Polish Behemoth frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski has just been acquitted of insulting religious beliefs by tearing bible during the gig at Ucho in Gdynia Poland, 2007. As the justification of the verdict, the Court has stated that they will not define boundaries and limitations for artistic activities.

Prosecutors charged him with offending religious feelings but the district court in Gdynia argued Thursday that audience members who testified in the case said they were not offended.

During testimony, Nergal confirmed that the incident took place with the Bible. He remarked, however, that the concert at which it occurred, was a closed event/ticket. He added that the band depends on the fact that their concerts do not infringe on "outsiders who do not understand the message and may mistakenly understand it."

Nergal comments: "Im so glad to see that intelligence won over religious fanatics in my home country. Tho there's still so much work to be done to make things right... But I'm sure that I'm on the right path to ultimate freedom! The battle is won, but the war ain't over. Heil Satan!"

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth

Posted: 18.08.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Troy Killjoy - 19.08.2011 at 06:55
This story and this thread are both fuckin' hilarious.
Andreas - 19.08.2011 at 09:40
Written by J. N. on 18.08.2011 at 22:48

We all have our theory about what is freedom and what isn't.

It's not a theory, it's my daily life :-)
Slayer666 - 19.08.2011 at 14:01
Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 02:45

I'm sorry, but you offended me, and I'll report you to the mods.

Beast Boy, this is a metal website. If you're not ready to read through a lot of religion-bashing, specially a religion as dangerous as Islam is nowadays, you better GTFO.

Allah wrote that silly book you're talking about? Really?
A being so advanced and all-powerful as Allah is claimed to be cares about what a meaningless insect like you, me or anyone else puts into its digestive tract or who he puts his genitals into? In the words of my generation, get real.
Mr. Doctor - 19.08.2011 at 14:44
Written by Andreas on 19.08.2011 at 09:40

Written by J. N. on 18.08.2011 at 22:48

We all have our theory about what is freedom and what isn't.

It's not a theory, it's my daily life :-)

Exactly... YOUR daily life, YOUR point of view. Always remember that
Mindheist - 19.08.2011 at 15:02
Written by Slayer666 on 19.08.2011 at 14:01

Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 02:45

I'm sorry, but you offended me, and I'll report you to the mods.

Allah wrote that silly book you're talking about? Really?

As much as I (obviously) admire your "open-mindedness" and your superb perception, I think BeastOfMetal did nothing wrong, unlike Warrior Of Ice (or something) who went off-topic by bringing up (and insulting) a religion that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. There was no need for you to tell him to "GTFO". He just thought that, since he's very polite, he should report him to mods since that guy insulted him. What's wrong with that? People should really stop being overly obsessive with religions and worry more about real issues like world hunger or poverty, and not the hatred that is constantly and baselessly preached throughout the internet toward Christianity, Islam (mainly) and religions as a whole.

Now if you want to insult Islam (or any religion for that matter) fine, just go to the Islam thread and knock yourself out but I find it really weird, uncalled-for and somehow fanatical that someone had brought it up in a bible-tearing discussion.

I apologize for getting off-topic everyone, but I just felt the urge to point this out.And as Troy said, this is really hilarious .

EDIT: One more thing, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone over something, even insulting their religions or ideologies is okay (it would be unethical though) but it would be wrong and foolish to insult that very person just because they don't agree with you (and that's exactly what Warrior Of Ice did) and that's why I think that your scathing comment should have been directed at him not at BeastOfMetal.
Andreas - 19.08.2011 at 17:01
Written by Mr. Doctor on 19.08.2011 at 14:44

Exactly... YOUR daily life, YOUR point of view. Always remember that

Yeah, I'm not the preaching type, more like someone to defend christians in general.
Mr. Doctor - 19.08.2011 at 17:04
Written by Andreas on 19.08.2011 at 17:01

more like someone to defend christians in general.

Don't have any problems with that as long as you don't use insults to make a point. But you don't seem like that kind of person, good.
Azazel - 19.08.2011 at 17:49
Quote:
Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 17:06

He deserves it. I despise Nergal and Behemoth. Stupid overrated band.

