The Chicago Tribune is reporting that renowned tattoo artist and Leviathan mainman Jef "Wrest" Whitehead (also Lurker Of Chalice, Krieg, Twilight) was charged with criminal sexual assault and aggravated domestic battery Sunday and held on $350,000 bond after allegedly attacking his girlfriend.

Cook County prosecutors said an argument between the couple began about 12:30 a.m. Saturday at a home connected to a tattoo shop in the 1100 block of West Taylor Street. Whitehead allegedly used the tools of his trade to sexually assault his girlfriend after he slammed her head against a floor and choked her.

The woman was taken to the University of Illinois Medical Center in fair to serious condition, said Quention Curtis, a Chicago Fire Department spokesman. Her condition was not known Sunday.

Read the full story here.

Source: chicagotribune.com
Band profile: Leviathan

Posted: 10.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

TheBigRossowski - 10.01.2011 at 11:51
Does this mean we'll see another Leviathan release... or...ugh, what's up...

lol
LeChron James - 10.01.2011 at 12:37
"tools of his trade"? Wtf does that mean? He sexually assaulted her with a guitar/drumsticks/synths?
whitepawel - 10.01.2011 at 12:39
Yeah, hurting women is so fuckin' tru.
What a pussy
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.01.2011 at 12:53
Written by LeChron James on 10.01.2011 at 12:37

tattoo needles I guess.
CHEF METALHEAD - 10.01.2011 at 14:26
His cellmate Bubba is going to used the tools of his trade on Leviathan....
JD - 10.01.2011 at 14:37
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.01.2011 at 11:51

Does this mean we'll see another Leviathan release... or...ugh, what's up...
lol

Haha i guess so...
Dark Blood - 10.01.2011 at 14:50
Shouldn't he be arrested instead of just paying a "little fine"? These laws make me confused... No wonder women are afraid to press charges in domestic violence and rape cases. These guys always get away with it.
King Bonzo - 10.01.2011 at 15:44
Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 14:50

I don't think being held on a bond is the same as a fine, altho I'm not familiar with american law I could be wrong.
Dark Blood - 10.01.2011 at 15:49
Written by King Bonzo on 10.01.2011 at 15:44

Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 14:50

Hmm I'm not too familiar as well. Maybe I'm wrong too and I'm talking non sense lol.
BudDa - 10.01.2011 at 16:19
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.01.2011 at 11:51

Does this mean we'll see another Leviathan release... or...ugh, what's up...

lol

Haha. Not in the foreseeable future seeing as hes now discovered a new hobby in hurting women..
Vitriolic Hate - 10.01.2011 at 16:23
Written by whitepawel on 10.01.2011 at 12:39

Yeah, hurting women is so fuckin' tru.
What a pussy

yeah it's totally nekro & br00tal, imagine a tattoo needle in her forehead
Pétur - 10.01.2011 at 17:16
What a coward and a douche.
athena - 10.01.2011 at 17:53
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.01.2011 at 11:51

Does this mean we'll see another Leviathan release... or...ugh, what's up...

lol

Um, yeah, not funny. He doesn't deserve the right to one, now. As far as the law goes around here, he technically should get jail time but probably won't. That always happens...Can't say I know why though.
nilzardo - 10.01.2011 at 18:31
Ha! lol!
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.01.2011 at 18:33
Written by Guest on 10.01.2011 at 18:31

Ha! lol!

I don't see anything funny going on here in this news item.
SO please enlighten us as what is so funny.
Jiri - 10.01.2011 at 19:23
Jiri shakes his head at Jeffy. This is not trve a black metal aggrivation assault. We are supposed attack and murder homosexauls and midget folk like Euronymous. Not women! Black metal is far to gay to even involve women! Sure they kill homos, but that is only to hide their own gayness. Shame on you Wrest, you son of a bitch!
BitterCOld - 10.01.2011 at 19:37
Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 14:50

bond is not a fine. he will remain in jail until his trial unless he can come up with $350,000 for a bond. basically, if he can come up with the money, he'll be free to stay around the Chicago area until the time of his trial. if he attempts to, say, flee to Canada the money is forfeit and he remains a fugitive. if found guilty in a trial, he'll do some serious time in prison.

and $350,000 is hardly a "little fine" (or bond) - as a tattoo artist/bm musician, he probably doesn't make that much in five to ten years.
Ph0eNiX - 10.01.2011 at 20:17
Aren't there senators or dirty politics (The active/"business as usual" form of gov't in the States as of the W. Presidency) the paper can make more of an issue out of than a musician?

