Death's seventh and final album The Sound Of Perseverance will see its official reissue on February 15th in North America (February 21 internationally) via Relapse Records and is available for pre-order now at this location.

The first in a series of official Death re-issues slated for 2011, The Sound Of Perseverance has been remastered from the original studio tapes and expanded to include a second disc of previously unreleased demo material. The re-issue will also include enhanced artwork (viewable below) and liner notes from the original cover artist Travis Smith as well as liner notes from Death guitarist Shannon Hamm and never-before-seen photographs from The Sound Of Perseverance era.

The Sound Of Perseverance is streaming online now at the official Death Facebook page.

Source: emptywords.org
Band profile: Death

Posted: 11.02.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

MechanisT - 11.02.2011 at 23:38
Cool...will be interesting to see how it turns out...
Bond Of Blood - 12.02.2011 at 02:44
Good news, but I will be more interested when they reissue Spiritual Healing
BreadGod - 12.02.2011 at 02:47
Aw, hell. I have almost all of Death's discography and now they go an reissue everything? Oh well. Maybe I can give my old disks to a few friends of mine.
Timmeh - 12.02.2011 at 03:09
Chuck's finest work imo.
SlaytanicGonzo - 12.02.2011 at 03:22
If only this album would be released in Argentina...
Vikingr - 12.02.2011 at 03:52
Very nice
AngelofDeth - 12.02.2011 at 09:44
Im all down for re-issues of Death but re-mastered? whats up with that, they shouldnt fuck with chucks original work, i think its fine and raw as it is. i dont know if im down for a remastered version
The Voyager - 12.02.2011 at 21:45
Not really seeing the point of this to be honest. It's not as if the original albums are of terrible quality to begin with.
MegaShibbyDeth - 13.02.2011 at 03:45
AngelofDeth, I'm with you on that one. In general, I'm not too hip for remastering. Very few cases deem it necessary to alter the original work.

And... so what's the third disc then? A DVD?
-N- - 13.02.2011 at 10:45
This news really kick ass!!!!
I can't wait....
Apothecary - 13.02.2011 at 17:11
I really hate when they do this kind of shit. It takes away from the rawness and classic sound of the original material, imo.
Plus, I agree with you Voyager. It's not like the Death albums sound like shit anyway...
Troy Killjoy - 13.02.2011 at 17:40
Huge fan of the band (who isn't?), but this is just pointless. I like that they're streaming it online like it's a big deal when the album is over 10 years old and probably sounds worse after the remastering.

Cash grab!
>Odysseus - 13.02.2011 at 19:31
I just streamed the tracks ...and listened to the first demos of ( Voice of the sould , Bite the pain , story to tell )
and to see in yr own eyes how much work Chuck had put in each and every track make me love him even more ..

it's just amazing to have the privilege of witnessing a metal legend do his best for the music !

R.I.P Evil Chuck \m/
Klintopher - 15.02.2011 at 15:51
Stop complaining, just be happy that there is new Death on the market soon!! New stuff hell yeah!!
Re-mastering doesn't change anything but the quality, don't complain about it "taking away the rawness."
regmighty - 26.02.2011 at 19:10
I am so pumped, i cant wait!!!!!

News Death - "Individual Thought Patterns" Three-Disc Reissue Streaming Online 10.5 25.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy
Albums Death - The Sound Of Perseverance 7.5 05.01.2010 by Immortal