Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet recently conducted an interview with formerly renowned Danish tennis pro Lars Ulrich.

When asked when he and his jamming buddies in Metalium would begin work on the follow-up to Death Magnetic (voted Best Heavy Metal Album of 2008 according to 478 people with the best taste in music of everyone on this site), he answered:

"There's a really good vibe in the band at the moment. In the past, we would be fed up with Metallica whenever we returned home after a gigantic world tour, but this time it's different. Therefore it won't be that long before we start working on a new album. I think that we'll probably already get the creative process going in March or April and go into the studio. We really want to get back to Metallica quickly because we are enjoying it so much right now."

If you must, the full interview can be read on Blabbymouth.

Next to a huge one-show tour of North America in April, Metallica will also be playing two Sonisphere Festivals (UK and France) in July and Rock In Rio in September.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 01.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Silent Jay - 03.02.2011 at 09:57
I enjoyed Death Magnetic (giving it a listen now as it goes) and i don't think it was all too 'over-hyped'. It may not be quite up to par with their 80's material but lets be honest, ANYONE who expects a band to successfully tap into their older sound and please every fan over 20 years on is wishing for far too much. Metallica clearly are not the in the same mindframe or even personality-wise to write another Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. Those days are long gone. Death Magnetic was a step in the right direction after a soft 90's run and that fucking diabolical piece of shit that is commonly referred to as St. Anger. The only real problem I have with Death Magnetic is its shitty mix making it hard for me to listen to loud. My ears do not like that fuzz.
Aebsi - 03.02.2011 at 17:15
Written by Silent Jay on 03.02.2011 at 09:57

That's what most of us over 20's, going on 30's or 30's going on 40's or whatever, are talking about, we want the raw sound back. We know they're well past K.E.A., R.T.L. and M.O.P. mostly cause they've evolved, it's what all great bands do, we might not like the direction. Just don't overly master the albums, keep it raw at least a little.
neonxaos - 03.02.2011 at 18:38
I think Death Magnetic is a very underrated album, but that's just my five cents.
nb - 03.02.2011 at 19:44
I don't recall if I voted for Death Magnetic as the best album that year, but as many people say they made a nice effort in the right direction and I enjoy listening to that album from time to time, I appreciate it for what it is.
Death To Posers - 05.02.2011 at 02:03
I liked Death Magnetic as well, hope they follow up with something of the same caliber or better.

Pages: 1 [2]