Don't get me wrong domestic stuff is really messed up (If it's true... "alleged") but honestly where is an explanation or breakdown of things that're going on in the country instead of "Wild stories about individual occurrences" that the courts are there to decide?
Dark Blood - 10.01.2011 at 20:50
Written by BitterCOld on 10.01.2011 at 19:37

Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 14:50

Oh I get in now. So he'll be awaiting his trial in jail or pay the bond. I thought that was already his sentence. Sorry, I misinterpreted.

About the "little fine" I was being sarcastic and serious at the same time: of course that is everything but little for someone like him. But in my understanding, for someone who does such a thing any bond is a little fine compared to what he deserves. IF he's actually guilty of course.
BitterCOld - 10.01.2011 at 21:28
Written by Dark Blood on 10.01.2011 at 20:50

a bond is merely collateral that the accused can be let out of jail, will be good citizen, and until the trial. a bond has absolutely nothing to do with a fine or what "he deserves". bond values are set by a judge and determined by a combination of the seriousness of the crime and the flight risk of the accused. so forget everything you thought before reading this, as you were not even close...
BitterCOld - 10.01.2011 at 21:36
Written by Ph0eNiX on 10.01.2011 at 20:17

First - Politics/politicans were corrupt well before the Bush administration, and are still every bit as corrupt now. I'd say even MORESO. That's the kind of stuff that makes the front page.

Second - "than a musician" - the paper, as i stated earlier, did not even mention his musical career. and it wasn't just domestic "stuff", it was alleged battery and sexual assault that apparently also involved a tattoo needle or some other piece of gear. the paper's job is also to report on local news items that might be of interest.

or are you actually stating papers should ignore everything aside from political corruption circa 2000-2008?
Black Conundrum - 11.01.2011 at 07:19
I feel sorry for his girlfriend; such domestic abuse and violence against women is wrong and outlandishly indecent. And no, there isn't anything funny about it. Commments including the endlessly overused term "lol" I feel are inaprropriate here, especially being placed where it was, after the comment explaining that something relevant was unfunny.

Written by Guest on 10.01.2011 at 18:31

Ha! lol!

To place "Ha! Lol!" as a response, direct or indirect, to news about a man assaulting his girlfriend is distasteful and inconsiderate. Also, as for an album being released by this man, that's not my concern at the moment; I felt disappointed seeing the misplaced concern being revealed in the first comment here, when future music material is ultimately irrelevant to this piece of news. Somebody was physically harmed here, and that is more important than an upcoming album of sorts. Well, those are my two cents.
BreadGod - 11.01.2011 at 07:49
I still hold true to the principle that he is innocent until proven guilty. If he really did sexually assault his girlfriend, then he deserves all the punishment and mockery he gets.
Raging Dreamer - 11.01.2011 at 08:50
The bond he will actually pay will only be 1/10 of what the actual set bond is if he uses a bail bondsman. For example, if a person's bond is set at 50,000$, that person will have to pay $5000 up front to the bail bondsman and then they will pay the rest, so that the person will be free to remain in the local area until the trial.

Secondly, SOMETHING apparently happened to the woman, since she went to the hospital in serious condition. Several factors will determine his guilt or innocence in a court of law. There will be both her testimony and any physical or material evidence gathered before the trial by police and investigators, to include medical examinations and blood and tissue samples.