I won't question your dislike for the band as that is just musical preference. But why do you hate Nergal?

He hates them because they're satanic. Seriously

Well he should check his facts first. Behemoth are not satanic. They have an anti religious stance but are not satanic. Check band backgrounds before you slate them. Being 15 is no excuse for ignorance. When i was 15 metal is what got me interested in other religions and histories. GET READING! Personally i think people can have all the imaginary friends they like.
Slayer666 - 19.08.2011 at 17:58
Written by Mindheist on 19.08.2011 at 15:02

And as much as I admire your pseudo-pacifism and covert sarcasm, you're wrong on multiple accounts here. First of, the Ice dude did not, in any way, insult Beast Boy directly. He said "Fuck Islam and fuck their pedophile prophet" or something along those lines. Sure, the harsh language might have been uncalled for, but this is the Internet and a website where you're allowed free speech. If I said "Fuck evolutionism and fuck that faggot Charles Darwin", would that count as personal insult against those who believe in evolutionism? I don't think so. So, why is religion such a touchy and personal subject? If you as a person define yourself purely as an Islamist and nothing else, well, that's entirely your problem and do try to keep your self-issues outside of this board.

Quote:

And this is where you contradict yourself. Beasty was the overly obsessive one here, saying things like: "I hate Nergal because of his Satanic stance" and making such a fuss over someone bashing his religion. Again, if you can't deal with that on the Internet, GTFO.

Quote:

I've got absolutely no such intentions. I just found it completely retarded that someone should be reported to the mods for stating his opinion regarding a religion, even with the use of harsh language.

Quote:

And as Troy said, this is really hilarious .

I, on the other hand, think both the story and the thread are quite sad rather than hilarious. They show how much hold religion still has over some folks, even though it's 2011 and religion is just a relic of the past.

You're right about this being totally off-topic though, so I'll stop here. Over and out.
J. N. - 19.08.2011 at 18:11
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.08.2011 at 06:55

This story and this thread are both fuckin' hilarious.

I was thinking "Most likely, a big-ass relgion bashing-discussion will occur. But, whatevs... It's an update on the trial." when I added this, so I expected nothing else! I'm glad the trial is over though.
Troy Killjoy - 19.08.2011 at 18:18
Written by J. N. on 19.08.2011 at 18:11
I'm glad the trial is over though.

Same. Although I'm probably more glad that we're all so happy talking about this stuff in a calm, mature manner.
J. N. - 19.08.2011 at 18:36
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.08.2011 at 18:18

Written by J. N. on 19.08.2011 at 18:11
I'm glad the trial is over though.

Ditto.
The Shape 1973 - 19.08.2011 at 19:39
We will all find out who is right when you die.
dude - 19.08.2011 at 23:14
It's the year 2011 and we are still sending people to court for "offending" an imaginary fairy-tale, or people's feelings about it. Imagine if someone teared a copy of Lord of The Rings, and got sent to court for that, because some people were "offended" by it...
Winterthrone - 19.08.2011 at 23:40
Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 02:45

Written by Mr. Doctor on 18.08.2011 at 17:27

Written by J. N. on 18.08.2011 at 17:20

He hates them because they're satanic. Seriously.

Hmmmmm do you remember when you were 15 and started to hate random people just to look tough?
Yeah, me too.

Nah, I hate his satanic stance.
Written by Warrior_Of_Ice on 18.08.2011 at 17:45

I'd be more pleased if Behemoth tore up some pages from the Qur'an. That vile book is far more poisonous than the Bible at this particular moment in human history. Fuck Islam and fuck the pedophile false prophet.

I'm sorry, but you offended me, and I'll report you to the mods.
Written by Dööm on 18.08.2011 at 22:04

I'm glad he got cleared of those charges.
Now, let's just get one thing straight: The Qur'an hasn't done anything and neither has the Bible. None of them are "poisonous". Everything bad associated with religion has of course been done by people. A book does not and will never do anything. Make certain you keep the people responsible. One might use the Bible as an excuse to kill, while another may use it as a reason for helping someone. In both cases, the book cannot be held accountable of what transpires. End of story.

