Lo and truly behold! A hellish new band has emerged from the quagmire that is the extreme music scene.

Imagine a cauldron bubbling over with the unsavory flavors of Tool and Celtic Frost, and seasoned with the likes of Immortal and At The Gates, and you'd be about halfway to describing the uncouth racket these guys have spat upon an unsuspecting planet.

Calling themselves the Temple Of The Black Moon, the group (who describe their output as "music for an evil film noir') are an eclectic stew of musicians/hell-raisers/miscreants in the ungainly form of Dani Filth (Cradle Of Filth), Rob Caggiano (Anthrax, The Damned Things), King ov Hell (formerly of Gorgoroth and Ov Hell) and John Tempesta (formerly of White Zombie and now drumming with The Cult).

Explaining the origins of the name, vo-killist Dani Filth had this to mutter on the subject: "We had an innumerable amount of names that never seemed likely to stick, that was until we put our proverbial heads together and narrowed it down to just three or four, and then tossed for it (proverbially of course) using a silver Norwegian crown (we couldn't find any proper money). The name Temple Of The Black Moon represents the rigorous worship of desire, (the black moon astrologically has always held association with the dark Goddess Lilith) and of course the ramifications of the lunar eclipse, always a herald for death and ill-omen."

So far almost an album's worth of material has been demoed, with Temple Of The Black Moon hooking up in the darkest depths of Bergen, Norway to collectively thrash it out. Songtitles thus far include "Infernal Desire Machine", "Don't Call Up What You Can't Put Down", "Dark Eyes For Trouble", "Beautifully Perverse" and "C.N.T (All That's Missing Is You)".

An album release and subsequent live dates are expected to happen around mid-2012.

Source: vdob.blogspot.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 24.05.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Windrider - 24.05.2011 at 22:52
Wow shit sounds great so far!!
Nice to hear Dani in another band and King ov Hell is also great.
I wanna know how this will sound like, I hope some extreme stuff...
Jiri - 24.05.2011 at 23:26
I will listen. Skeptical. But I will listen.
Vombatus - 24.05.2011 at 23:48
I was interested (almost excited...almost) when it mentioned CoF/Gorgoroth members, but then I saw it was Daniboy and that useless bassist, so I went meh....

I'll give it a try, though the newer stuff of their main-bands is uninteresting.
Baz Anderson - 24.05.2011 at 23:50
This could be interesting!!
Mrshll - 25.05.2011 at 00:28
Not sure if want. Could well be amazing though
Doc Godin - 25.05.2011 at 00:37
This definitely sounds like it could turn out really well, or really poorly. I'm intrigued to say they least - that's an interesting mix right there.
Unhealer - 25.05.2011 at 00:42
Wow, this will be worth checking at least

Still, I don't understand how come the word "Tool" showed up on this article
BitterCOld - 25.05.2011 at 00:44
A weird assemblage of people... not sure how it will turn out, but it's safe to bet i'll not be a fan of the "vo-kills"...
ndawkn - 25.05.2011 at 00:53
Holy shit what is this, this is gonna be awesome. Or not. But I hope it will.
IchZerstörteSie - 25.05.2011 at 01:09
Written by Jiri on 24.05.2011 at 23:26

I will listen. Skeptical. But I will listen.

Ditto
Kingface - 25.05.2011 at 01:11
Interesting!
Lit. - 25.05.2011 at 01:16
Looks promising.
Aetherius - 25.05.2011 at 01:58
I read the title of this article and was like wtf is this?? After reading, now Im at least curious about this project, lol.... well see what they cook up
Carl Berg - 25.05.2011 at 02:42
Holy f*ing shit. If this isn't epic, nothing is
LeChron James - 25.05.2011 at 05:37
Written by BitterCOld on 25.05.2011 at 00:44

Yeah I'm thinking of deducting points on Thryce's behalf for calling Dani a "vo-killist". Cuz that's the last thing he is.
One who engages in serial vocal honkery, yes
One who manages to make me find something else to listen to every time he honks his way through a high note, sure
Vo-killist, nope.
silenius - 25.05.2011 at 06:25
I dont know what to think of this, my brain hurts
LoudBoy26 - 25.05.2011 at 06:42
COULD BE KILLER- LOVE THE SINGER-HIS VOICE IS PURE EVIL- HOPE IT WORKS
The Benighted - 25.05.2011 at 06:44
Liked the sounds of it until I saw that the leprechaun from Cradle of Filth was doing vocals. The other members are all extremely talented but I can't see him bringing anything good to the overall sound.
Arcticus - 25.05.2011 at 08:07
Written by LeChron James on 25.05.2011 at 05:37

Written by BitterCOld on 25.05.2011 at 00:44

One who engages in serial vocal honkery, yes
Vo-killist, nope.