If he really did this, then I am terribly disappointed that he would do something like this. Unfortunately, it happens all too often in america and the laws are not tough enough on these bastards. A lot of women wind up dead because of abuse. While we may not be able to say if this was the result of a heated argument or continued abuse, in either case, it is inexcusable. Any abuse shows cowardice on the part of the abuser.
athena - 11.01.2011 at 20:49
Written by Black Conundrum on 11.01.2011 at 07:19

Written by Guest on 10.01.2011 at 18:31

Ha! lol!

Worthy two cents
Skatmat - 12.01.2011 at 18:43
What a fucking prick. No longer welcome in my ears, Wrest.
nilzardo - 17.01.2011 at 22:28
Written by Black Conundrum on 11.01.2011 at 07:19

snip

Wow dudes, what's with the attitude? People die every day. And being drunk on metalstorm is an important facet of my life.
lemort - 18.03.2011 at 17:16
Written by Skatmat on 12.01.2011 at 18:43

What a fucking prick. No longer welcome in my ears, Wrest.

Nor mine!
Culty - 18.03.2011 at 17:26
Written by lemort on 18.03.2011 at 17:16

Written by Skatmat on 12.01.2011 at 18:43

What a fucking prick. No longer welcome in my ears, Wrest.

Nor mine!

I'm still gonna listen to his music. He doesn't talk about beating women in it, as far as I'm aware.
TheBigRossowski - 22.07.2011 at 12:02
This just sounds like a Massive Conspiracy Against All Leviathan if you ask me...

Too soon?...
EdguyAsFuck - 13.01.2012 at 20:34
Written by Culty on 18.03.2011 at 17:26

Written by lemort on 18.03.2011 at 17:16

Written by Skatmat on 12.01.2011 at 18:43

What a fucking prick. No longer welcome in my ears, Wrest.

Nor mine!

Eh.....go look up the lyrics to "A Necessary Mutilation". Not "beating", so much as "viciously raping and killing with rocks"
Mr. Doctor - 13.01.2012 at 20:52
Written by EdguyAsFuck on 13.01.2012 at 20:34

Written by Culty on 18.03.2011 at 17:26

"Beating her
Silently fucking her
A vicious beating of rocks and stones
Hardened earth takes her
Pounding thrusts crush her bones
Serrated edges breaks her "
MAJOR BONER

Nah but seriously, this shit doesn't affect the music at all for me.
Slayer666 - 13.01.2012 at 21:36
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.01.2012 at 20:52

"Beating her
Silently fucking her
A vicious beating of rocks and stones
Hardened earth takes her
Pounding thrusts crush her bones
Serrated edges breaks her "

"Honey, quick, it's our song on the radio!".
Mr. Doctor - 14.01.2012 at 01:47
Written by Slayer666 on 13.01.2012 at 21:36
"Honey, quick, it's our song on the radio!".

Hhahahhahahaha that actually made me laugh IRL, nice one dude
Culty - 15.01.2012 at 23:07
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.01.2012 at 20:52

Written by EdguyAsFuck on 13.01.2012 at 20:34

Written by Culty on 18.03.2011 at 17:26

"Beating her
Silently fucking her
A vicious beating of rocks and stones
Hardened earth takes her
Pounding thrusts crush her bones
Serrated edges breaks her "
MAJOR BONER

Nah but seriously, this shit doesn't affect the music at all for me.

It would appear I've been proven wrong. I think I'm gonna go be an easily impressionable teenager and try some of this stuff out for myself!
BoxCar Willy - 20.10.2012 at 01:57
A little follow up, he was proven innocent and all charges were dropped.

So...
Alex Fenger - 20.10.2012 at 19:50
Written by BoxCar Willy on 20.10.2012 at 01:57

A little follow up, he was proven innocent and all charges were dropped.

So...

Well that's a relief

News Leviathan - New Song Online 4.5 02.09.2011 by DerRozzengarten
News Leviathan - New Album Recordings Begin 4.5 20.11.2013 by Apothecary
News Leviathan - New Album Due Later This Year 4.5 29.07.2011 by ItalktotheWind
Albums Leviathan - A Silhouette In Splinters 3 21.12.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
Albums Leviathan - The Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide 3 16.06.2013 by BoxCar Willy