The quran isn't written by people. I believe in Allah.

Man you truly are brainwashed if you think a supernatural entity wrote a book, but you are only 15 so I will leave you time to grow up and learn to think by yourself. Still, I'm not too optimistic as you come from Syria, which is not really known for it's freedom of thought... Well let me tell you this: If you ask respect of your beliefs to others you also have to respect the beliefs of others. You believe in Allah, Nergal believes in Satan. You believe in a supernatural entity, he believes in another supernatural entity.

I also find it ironic that you named yourself Beastofmetal a reference to the beast, which is defined as Satan both in the Bible, the Torah and the Qu'ran.
BitterCOld - 19.08.2011 at 23:59
Written by dude on 19.08.2011 at 23:14

it's the year 2011 and outside of countries like Poland and hte middle east, the only group of people you CAN offend without horrible backlash are the religious types... well, Christians.

everyone else is off limits.
Lit. - 20.08.2011 at 03:01
Argument over.
BitterCOld has spoken!
corrupt - 20.08.2011 at 11:08
Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40
...as you come from Syria, which is not really known for it's freedom of thought...

Absolutely no intention to get into the personal whining here but have you followed recent events in Syria? Let's say the last three months? UN estimates state that around 2000 people have died for peaceful demonstration against an oppressive government. These people are willing to die for their beliefs. And it's not about religion or anything, just the idea that Syria should be democratic and value freedom of speech. If that isn't employed free thinking in it's most extreme form, I don't know what is.
Winterthrone - 21.08.2011 at 00:23
Written by corrupt on 20.08.2011 at 11:08

Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40

I was referencing exactly what you said. I was talking about Syria the State. I meant the State in Syria doesn't value freedom of thought and if you're fool enough to be brainwashed by religion, you're fool enough to be brainwashed by Bachar El-Assad and friends. I feel it's a country we're people are kept in ignorance and manipulated. Of course today with the internet it's more complicated for dictators to keep people in ignorance and some people will rebel against these stupid fucks (dictators that kill their own people just to keep the power.

Then I come back to our friend Beastofmetal: he doesn't seem like someone who thinks for himself and is ready to die for his personal beliefs. He seems to conform to a set a belief imposed by Islam and to reject everything that could contradict that set of belief. He condemns Behemoth just because they seem Satanic and says Nergal should have been condemned for tearing up a BIble...That's not really democratic and that's not the way I see freedom of thougt. I don't think he is a part of the movement against Bachar El-Assad's dictatorship as he seem conformist. Go see his profile and read about his 'color' you'll see what I mean. I'm very suprised he has an interest for Metal as it is an anti-conformist genre. Then again, he is only 15.
Roro - 21.08.2011 at 01:51
"....but I'm sure that I'm on the right path to ultimate freedom! The battle is won, but the war ain't over. Heil Satan!"
Syk - 22.08.2011 at 08:31
Written by Winterthrone on 21.08.2011 at 00:23
We're here should be where - remember the two main purposes of apostrophes (') are to show contraction - letters being missed out - and to show possession. Except in the case of it's, where the first purpose overrules, and its is the possessive. It's = it is, we're = we are / we were

Written by Winterthrone on 21.08.2011 at 00:23
The "color" thing on his profile is light-hearted stuff from a game, as mentioned in one of MS' hot forum topics right now (What Color Are You? (Magic: The Gathering Test)). Don't read into it too much

I don't plan to say much more in this topic, but...
Written by corrupt on 20.08.2011 at 11:08
Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40
Exactly?

Bah, I don't know what to say further, it's probably just shit-stirring... of a potentially scary variety. Apologies if I've taken your post the wrong way... I wouldn't be surprised with my current mental state
AngelofDeth - 23.08.2011 at 00:54
People really need to stop being so aggro. there are alot of terruble religous people but that diesnt mean there all bad. i consider myself an atheist and hate many of the christian beliefs but i still have plenty of christian friends and we get along fine. just like im a metalhead but most of my friends dont listen to metal. the world isnt so black and white.
Winterthrone - 23.08.2011 at 23:12
Written by Syk on 22.08.2011 at 08:31

Written by Winterthrone on 21.08.2011 at 00:23

Written by Winterthrone on 21.08.2011 at 00:23

I don't plan to say much more in this topic, but...
Written by corrupt on 20.08.2011 at 11:08
Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40
Exactly?

