Illud Divinum Insanus, the eagerly awaited forthcoming album of US death metal band Morbid Angel, will be released on June 6th in Europe and June 7th in North America through Season Of Mist.

The album will be released as a Wooden Foldout Box, Metal starpak CD (outside North America), Deluxe digipak CD (North America only), Double gatefold LP with download card, Jewel case CD, and digital download. For more format details click here.

A single for the song "Nevermore" will be out on May 16th as 7" vinyl and digital download. The B-side will be another song from the album, called "Destructos VS the Earth", remixed by Combichrist.

Illud Divinum Insanus tracklist:

11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel

Posted: 05.04.2011 by Thryce

Comments

psykometal - 05.04.2011 at 23:14
Cant wait to hear this!!!
Deadmeat - 05.04.2011 at 23:29
They remind me their latest albums titles. i'd like them to be more "old school" but i dont mind...
BitterCOld - 05.04.2011 at 23:30
Several of the song titles are dubious, but am still looking forward to checking it out.
arj - 05.04.2011 at 23:36
Interesting. Seems like they are milking it, but if the music is good then who cares
Mr. Doctor - 06.04.2011 at 00:20
Not like I care about names... But I just wanted to say that mostof them sound generic as hell.

That is all.
iMorphball - 06.04.2011 at 00:43
Really can't wait to hear this album! Hope it doesn't disappoint!
Lit. - 06.04.2011 at 01:27
10 more dead?
How suitable for this year.
@gent_-_orange - 06.04.2011 at 01:38
Some wierd song names ... Especially track 7.
LeChron James - 06.04.2011 at 01:40
Morbid Angel answers 2 key questions with these song titles

Is the music gonna be extreme?
TOO EXTREME!

and answers Celtic Frost's question from way back on the Morbid Tales record
Are You Morbid?
I Am Morbid
Troy Killjoy - 06.04.2011 at 02:11
Pretty laughable tracklist. Hopefully the music puts these song titles to shame.
LoudBoy26 - 06.04.2011 at 02:43
SOUNDS KILLER
Richard - 06.04.2011 at 04:23
Written by LeChron James on 06.04.2011 at 01:40

Morbid Angel answers 2 key questions with these song titles

Is the music gonna be extreme?
TOO EXTREME!

and answers Celtic Frost's question from way back on the Morbid Tales record
Are You Morbid?
I Am Morbid

Haha, I instantly thought of the Celtic Frost connection when I saw that! And 'Too Extreme!', particularly with the exclamation mark at the end, seems a rather daft songtitle - it's almost like some sort of April Fools trick. Nonetheless, Morbid Angel are one of the best in their field, and this album has been eagerly anticipated, so hopefully it'll blow our socks off.
SlaytanicGonzo - 06.04.2011 at 05:09
"I Am Morbid"

that one sounds cool
Angelic Storm - 06.04.2011 at 06:27
Hmm... interesting song titles there! Not that at the end of the day, that matters much really... Looking forward to this one a lot, though I'm certainly not expecting a return to the majestic form of their early albums, or anything. It should, and hopefully will be better than "Heretic" though, which I found to be a bit disappointing...
X5452 - 06.04.2011 at 09:24
Remixed by Comichrist? This can be either really good or suck completely
BitterCOld - 06.04.2011 at 20:50
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.04.2011 at 06:27

agree with you there. with Vincent back, perhaps the songs will be a tad more focused.
Angelic Storm - 06.04.2011 at 22:32
Written by BitterCOld on 06.04.2011 at 20:50

That's what I'm hoping for too. The one fear I do have about David being back, is that some of the influences from his time in The Genitorturers might be allowed to creep into the band's sound. I hope he doesn't try and get the band to experiment too much.
Baz Anderson - 06.04.2011 at 23:56
Hahaha, got a good little chuckle out of these song titles. This is one of my most anticipated albums...
Richard - 07.04.2011 at 05:15
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.04.2011 at 22:32

Written by BitterCOld on 06.04.2011 at 20:50

Good point! But hopefully David Vincent's time in The Genitorturers won't have any impact on his return to Morbid Angel. Not just musically, but also visually, considering the dodgy stuff he wore with The Genitorturers! (Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but it wouldn't seem appropriate for Morbid Angel to pose for a photo shoot wearing skirts or something..!)
Angelic Storm - 07.04.2011 at 06:39
Written by Richard on 07.04.2011 at 05:15

Well, yep, what David chooses to wear is up to him, and it's not really a concern of mine. My only concern is that he may try and steer Morbid Angel into a more experimental direction sound wise. But he knows the legacy of the band, so I'm sure he wont want to mess around with things too much, as far as their sound goes. And he has the Genitorturers there to exhibit his more experimental side. lol I have a feeling this will be a much better album than "Heretic", but how it stands up with their classic albums is another matter altogether. Looking forward to hearing it to find out anyways.
MiKill - 07.04.2011 at 13:39
'I Am Morbid' - death grunt or GTFO
Richard - 09.04.2011 at 05:54
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.04.2011 at 06:39

Absolutely. To be fair, I thought Heretic was a good album - at least, it has some strong songs, i.e. most of the 'proper songs'. I just could've done without the filler bullshine.. some meaningless instrumentals, and many tracks of silence, which was all completely unnecessary.
Void Eater - 09.04.2011 at 05:56
We so excited.

News Angel Witch - New Album Tracklist And Artwork Revealed 7 15.02.2012 by Amatsu Mikaboshi
News Cryptopsy - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 6 08.06.2012 by psykometal
News Glorior Belli - New Album Tracklist Revealed 5.5 21.07.2011 by LeChron James
News Rob Zombie - New Album Tracklist Revealed 5.5 16.09.2009 by Doc Godin
News Machine Head - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 5.5 28.07.2011 by Apothecary