In a video message posted today, Joey DeMaio has announced that after 16 years, Manowar will return to the UK later in the year for a full tour up and down the country. The whole of the Battle Hymns album will once again be played at each date on this tour.

November 1st - O2 Academy - Glasgow, Scotland
November 4th - O2 Academy - Leeds, England
November 5th - O2 Academy Brixton - London, England
November 6th - The Great Hall - Cardiff, Wales
November 9th - The Academy - Dublin, Ireland
November 10th - Mandella Hall - Belfast, Northern Ireland

To watch the video, visit this location.

Source: metalhammer.co.uk

I love how he spits the words to make the announcement sound more epic
Bad English - 20.07.2011 at 18:23
He said NI, Eng, Wal, Sco and IRELAND so 5 not 4
Valentin B - 20.07.2011 at 18:31
Written by corrupt on 20.07.2011 at 18:11

I love how he spits the words to make the announcement sound more epic

one guy around here actually pointed out that he sounds like Nicolae Ceausescu. search a speech from him on youtube and you'll see why
Kingface - 20.07.2011 at 18:53
Saw this earlier on a friend's Facebook page, well-chuffed! I will almost definitely be going to at least one of the shows. If they play Sheffield, I think I'll have to cry with happiness haha. I couldn't help but laugh when he said "North Ireland"!

I implore anybody who can to go see them! I saw them in Birmingham earlier this year and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to! It sounds like from what he said that they'll probably play the same or similar setlist to what they played in Birmingham too, which is certainly a good thing, because it could hardly be any better!
Baz Anderson - 20.07.2011 at 18:59
I'm not really much of a fan of the Battle Hymns album though, I'd just prefer they play a normal set of all their stuff...

(and yes, Ireland is not part of the UK)
Azazel - 20.07.2011 at 20:42
Americans aren't very good at geography! (I was told that by an American). Looking forward to this.
csiga - 21.07.2011 at 00:14
I hope the ira will educate some geography to this fucking idiots
Jack--- - 21.07.2011 at 06:38
Written by Baz Anderson on 20.07.2011 at 18:59

(and yes, Ireland is not part of the UK)

Dont worry, they are going to play many more songs of their other albums, see setlist.fm and search for manowar, i think they are going too play almost the same sellist as the Battle Hymns 2011 Tour, with some differenties
Kingface - 21.07.2011 at 19:28
He said "North Ireland" again!

I knew them playing Sheffield would be too much to ask! I'm all over the Leeds date though!
The Shape 1973 - 21.07.2011 at 20:58
Written by csiga on 21.07.2011 at 00:14

I hope the ira will educate some geography to this fucking idiots

Not funny.

I've lived through having to do evacations and bomb searches when the IRA were active. It is not something to joke about.
Kingface - 22.07.2011 at 14:19
For those interested, Pre-Sale has started and is available via this link:

It's asking a bit much though. You have to buy at least a "Warrior Pack" in order to get a ticket, which includes a Limited Edition version of Battle Hymns 2011 with extra tracks and some other stuff. £51.99!

I presume (perhaps naively?) that when they go on general sale, they'll be £35-40 and you won't have to buy a pack. This is Manowar we're talking about, however...
Baz Anderson - 22.07.2011 at 14:26
The prices are absolutely insulting... who do they think they are?
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.07.2011 at 23:27
They have been charging at least 65 euros all over the place for their last couple of gigs on mainland Europe the past couple of years. So, it really isn't surprising. especially since we know they'd do anything to rip off their fans.
Void Eater - 24.07.2011 at 05:52
I have to laugh at Joey DeMaio trying to make a tour announcment sound epic. "Metal Hammer Dot COM!" Also, Metal Hammer is a false metal magazine. What's the deal guys?
Valentin B - 24.07.2011 at 08:26
Holy shit 52 pounds? I saw them live twice already, I can vouch they are not worth that price live. In their last concert DeMaio squeezed a 6-minute speech in a one hour performance and then complained that "the fuckers at Sonisphere wouldn't let us sell our Dio tribute, so we're giving it away, buy it at Magic Circle music!"
scennkah - 24.07.2011 at 14:43
What about an Australian tour???
RavenKing - 25.07.2011 at 03:31
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.07.2011 at 14:26

The prices are absolutely insulting... who do they think they are?

The kings of cheesemetal.
And Marcel told it: they do everything they can to milk their fans.
Kingface - 25.07.2011 at 14:48
Written by Valentin B on 24.07.2011 at 08:26

The people who saw them in Birmingham, England, UK earlier on this year, including myself, were quite lucky because we didn't have to put up with such a speech!

And 'Void Eater', haha, I agree. It's funny, because it is widely believed that one of the main reasons Manowar didn't play in the UK for so long before this year is because they got a lot of negative reviews and comments from Metal Hammer the last time they played here. Yet over a sudden, in the past year or two, Metal Hammer have suddenly decided that the Sun shines out of Manowar's arse!
Kingface - 28.07.2011 at 21:14
Hearing from various sources that general tickets by themselves won't be on sale until September/October time. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous, even by Manowar's standards.
Kingface - 04.08.2011 at 18:51
Http://www.manowar.com/news_body.php?idnews=531

Finally, stand-alone tickets go on sale from tomorrow! Be interesting to find out what the price will be.
Jack--- - 26.09.2011 at 11:35
The tickets are now on general sale, so the price is only 37 pound, thats nothing for a concert

News Manowar - To Tour The World In 2010 7.5 17.10.2009 by Baz Anderson
News The Gates Of Slumber - Winter USA Tour With Pentagram 4 14.11.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Amorphis - 'Tales From The Thousand Lakes' Tour Announced 4 11.09.2014 by Svetopolk
Albums Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned + Live From Wacken 2010 (Limited Tour Edition) 3 07.05.2011 by lingus99
Events SWE, Malmö - Nasum: The Final European Tour 2012 3 19.09.2012 by Mr. Doctor