Doctrine, the new album of Dutch death metallers Pestilence, will be released in late April through Mascot Records.

The eleven-track CD was recorded and mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer Victor Bullok (Triptykon, Dark Fortress).

Regarding the direction of the band's new music, guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli previously stated: "The new material sounds, again, way different from the previous albums, and is going to top all previous Pestilence material, stated by insiders already."

One of the new songs on the album, called "Sinister", has been made available for streaming over at this location.

Doctrine tracklist:

01. The Predication (intro)
02. Amgod
11. Confusion

Source: pestilence.nl
Band profile: Pestilence

Posted: 02.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Array - 02.03.2011 at 22:41
Oh it's the Ghost guy in the cover.
MechanisT - 02.03.2011 at 23:04
The artwork is a bit too...plastic...for me...
Angelic Storm - 02.03.2011 at 23:17
The artwork is meh.. lol As for the song.. Im not sure about that ultra detuned sound, but its definitely a better and more interesting track than just about all of what was on "Resurrection Macabre". Kewl and kinda weird as well to hear Patrick busting out falsetto screams! Im definitely interested to hear the full album now. My guess is it will be better than the last album at least. xD
arj - 02.03.2011 at 23:37
Not bad. Also very interested in hearing the full album.

Second listen: growing a lot on me.

The bass of course slays on this, but how could it not.
Deadmeat - 03.03.2011 at 00:30
I dont like that much the new song. i hope it is a grower though...
Angelic Storm - 03.03.2011 at 00:34
Written by arj on 02.03.2011 at 23:37

Not bad. Also very interested in hearing the full album.

Second listen: growing a lot on me.

The bass of course slays on this, but how could it not.

The song is a grower, I liked it much more by the third listen. lol Okay, its not going to compete with their absolute best songs, but it's still pretty good! And yep, the bass is awesome, but it's no surprise when you know who is playing it. xD
Unhealer - 03.03.2011 at 00:39
Saw them two weeks ago here in Argentina, too bad they didn't play any new song...
This sounds great!!! It's awesome that the vocals are more similar to Consuming Impulse than Resurrection Macabre (weakest point of RM IMO)
Besides, it's always great to listen to JPT!
Deadmeat - 03.03.2011 at 01:08
Written by Unhealer on 03.03.2011 at 00:39

Besides, it's always great to listen to JPT!

imo the vocals on RM are maybe the best vocals pestilence ever had. equal to van drunens..
Unhealer - 03.03.2011 at 01:26
Written by Deadmeat on 03.03.2011 at 01:08

Written by Unhealer on 03.03.2011 at 00:39

Besides, it's always great to listen to JPT!

They felt OK when I started listening to RM. But when I checked older records I loved those 80'-90s thrashy death metal vocals.
And that was how Mameli sang RM songs in the concert here in Argentina, I definitely liked them a lot more than in the recording.
Just a matter of tastes anyway... let's just stick to the fact that JPT recorded in this one
arj - 03.03.2011 at 18:00
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.03.2011 at 00:34

Written by arj on 02.03.2011 at 23:37

Not bad. Also very interested in hearing the full album.

Second listen: growing a lot on me.

The bass of course slays on this, but how could it not.

Absolutely. Two excellent releases this year with Thesseling on them. Can't wait.
Angelic Storm - 04.03.2011 at 02:51
Written by arj on 03.03.2011 at 18:00

After the last album, I have to say my expectations for the latest were very low. I still have reservations about this ultra detuned sound they're now using, but "Sinister" is certainly a good song, and my expectations for "Doctrine" are definitely higher now than before I heard it. JPT is sounding as awesome as ever, and I love Patrick's manic vocals in the song. Hopefully Pestilence are about to release something good again. xD
3rdWorldFuckface - 04.03.2011 at 07:51
arj - 04.03.2011 at 15:04
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.03.2011 at 02:51

Written by arj on 03.03.2011 at 18:00

Can't agree more. When Pestilence was playing in Aalborg in Nov last year they said that the new album would make us forgot all about Resurrection Macabre
Angelic Storm - 04.03.2011 at 23:19
Written by arj on 04.03.2011 at 15:04

Hmm... by the sounds of that, the band weren't all that happy with the last album either. Which is a good thing. xD
Schweinhund - 05.03.2011 at 04:12
Great song! Getting more curious now to hear the rest of the album. Mameli's vocals and that fretless bass make it sound different. Never liked 'Resurrection Macabre' that much.
Black Conundrum - 05.03.2011 at 07:37
That's quite an interesting track listing and cover. Most of those song titles are one-worders.
StephenTheBoss - 09.03.2011 at 10:05
New song def. kicks ass!! Love how it just plows over everything!
Yasmine - 24.03.2011 at 04:06
I dig it.

News Vulture Industries - New Song Online, More Album Details 8.5 19.07.2013 by SSM
News Grave Digger - New Album Details, Song Sample Online 8.5 01.11.2008 by Akke920
News Nocturnal Graves - New Album Details, New Song Online 8.5 09.06.2014 by SBGMetal
News Grave - New Album Details, New Song Online 8.5 20.05.2010 by Pimpelmee
News Earth - New Album Details Revealed, New Song Online 8.5 17.01.2012 by 3rdWorld