A video trailer for the upcoming new release by former member of Rhapsody Of Fire Luca Turilli's new band, which will bear the name of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody can now be viewed on Luca Turilli's official website or below.

Next year, guitarist/composer Luca Turilli will debut his new band, which includes guitarist Dominique Leurquin, bassist Patrice Guers, and drummer Alex Holzwarth, as Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The new album will also feature a full choir and orchestra and present the Luca Turilli's Rhapsody's new lead singer. More news promised for December 19th.

Source: lucaturilli.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli

Posted: 16.11.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

DieH@rd - 16.11.2011 at 15:33
OOOHHH MYYY GOOODDDD. GIVE IT TO ME. I WANT THIS NOW.
GT - 16.11.2011 at 16:13
Judging by the amount of work put into the trailer the music is probably not too good
Andreas - 16.11.2011 at 17:21
Written by GT on 16.11.2011 at 16:13

Wut? If the trailer is good, the album will be good too!

PS: I wasn't serious
EmeraldSword - 16.11.2011 at 18:22
Cool effects, but to me the video seemed like a teaser for a movie trailer and didn't showcase the music much. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
nb - 16.11.2011 at 18:38
Luca Turilli quit Rapsody of fire to launch his own project called Luca Turilli's Rapsody? That is very creative.
Alkonyat - 16.11.2011 at 19:11
Oh my GOD!!!
That's WONDERFUL trailer!
Luca Turilli never made any bad albums... so this won't be bad at all! )
I thought Olah Hayer wil be the singer... he will be the best on this position.
I HOPE like hell if Luca won't present a woman singer... that will be a really very SHIT! :/

One of my friend said to me, no worries about Luca's leaving, because this way we could have two Rhapsody albums in the same time! :D:D
I hope Alex and Fabio will send some news about a new Rhapsody Of Fire album also!
Giok99 - 16.11.2011 at 19:35
I agree, it's amazing to have now 2 albums of rhapsody per year. Nice Job
Edmund Fogg - 16.11.2011 at 20:28
That's it? Way to create a storm with nothing. I hope to hear a real album teaser soon rather then this "coming to a theater near you" bullshit. If Luca's on there, I can't wait to hear him play.
annodomini - 16.11.2011 at 23:02
This remind me of Globus or Two Steps from Hell, so if Turilli will add a fair dose of metal to that sound, this could be what I was waiting for years. Trully trailer metal music.
LeChron James - 16.11.2011 at 23:08
Winner of Drama of the Year, for sure.
RavenKing - 17.11.2011 at 01:07
Bullshit trailer. It says nothing about the music.
And again, this pretentious attitude to label something as a masterpiece when we still haven't listened to any music, instead of letting the music speak for itself.

Perhaps it will end up as something great but we can't know at all with this trailer.
Troy Killjoy - 17.11.2011 at 01:11
Give me my 57 seconds back please.
AngelofDeth - 17.11.2011 at 01:39
Written by Giok99 on 16.11.2011 at 19:35

I agree, it's amazing to have now 2 albums of rhapsody per year. Nice Job

hmmm... didnt we just have that with the last 3 RoF albums? ..and look how those turned out..

at this rate were gona have 4 mediocre Rhapsody albums a year!

not sure if this is good news guys...
but who knows hopefully this change will bring some much needed new inspiration to the next albums.
Stabby - 17.11.2011 at 02:02
Oh Luca, always putting your name all over everything. Well you have the chops to back up that ego. This singer had better be amazing too, I don't want to feel like Rhapsody's split produced two weaker bands. I'm optimistic that this won't be the case because the first Luca Turilli solo album was as good or better than anything Rhapsody did.

I'm realizing that people reading this who have just heard of Rhapsody, Rhapsody Of Fire, Luca Turilli, Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, etc, will be very confused. Ha.
NEO-CRUSADER - 17.11.2011 at 04:30
C'mon Olaf Hayer!!!
The Shape 1973 - 17.11.2011 at 21:08
The whole copyright thing is very confusing. By putting your name in front of the word Rhapsody, does that make it alright?
I thought they were not allowed to use the name. If I started a fast food chain called The Shape's McDonalds, selling The Shape's Big Macs and The Shape's Coca Cola, I'm sure the lawyers would pay me a visit.
Troy Killjoy - 17.11.2011 at 21:21
Written by The Shape 1973 on 17.11.2011 at 21:08

McDonald's probably has better lawyers than Rhapsody.
The Shape 1973 - 17.11.2011 at 21:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2011 at 21:21

Written by The Shape 1973 on 17.11.2011 at 21:08

McDonald's probably has better lawyers than Rhapsody.

That settles it then. My new band is called The Shape's Rhapsody.

Where do I recruit enchanted elves from?
JÄY - 18.11.2011 at 05:12
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2011 at 01:11

Give me my 57 seconds back please.

If you clicked play you dont deserve it....
Troy Killjoy - 18.11.2011 at 08:03
Written by JÄY on 18.11.2011 at 05:12
If you clicked play you dont deserve it....