It would appear this was cut-and-pasted directly from the source, thus relieving Thryce of responsibility for the stupid vernacular involved - all other points agreed. This press release (that what it seems like to me) sounds like a lame attempt to appeal to Twilight fans - "the darkest depths of Bergen, Norway"? Seriously? And those song titles...well, let's just say it's about what I'd expect from Dani Filth. "C.N.T (All That's Missing is You)" oh hahaha I get it, that's ruuuude anyway the music will speak for itself, but so far sounds shite.
DorianGray - 25.05.2011 at 09:07
Sigh .. it sounded all high and mighty till they said Dani would do the vocals ..
Though I do like the earlier work from Cradle up to Cruelty and the beast.
Cannot say I am really excited yet but we will see !
LeChron James - 25.05.2011 at 09:27
Written by Arcticus on 25.05.2011 at 08:07

Well if it is from the release itself, then yes, Thryce is absolved of his would-be sins, but I never know with him. And I wouldn't go so far as to say that Dani's trying to appeal to Twilight fans. I mean, he's already got the Hot Topic demographic on lock and if he truly was, there'd be more vampire shit in C.O.F.'s most recent release. But whatever, I'm not interested enough to really care about a band fronted by Dani Filth.
immortal83 - 25.05.2011 at 10:22
Hey, let's give them a chance! I know the drummer for his work with Exodus and Testament and I like it. Dani can be a good vocalist (if he sounds like early COF albums) and the other guys seems to be good musicians. But I am very sceptic about this kind of projects, let's see how they play togheter and what kind of music they do, but for the influences of Celtic Frost, Tool, Immortal and At the gates it seems that this would be some kind of avantgarde black death style or what the hell could name this .
Andre - 25.05.2011 at 11:03
WTHPLS kind of a line-up.

I have no idea what they will release. All I'm concerned about is the whatever genre it is, they should put all effort and creativity into it.
JD - 25.05.2011 at 12:44
Dani Filth is here!? am so not interested.
Elodie Artour - 25.05.2011 at 14:46
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.05.2011 at 23:50

This could be interesting!!

Agrees. However, I srly can't get why you guys have so much against Dani. Sure, his vocals are not as good as they used to be but I definitely don't think he's that bad, either.
Baz Anderson - 26.05.2011 at 02:24
I have nothing against Dani at all... I like the guy.
BlackenedMyths - 26.05.2011 at 06:05
There's a lot of potential for this band. I actually think Dani's vocals are pretty good, especially in his earlier albums.
Array - 26.05.2011 at 21:49
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.05.2011 at 02:24

I have nothing against Dani at all... I like the guy.

I guess she agreed what you wrote and the rest of the comment was directed in general to many other posters above.
Slayer666 - 26.05.2011 at 23:13
So, may I assume that this means Dani will pay even less attention to Cradle than he is now? Just brilliant...
Dark Blood - 27.05.2011 at 05:48
Could be very interesting indeed. The definition of how the band will sound like sounds good.
Warman - 27.05.2011 at 11:34
Can turn out absolutely awesome, or the exact opposite.
Tsukaikatte - 27.05.2011 at 22:15
Hopefully its better then cradle of filth..
Neuroku - 27.05.2011 at 22:15
Written by LoudBoy26 on 25.05.2011 at 06:42

COULD BE KILLER- LOVE THE SINGER-HIS VOICE IS PURE EVIL- HOPE IT WORKS

Anyone who thinks Dani Filth's vocals are pure evil have clearly not heard Abbath from Immortal sing Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms.

News Temple Of The Black Moon - New Demo Song Streaming Online 13.5 08.05.2013 by psykometal
News Old Silver Key - New Band Feat. Drudkh, Alcest Members 7 02.04.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News The Stranded - New Band With Disarmonia Mundi Members Reveals Debut Album Details 7 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Dan Nelson - New Material Online Feat. Life Of Agony, Arsis Members 7 03.08.2010 by Huntteri
News Sons Of Aeon - New Band Ft. Ex-Swallow The Sun, Ghost Brigade Members 7 10.01.2011 by