Ozzy Osbourne's landmark solo albums, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman, will be reissued in a Special 30th Anniversary Deluxe Collector's Box Set on May 31th through Epic Records/Legacy Recordings.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, these two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond as they were marked by the ground-breaking and historic union of Ozzy and the late guitar hero Randy Rhoads. These definitive versions of 1980's Blizzard of Ozz (with previously unreleased bonus tracks) and 1981's Diary of a Madman are available individually on vinyl or CD, or together in a deluxe collector's box. All versions were restored and remastered from the original analog sources by George Marino.

The deluxe boxset will also contain a DVD, entitled Thirty Years After The Blizzard. This documentary DVD chronicles Ozzy's years with Randy Rhoads, featuring previously unseen footage of Ozzy and Randy filmed in 1981 & 1982, plus rare archival photos and films, along with new and revelatory interviews.

A short trailer for that DVD can be watched below.

Blizzard Of Ozz (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition) tracklist:

01. I Don't Know
02. Crazy Train
03. Goodbye To Romance
04. Dee
05. Suicide Solution
06. Mr. Crowley
07. No Bone Movies
08. Revelation (Mother Earth)
09. Steal Away (The Night)

Bonus tracks:
10. You Looking At Me, Looking At You (Non-LP B-Side, Previously Unreleased in the U.S.)
11. Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix, Previously Unreleased)
12. RR (Previously Unreleased - Randy Rhoads guitar solo)

Diary Of A Madman (Legacy Edition) tracklist:

Disc 1:
01. Over The Mountain
02. Flying High Again
03. You Can't Kill Rock And Roll
04. Believer
05. Little Dolls
06. Tonight
07. S.A.T.O.
08. Diary Of A Madman

Disc 2: Ozzy Live (recorded on the "Blizzard of Ozz" tour)
01. I Don't Know
02. Crazy Train
03. Believer
04. Mr. Crowley
05. Flying High Again
06. Revelation (Mother Earth)
07. Steal Away (The Night)
08. Suicide Solution
09. Iron Man
10. Children Of The Grave
11. Paranoid

Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set:

Blizzard Of Ozz (30th Anniversary Expanded Edition)
Diary Of A Madman (Legacy Edition)
Blizzard Of Ozz (180-gram LP original album only)
Diary Of A Madman (180-gram LP original album only)
DVD: Thirty Years After The Blizzard documentary

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne

Posted: 24.03.2011 by Bigpaul

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 24.03.2011 at 19:31
Will the DVD also feature his commercial with Bieber?
Valentin B - 24.03.2011 at 19:50
All i see is CASHGRAB.
SlaytanicGonzo - 24.03.2011 at 20:09
Looks pretty cool
cam - 24.03.2011 at 20:12
Great, great albums, but is this really necessary?
Lit. - 24.03.2011 at 21:08
Looks pretty cool. Must get.
bluegreengod - 24.03.2011 at 21:13
Instead of just reissuing these, they should have just re-recorded both albums song for song with Zakk on guitar and Inez on bass. IMO these are Ozzy's two best albums song-wise and that was the best lineup he ever had.
blackvelvet - 24.03.2011 at 21:14
Written by cam on 24.03.2011 at 20:12

Great, great albums, but is this really necessary?

Yes, because they had replaced Bob Daisley's bass parts and Lee Kerslake's drum parts and re-recorded them. This will be the proper release you should get. Plus, it will sound better because they remastered it
R.I.Pdeadlegends - 24.03.2011 at 21:43
" 12. RR (Previously Unreleased - Randy Rhoads guitar solo)"

Only thing that really interests me
R.I.Pdeadlegends - 24.03.2011 at 21:54
Written by Guest on 24.03.2011 at 21:13

Reading this made me sad...

Edit: sorry for the double post
Silent Jay - 24.03.2011 at 22:23
As long as it has the original Daisley Bass and Kerslake Drum parts and remastered well (Don't like the current 'versions' at all) then this may be of interest to me. If not then im afraid the Ozzman and $haron will not be getting my money on this occasion.
SlaytanicGonzo - 24.03.2011 at 23:50
Written by Guest on 24.03.2011 at 21:13

Recording over the great Randy guitar parts? And with Zakk "I abuse harmonics as fuck" Wylde? BLASPHEMY!
RavenKing - 25.03.2011 at 00:17
Written by Valentin B on 24.03.2011 at 19:50

All i see is CASHGRAB.

That's all there is to see. Ozzy is a washed out has-been, anyway.
Void Eater - 25.03.2011 at 04:19
Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath. He can't sing anything to save his life, he was only passable in early Sabbath because of the other members who were great, and on these two albums, Randy Rhoads was the only thing saving them from being utter shit. And this whole re-recording and re-release is just discraceful. First he gets them re-recorded, in order to avoid paying royalties, which people who don't own the albums will buy. Now he re-releases them, so the young fans will buy it again... Fuck you Ozzwald...
mikeprado30 - 25.03.2011 at 04:53
Written by RavenKing on 25.03.2011 at 00:17

Written by Valentin B on 24.03.2011 at 19:50

All i see is CASHGRAB.

