The following news has been taken from The Gathering's official newsletter.

"You can download a brand new The Gathering track called "Heroes For Ghosts" right now at our Bandcamp page. For free! Go click here. You can choose various formats, such as mp3 320k or VBR, FLAC, ACC, ALAC and Ogg Vobis.

"Heroes For Ghost" is a song which will appear on our new album, title and release date t.b.a.

We will play this song live in the Netherlands (May/June) and during our South American Ghost Ride Tour. We thought it would be nice if you people already know the song a bit so you can sing with us. We hope you will like it as much as we do. We think we made something really special. On top of this, our friend Marcus Moonen is also busy with a videoclip (or short movie). We let you know when it's finished. In the mean time, enjoy! (and yes, it's totally for free! )"

Source: gathering.nl
Band profile: The Gathering

Posted: 16.05.2011 by Hobbit Viggo

Comments

Ivor - 16.05.2011 at 23:12
I'm actually liking this more than the last album. Which I think is a good sign. Not that I didn't like the previous one but it wasn't as good as it might have been.

I.
Dark Blood - 16.05.2011 at 23:21
Pretty good song. I haven't heard the last album, basically cause I was sceptical of the new singer. But this song is really good, and her voice is nice too.
Stalker - 16.05.2011 at 23:56
I am surprised for saying this, but - it is actually pretty good. Nice news indeed.
annodomini - 17.05.2011 at 00:00
Well I enjoyed both West pole and Home, so I find this song amazing too.
Ozman - 17.05.2011 at 00:16
And onve again they release another total snorefest
IronAngel - 17.05.2011 at 00:59
The West Pole lacked coherence and consistency. There were a few good songs, but this song is better than that album on average. I don't have too high hopes, because this seems pretty stripped-down and straightforward - nothing like the masterpiece Souvenirs, for example. Where's all those electronic effects and beat? And it's very light, nothing like the murky depths of the last two Anneke albums. The end is excellent though, around the six minutes mark or something.

I didn't expect anything groundbreaking from the band anymore, but I bet we'll get another decent record. And whatever they'll do after Souvenirs (easily in my top 15 albums of all time) will pale in comparison, anyway.
tirim4 - 18.05.2011 at 11:01
I liked The West Pole but this has got a more classical The Gathering touch which I allso like. Really puts some expectations on the new album.
mariano - 18.05.2011 at 20:14
Haven't these guys abandoned metal long ago...?
Maybe this question has already been asked too many times... but, is it maybe that we are all hoping they become a metal band again...?

Otherwise, I don't see why they are still featured in this website
tirim4 - 18.05.2011 at 20:58
Written by mariano on 18.05.2011 at 20:14

Haven't these guys abandoned metal long ago...?

Otherwise, I don't see why they are still featured in this website

One of my favourite things about Metalstorm is that it isn't very strict about being metal-only. The Gathering once made great metal and now make great other music. They are still related to metal and I think a lot of their fans are metal heads.
Angel_Lament - 18.05.2011 at 23:07
Very nice and good song, and its level is higherr than their last album....
Behdad K - 20.05.2011 at 18:38
A really good song.
Looking forward to the album.
Kenos - 20.05.2011 at 18:53
Written by mariano on 18.05.2011 at 20:14

Haven't these guys abandoned metal long ago...?

Otherwise, I don't see why they are still featured in this website

People who followed The Gathering in the past decade really don't care about some "return to roots", or at least they shouldn't, since the band stopped making metal in 1998 ("How To Measure A Planet?"); it's been a long time since then and their fanbase changed a bit. Hence, complaining about their new (!) stuff because it is "not metal" is simply pointless.

Disliking them for what they've become is fine, because it's just a matter of tastes.
Listening to them nowadays hoping they will release another metal album is ridiculous.
Ernis - 21.05.2011 at 23:02
I love this song. It's very good, both relaxing and then edgy and heavy at places... For me it sounds as if taken from "How To Measure A Planet?"...
mariano - 23.05.2011 at 16:00
Written by Guest on 20.05.2011 at 18:53

Written by mariano on 18.05.2011 at 20:14

Haven't these guys abandoned metal long ago...?

Otherwise, I don't see why they are still featured in this website

Oh.. I'm not complaining about their new material -I haven't even listened to that new song. I only know the band by its reputation (the one they forged before they became what they are today) My point is, if I wanted to read news about Portishead, for instance, I wouldn't go to MetalStorm for it... unless I new they were releasing a metal album.

News Supreme Pain - New Song Available For Free Download 10 24.05.2011 by Skyum
News Endstille - New Song Available For Free Download 10 28.04.2011 by
News Cavalera Conspiracy - New Song Available For Free Download 10 09.02.2011 by neshter
News Cormorant - New Song Online, First Releases Now Available For Free Download 10 24.09.2011 by Tornado Of Souls
News Queensrÿche - New Song Available For Free Download 10 03.06.2011 by The Shape 1973