I won't comment your ranting on a simple typing mistake cause I had an A+ in Written English at University. I'll just state that I saw worse mistakes in reviews published on this website that were 'proofread' before they were published (my ass).

And yes you took my post the wrong way. I said I was referencing the events he was talking about. But, when I said that Syria wasn't well known for it's freedom of thought I was talking about the STATE of Syria NOT the PEOPLE of Syria. The proof is that a Motherfucker named Bachar El-Assad is killing some of his own compatriots because they are trying too speak and think freely. Then we come to the point I was trying to make: Beastofmetal seems pretty touchy and dogmatic on religious issues like the Dick-tator (it's a joke not a mistake you grammar-nazi) in his country is dogmatic and touchy on democratic issues.

EDIt: Oh and on the color issue, if someone writes something to describe his character then it says a lot on him even if it,s 'light hearted' stuff.
Angelic Storm - 24.08.2011 at 01:59
Written by Sulac on 18.08.2011 at 17:43

I'm a Christian, and not a fan of Behemoth or Nergal, but I'm glad he was acquited. Religion =/= government, and people with faith have no right to be worked up over someone with a different, contradictory, or no faith.

This is definitely post of the thread!

Religion should never be allowed to intefere in either government, or the laws of the land. As when religion is allowed to intefere in those things, it only serves to persecute non-religious people. (and in some cases, different religions)

It's only just and right that Nergal was aquitted. If it's okay to jail someone for offending religious people, then the only fair thing to do, is to also jail religious people who antagonise and offend those who are non-religious, or have a different religion to themselves. The religious should not be allowed to have a monopoly on being "offended".
Parasomnia - 24.08.2011 at 07:49
This isn't YourfavoritereligionStorm. . C'mon guys, we all have our points of views
Daniell - 24.08.2011 at 15:02
Written by BitterCOld on 19.08.2011 at 23:59

everyone else is off limits.

I'm from Poland and let me tell you - the number of morons who get offended by such things is very small. It's basically limited to a group of old people and one radical political party. Most of the society doesn't give a shit about some metal band's gimmicks.

This whole bible tearing incident was blown out of proportion because Nergal became really famous when he started dating a famous Polish pop singer nicknamed Doda:

If it hadn't been for this (already ended) relationship, no one outside the metal community would've noticed that torn book.
Winterthrone - 24.08.2011 at 18:38
Written by Daniell on 24.08.2011 at 15:02

Written by BitterCOld on 19.08.2011 at 23:59

everyone else is off limits.

God, she is hot! What? Nergal is not with her anymore? I thought they were still together.
Fallen - 25.08.2011 at 00:59
Written by J. N. on 18.08.2011 at 17:20

Written by Mr. Doctor on 18.08.2011 at 17:09

Written by Guest on 18.08.2011 at 17:06

He deserves it. I despise Nergal and Behemoth. Stupid overrated band.

He hates them because they're satanic. Seriously.

And to Beast: He didn't lose the trial. He won.

Actually there not satanic, just because there are satanic themes in their lyrics that does not make them satanic. Nergal has stated on several occasions that he does not like the band being labeled and that while he does not believe in the god from christianity or any other god he believes that each person has their own beliefs and his own are his own and thats all that matters. He has never come out and defined his beliefs. The whole Heil Satan thing is just who he is and most likely said merely to fit his rebelious nature against christianity and the whole case.
Metal_4Ever - 29.08.2011 at 13:12
Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40

brainwashed? really? if you think that people wrote the holy book not supernatural entity then let me tell you felt in a mistake, you're not a Muslim to gave us your false opinions, every one has his own opinion but that's not reason to offended the muslims people here because they're just "Muslim".
Nergal believe in Satan that's okay, I respect that also him, he said that he don't listen to Behemoth because they're satanists, anything wrong for this moment? I see the comments above the people in their speech said "You Must Listen To Behemoth, You Must Be Satanist" was that respective?.
and I would tell you what The Shape 1973 said.
Winterthrone - 29.08.2011 at 20:16
Written by Metal_4Ever on 29.08.2011 at 13:12

Written by Winterthrone on 19.08.2011 at 23:40

and I would tell you what The Shape 1973 said.