That's all there is to see. Ozzy is a washed out has-been, anyway.

That's the truth, shame on Ozzy (and on Maiden also...)
Bitch Boy - 25.03.2011 at 07:36
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.03.2011 at 19:31

Will the DVD also feature his commercial with Bieber?

hahahaha it definitely should!!

I don't know if it's wrong if this boxset is a cashgrab. The man is celebrating 30 years of two of his masterpieces, and the RR material seems interesting.
Jack--- - 25.03.2011 at 09:01
Written by mikeprado30 on 25.03.2011 at 04:53

Written by RavenKing on 25.03.2011 at 00:17

Written by Valentin B on 24.03.2011 at 19:50

All i see is CASHGRAB.

That's all there is to see. Ozzy is a washed out has-been, anyway.

That's the truth, shame on Ozzy (and on Maiden also...)

What do you mean with Iron Maiden too?
M C Vice - 25.03.2011 at 09:24
Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

So you're saying Ozzy and Shagrath are WORSE singers than Alexi Laiho and Vivian Slaughter?
At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2011 at 12:46
Written by Jack--- on 25.03.2011 at 09:01

What do you mean with Iron Maiden too?

I believe he is referring to their new compilation. I believe they've now released more comps than actual albums.
Enemy of Reality - 25.03.2011 at 13:00
I can understand reissues from an underground band's perspective. The sound was bad and they wanted to remaster it, the album is not available anymore, new and improved artwork or an special date celebration.

But from Ozzy? Back then he had the best overall production available. So to me it's pointless, whatever extras this reissue contains.

Skip it.
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.03.2011 at 13:20
Okay I am not buying this ause I already own the two on original vinyl. But have any of you actually tried to get hold of these two albums new on either cd or vinyl? It's nigh to impossible so imo this rerelease is a good move.
Angelic Storm - 25.03.2011 at 13:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2011 at 13:20

I do agree with you completely that the re-release is needed, seeing as it is virtually impossible now to buy the original recordings of these albums that contain Bob Daisley, and Lee Kerslake's bass and drum parts.
Void Eater - 25.03.2011 at 19:28
Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?
Jack--- - 25.03.2011 at 22:22
Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 19:28

Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?

She is a japanese girl who made really weird music xD http://www.myspace.com/vivianslaughter
M C Vice - 26.03.2011 at 02:23
Written by Jack--- on 25.03.2011 at 22:22

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 19:28

Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?

A zombie with a bass.
Good music. Shocking vocals.
Black Conundrum - 26.03.2011 at 06:33
Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 19:28

Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?

She is also a member of of the Tokyo-based band Gallhammer.

As for my take on this reissuing stuff, I bought the reissue of Blizzard of Ozz featuring Robert Trujillo on bass and the other person on drums. Had I known beforehand that it had been rerecorded with musicians overwriting music done by other musicians, I probably would not have bought it. I do feel a bit cheated in a way, because I only found out after I had the album that these were the circumstances.
Void Eater - 26.03.2011 at 07:24
Written by Black Conundrum on 26.03.2011 at 06:33

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 19:28

Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?

She is also a member of of the Tokyo-based band Gallhammer.

It should have had a sticker on it, saying "Featuring re-recorded drum and bass parts by Robert Trujillo and *insert drummers name here*". If it wasn't on there, then more shame to you Ozzwald.
John Sandman - 01.04.2011 at 17:49
Written by Void Eater on 26.03.2011 at 07:24

Written by Black Conundrum on 26.03.2011 at 06:33

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 19:28

Written by M C Vice on 25.03.2011 at 09:24

Written by Void Eater on 25.03.2011 at 04:19

Meh, Ozzy is the second worst singer in metal history, only behind Shagrath.

At least you can tell what language Ozzy and Shagrath are screaming in.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is Vivian Slaughter?

She is also a member of of the Tokyo-based band Gallhammer.

Yeah, it should. When I bought it, I was not aware of the re-recorded drum and bass parts. And now they re-releasing it with original parts...

I hate $haron... I just hope the documentary is good... And with videos of Randy playing his guitar

And the drummer's name is Mike Bordin, if anyone cares.

News Ozzy Osbourne - Recieve First Birmingham Walk Of Fame Star 7.5 22.05.2007 by Lord TJ
News Crystal Viper - First Two Albums To Be Reissued 7 25.06.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Ozzy - Top Of The Silliness Charts 6 24.08.2006 by jadawal
News While Heaven Wept - To Re-release First Two Albums 5.5 07.12.2009 by Metal Maiden
News Moonspell - Re-Issue Two First Albums 5.5 29.02.2008 by