After 6 years and three albums, Finnish rock band HIM and Sire/Warner Music have decided to part ways.

Seymour Stein, founder of Sire Records says: "It was a pleasure working with HIM, and we're very proud to have been their partners for the last six years. Ville is a rare talent, and my relationship with their manager Seppo dates back to the days when he pioneered rock music in Finland looking after the career of Hanoi Rocks. HIM are particularly important because they are the first and only band from Finland to reach Gold status in America. I, along with the entire Sire/Warner Bros. family, wish them continued success in the future."

HIM's discography on Sire includes the 2005 album Dark Light, which reached gold in the US. Follow-up albums Venus Doom (2007) and Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010) charted both in the US and Europe.

"We're ever so grateful for having had Seymour and Co as the generous hosts on our extended first stay in the New Country. It's been a Blast Royale but now it's time to clean up the rubble and start anew", comments Ville Valo of HIM.

Source: heartagram.com
Band profile: HIM

Posted: 30.03.2011 by Array

Comments

Enemy of Reality - 30.03.2011 at 15:23
Their last 3 albums are total crap. Funny enough, the 3 were published by Sire/Warner.
Super_Greg - 30.03.2011 at 16:20
Written by Enemy of Reality on 30.03.2011 at 15:23

Agreed. As soon as they got popular in America, they almost instantly turned into Hot Topic fodder.
Windrider - 30.03.2011 at 16:40
Yeah great news, Warner is a really fucked label, they made everything wrong with HIM, I hate them for this...
INÆRIS - 30.03.2011 at 17:37
I particularly enjoyed Venus Doom, especially the song Sleepwalking Past Hope. Super great song. Anyway, I'm sure HIM will go on and do their thing like they always have. Hopefully they sign with a strong label.
AnGina-- - 05.04.2011 at 22:45
Written by INÆRIS on 30.03.2011 at 17:37

Couldn't agree more, I also liked Venus Doom very much, it's an underrated album by them IMHO.

Though, I can't deny I wish they would go back to their GLV666/RR style a bit more.
Murder - 12.04.2011 at 00:49
Written by AnGina-- on 05.04.2011 at 22:45

Written by INÆRIS on 30.03.2011 at 17:37

Totally agree with you two

By the other side, I see very difficult hear again stuff like GLS V 666
stef_v777 - 28.05.2011 at 19:57
Personally I liked all 3 albums released by Warner but they can't be compared with the ones released before 2004 (Sony BMG). They were more commercial if you like it... So as a big fan of the band and their sound I can say that I am excited with the separation from Warner! But only time will show if they are about to return to their original lovely sound (GLS V.666 and Love Metal).
Good luck guys!!!

News Royal Hunt - Part Ways With Singer John West 5.5 19.03.2007 by GT
News Hatesphere - Part Ways With Vocalist & Cancel European Tour 5.5 18.09.2007 by Collin
News God Dethroned - Part Ways With Drummer 5.5 30.01.2008 by White Winter Sun
News Detonation - Part Ways With Drummer Thomas Kalksma 5.5 02.05.2008 by Collin
News Nightwish - Part Ways With Singer Anette Olzon 5.5 01.10.2012 by IronAngel