsday Machine album). The band has recently entered Sweet Spot Studio in the south of Sweden for the album's recording process and drummer Daniel Erlandsson, who just finished off tracking his parts, now checks in with the following report:

"After an intense but inspiring stay in the studio, I've just completed recording the drum tracks for the upcoming Arch Enemy album! We're working once again with Rickard Bengtsson, who produced Doomsday Machine, and he quickly dialed in an absolutely pristine drumtone! I've also had the expertise of local drum guru Beppe Wackelin at hand, helping out with tuning and kindly letting me use some of his vintage drums. This time around I've used a Pearl Reference drum kit, while incorporating various snare drums on songs that demanded a slightly different feel.

We had a very inspiring and creative time writing this album, I think this is definitely evident when listening to the new songs. There's tons of variation in the material, ranging all the way from very melodic to extremely heavy. As you can expect there's no shortage of killer riffs and intricate guitar work, the Amott Bros have come up with some very cool yet demanding ideas! This album has some of the fastest songs I've ever recorded, along with a bunch of heavy pounding mid tempo songs. As always, it's difficult to describe music in words - but rest assured - this album will be one heavy fucker!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy

Posted: 20.12.2010 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

Cathval - 20.12.2010 at 21:29
So...the same generic riffs, uninspired bass lines, tone deaf screams, and a rehash of the fourth album all over again? Sorry, but everytime I think of Arch Enemy and their glory days I immediately think of the gems Silverwing, Tears of the Dead, Demonic Science, etc. They had such immense talent back then it's a shame it was wasted on the pulbicity stunt of having a woman with a vuh-jay-jay screaming her lungs out for nothing other than the fact that sex sells. Another example of a band that "Pulled an In Flames on us".

Please jump off the "let's make an album for Hatebreed and Slayer fans" train and make something as in-depth as your glorious past. Thank you.

- C
Dark Blood - 20.12.2010 at 21:45
Let's see how this comes out. I'm curious. Rise Of The Tyrant was a good album (better than Doomsday I guess). Maybe after the re-recording of Root of all Evil they get inspired, who knows.
ViolentPrayers - 20.12.2010 at 22:03
SOUNDS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE (Y)
Paradox0 - 21.12.2010 at 00:36
Written by Cathval on 20.12.2010 at 21:29

HOLY CRAP!!! Theres actually someone else out there who likes old AE?

Honestly though when a band is promoting how "heavy" they sound its usually a sign of suckage
Ag Fox - 21.12.2010 at 00:44
Don't like the production in Doomsday (why do they have to bring that guy in again??) >:
Root Of All Evil was rather pointless and pretty meh
Kap'N Korrupt - 21.12.2010 at 01:50
So I think that we're all in agreement here that the new album is going to be pretty much in the doldrums...and yeah, I third the whole liking the old AE...I mean, I was excited when Glassow joined the band and liked some of the stuff they put with her but they became pretty generic rather quickly...
Doc Godin - 21.12.2010 at 05:46
I for one really enjoyed Rise Of The Tyrant, but for some reason the re-recordings just seems like a sign of a band running out of steam.
BMR Monkey - 21.12.2010 at 07:22
So many bad thoughts....
still i will wait for this like most of you with higher hopes
BloodTears - 21.12.2010 at 11:59
Written by Dark Blood on 20.12.2010 at 21:45

I think Doomsday was better But that's just me.

I'm really curious about this one, regardless of everything people are speculating about and saying about the band.
SexyCat_1113 - 21.12.2010 at 14:54
That's a great news !
So gelivable !
Dark Blood - 21.12.2010 at 21:38
Written by BloodTears on 21.12.2010 at 11:59

Written by Dark Blood on 20.12.2010 at 21:45

I think Doomsday was better But that's just me.

Yeah, I don't mind what people say. I think the band is doing a great job with their releases, as they always do.
visiblenoise - 22.12.2010 at 20:50
They may not be as great as they were, but that doesn't preclude them from being awesome
ANGEL REAPER - 28.12.2010 at 13:43
Teasing, just teasing me....
Joey Filth - 11.01.2011 at 03:09
I think AE have yet to reach their full potential. They're a very talented band, no doubt. High hopes for this one.
Axe Argonian - 16.01.2011 at 05:03
I will keep my fingers crossed for this one!
Angelic Storm - 16.01.2011 at 06:04
Written by Joey Filth on 11.01.2011 at 03:09

I think they already did that on "Burning Bridges". Definitely an absolute classic album for me.

News Arch Enemy - New Album Tracklist Revealed 9 02.04.2011 by neonxaos
News Arch Enemy - Unveil First Details About New Album 9 04.03.2014 by Hex_Omega
News Arch Enemy - New Album Cover Art Unveiled 9 07.03.2011 by necrovamp