The next Pensees Nocturnes album, called Ceci est de la Musique, will be released on the 11th of June. It consists of a unique 55-minute song (aptly titled "Ceci est de la Musique") going with a 48-page booklet developing the artistic approach of the opus.

Says Vaerohn of the independent release: "In order not to contribute to the degrading consumerist system that prevails in the current scene, this release will be an auto-production sold at cost price and therefore won't benefit by any promotion and distribution. The edition will also be quite limited."

It is to be said that this decision doesn't result from a disagreement with the former label Ladlo Productions and that the collaboration may continue for future releases. Grotesque is also still available through the label's website.

In addition to Vaerohn's work as composer/recorder/mixer/master/conqueror of worlds, the album will also feature other talent. Elisa Rodesky loans her soprano voice, while Laurence Olivier and Marc Dubrouin deliver their best alto and tenor approach. Vestale is responsible for the big change in cover art.

Consider yourself warned.

Source: ihavemysources.net

Posted: 26.05.2011 by Troy Gallant

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 26.05.2011 at 15:40
Never a fan of Pensées Nocturnes but this all sounds very ambitious and interesting.
Troy Killjoy - 26.05.2011 at 16:08
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.05.2011 at 15:40

To be honest I'm not a big fan myself, although I think the two releases under the PN name are both good (just not anything special), but this could turn out to be something great. I haven't heard too many one-song albums I didn't enjoy, from Monolithe to Edge of Sanity to Green Carnation, so we'll see what happens with this.

Also, it's being released on my birthday.
!J.O.O.E.! - 26.05.2011 at 16:19
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.05.2011 at 16:08

Also, it's being released on my birthday.

Exactly, there's something special about single song albums. Half the time it's simply a cosmetic thing but nonetheless it's still a nice concept.
Unhealer - 26.05.2011 at 18:17
Someone showed me a song of this band last month and it was pretty interesting

Nice reminder to start investigating a lil' more
Marcus - 27.05.2011 at 01:14
Man you two are crazy. Really dig PN, at least among those classically inspired bm bands. This one sounds pretty damn interesting.
Troy Killjoy - 27.05.2011 at 02:46
Written by Marcus on 27.05.2011 at 01:14

In that context (comparing PN to classically inspired black metal), both albums are better than "nothing special".
Marcus - 27.05.2011 at 06:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.05.2011 at 02:46

Written by Marcus on 27.05.2011 at 01:14

Ahh now you see the light! Although, to be fair, that's not pulling from a very wide band pool.
Troy Killjoy - 28.05.2011 at 03:03
PS - my sources: http://pnrecords.free.fr/index

News Black Boned Angel - New Track Online, Announce Final Album Release 6 10.02.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Goatwhore - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 5.5 27.12.2011 by BoxCar Willy
News Bilocate - Unveil New Album Artwork And Release Date 5.5 01.05.2012 by Reaper_Redeamer
News Xanthochroid - To Release New Album This Year 5.5 06.03.2014 by Dentura