I didn't say he was brainwashed cause he is a muslim. I said he was brainwashed because he believed a supernatural entity wrote a book. I would have said the same thing abourt a Christian, a Jew or any other believer that said a god wrote his favorite book. Believing such bullshit is one of the reasons why I'm an Atheist. I'm not a satanist either because I do not believe in supernatural entities, I think and try to analyse things from a rational point of view. Believing in things without any proofs of their existence is irrational. He said Behemoth was a stupid overrated band, and that is not very nice to Behemoth's fans. Beastofmetal said Nergal should have gone to jail for tearing up a Bible, that is insulting the values of a secular society. Read my posts carefully, I never said Muslims were worse tahn other religious people. All religions should be abolished if it was up to me.
BoxCar Willy - 29.08.2011 at 20:19
I pee on the edge of the toilet so its quiet.
Metal_4Ever - 30.08.2011 at 14:01
Written by Winterthrone on 29.08.2011 at 20:16

Uh, you didn't say he was brainwashed cause he is muslim! for your information every Muslim believe that the holy book had written by supernatural entity, I can't teach you right now about Islam, but if you searched BElieve me you will find a true things and a lot of proofs.
Uh again, and I never said that you said muslim were worse than other religious people.
ANGEL REAPER - 01.09.2011 at 02:29
Anyway this news was so big that it even ended up covered in one big newspaper here in serbia called "Novosti"....
Winterthrone - 01.09.2011 at 04:01
Written by Metal_4Ever on 30.08.2011 at 14:01

Written by Winterthrone on 29.08.2011 at 20:16

Show me those proofs man. Ans I wan't better than just hearsay and esoteric bullshit.
Metal_4Ever - 01.09.2011 at 12:12
Written by Winterthrone on 01.09.2011 at 04:01

I said I can't teach you right now go and search by yourself, and why you don't give your proofs about that OUR holy book written by people, search, search cuz you will find nothing.
Winterthrone - 01.09.2011 at 18:41
Written by Metal_4Ever on 01.09.2011 at 12:12

Written by Winterthrone on 01.09.2011 at 04:01

Ok so according to the courses I took in College on the three great monotheistic religions. The Qu'ran was probably written by your prophet Mohammed who told he had been visited by the Angel Gabriel in a Cavern who dictated him what Allah or God or Yaveh wanted to be written in that book. To me that sounds like a perfectly natural human being (Mohammed) writing book to provide guidelines for his people in a time of religious distress (I hope you know about what life was in those days in Arabic countries before Islam) and giving it legitimacy by saying it was told to him by an ambassador on God. Then again this goes for every religion. Jesus said he was the Son of God and some people searching something to give meaning to their lives followed him and believed him. Abraham said God made an alliance with him to make is people follow him. In those days people were kept in ignorance so they believed more easily in those...Let's call them gurus, cause that's what they would be called these days.
Bad English - 03.04.2014 at 13:17
And now this .... poor lego

and same time they ask 10 000 nato solders in poland .. maybe time stop bullshiting and get back to reality

Pages: 1 [2]

News Behemoth - Rehearsing Again, Bible-Tearing Trial Back On Track 7.5 01.07.2011 by Xim
News Behemoth - Frontman Gives Leukemia The Finger, Released From Hospital 7.5 20.01.2011 by Vombatus
News Behemoth - Court Rules Against Frontman In Bible-Tearing Case 7.5 30.10.2012 by Bad English
News Behemoth - Frontman Formally Charged For Bible Destruction 6 09.03.2010 by iMorphball
Extreme metal forum Is Behemoth better known for their frontman? 4.5 18.01.2007 by