Such is life. D:
Angelic Storm - 18.11.2011 at 08:14
Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Yep, it really makes me wonder why he felt he had to leave Rhapsody (Of Fire) in the first place. If he's just going to be doing more or less the same as what he was doing in ROF, then why leave? It defies logic...
Stabby - 18.11.2011 at 08:31
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Apparently there were musical differences between band members and this is the way things turned out, which makes me wonder what Fabio's band will sound like if Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is going to sound like Rhapsody Of Fire Rhapsody. Now what REALLY defies logic is why Luca Turilli would make Luca Turilli's Rhapsody which will sound exactly like Luca Turilli solo.
Angelic Storm - 18.11.2011 at 08:43
Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Well, if it was purely to do with musical differences, then either A: Rhapsody Of Fire's (Fabio Lione's band) new material should sound markedly different from their signature sound, or B: Luca Turilli''s Rhapsody should sound markedly different from Rhapsody Of Fire. If neither of these things turns out to be the case, then it makes the split completely pointless. And yep, if LT's Rhapsody ends up sounding like Luca's solo material, that will be equally as daft, as he could have just released this new stuff as a solo album and it wouldn't make any difference...
RavenKing - 18.11.2011 at 21:11
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

That's my own analysis of the situation.

But, as far as I know, Luca Turilli and Alex Staropoli have always been the leaders. Maybe there was a different between them.
Also, it is entirely possible that the different was not related to music. It could be personal matters that raised tensions between band members. In this case, it would not be surprising to see both bands sounding like RoF, however pointless as it may look.
Void Eater - 19.11.2011 at 01:09
Looks like the movie trailer for whatever comic book superhero hollywood next decides to turn into a movie star. Looking forward to this though. Hoping that he makes another albumin the Prophet Of The Last Eclipse style.
Kallis Helmi - 19.11.2011 at 01:49
Written by Void Eater on 19.11.2011 at 01:09

Yep, I'd like to hear a Prophet-style album. Its speed, symphonic/cosmic sound and the melodies are awesome! \m/
Doc Godin - 19.11.2011 at 01:59
Good lord. I want to know who the pompous blowhard is who first thought of this idea?

"Yeah, let's like, put this shoddy CGI trailer together that looks kind of like a movie trailer, boasting how amazing this album will be."
"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"
"Oh, it won't feature any of the actually music. Just throw in some stock sound-clips from whatever fantasy movie we can find."

This is the first time I've actually nerd-raged to the point where I pray to God this album turns out to be a colossal failure of Lulu proportions.
Void Eater - 19.11.2011 at 04:11
Written by Doc Godin on 19.11.2011 at 01:59

"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"

You're hoping that this album will be a commercial failure, considered one of the worst metal albums (or at least albums put out by a metal band) ever, and recieve nearly universal hatred from fans, because you thought that the minute long trailer was half assed?
RavenKing - 19.11.2011 at 04:22
Written by Void Eater on 19.11.2011 at 04:11

Written by Doc Godin on 19.11.2011 at 01:59

"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"

My guess is Doc disliked how pretentious this is. But it's Luca Turilli, so it should not come as a surprise.
Angelic Storm - 19.11.2011 at 04:24
Written by RavenKing on 18.11.2011 at 21:11
That's my own analysis of the situation.

Well of course, my appraisal of the situation was entirely based on the guy I quoted saying he'd heard it was musical differences which caused the split. I agree, it would not surprise me at all if both bands sounded like ROF, which would then mean either one of two things: 1. The split was completely pointless if done for musical reasons. Or 2. The split had nothing to do with musical reasons. I personally hadn't heard the spilt was for musical reasons, but if they actually did say that was the reason, it could also just be a smokescreen for the real reason. It''ll be interesting to see what both new album's sound like anyway, but I would be quite shocked if either band strayed very far from the style that Rhapsody (Of Fire) have always had. lol
RavenKing - 19.11.2011 at 04:30
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.11.2011 at 04:24

I believe both bands will sound quite similar to RoF, but I can be wrong.
Doc Godin - 19.11.2011 at 08:09
Written by Void Eater on 19.11.2011 at 04:11

Written by Doc Godin on 19.11.2011 at 01:59

"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"

It was an exaggeration on my part. Frankly, I really don't care as it's not really my type of music, but I would get a slight sense of satisfaction if this turned out to suck.
Kallis Helmi - 21.11.2011 at 01:35
BTW Luca Turilli's works NEVER suck!
Milena - 25.11.2011 at 00:33
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Luca Turilli - Rapsody of fire - Luca Turilli's Rapsody? -

Rhapsody (Of Fire) - ROF -

Fabio's band - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Rhapsody Of Fire Rhapsody - Luca Turilli - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Luca Turilli solo.

- Rhapsody Of Fire's (Fabio Lione's band) - Luca Turilli''s Rhapsody should sound markedly different from Rhapsody Of Fire - LT's Rhapsody - Luca's solo material

Thought I could give my own two cents, but making this post was way funnier
Stabby - 25.11.2011 at 04:16
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 00:33

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Luca Turilli - Rapsody of fire - Luca Turilli's Rapsody? -

Rhapsody (Of Fire) - ROF -

Thought I could give my own two cents, but making this post was way funnier

Haha! Love it. I hope that Luca Turilli's Rhapsody sounds more like Rhapsody before Rhapsody Of Fire, so like Luca Turilli from 1999 I suppose. Rhapsody Of Fire has moved away from the baroque sound of Rhapsody and Luca Turilli, and it's still great, but Luca Turilli had his best songs in Rhapsody and Luca Turilli, and without the others in Rhapsody Of Fire maybe Luca Turilli's Rhapsody will get to be more like Rhapsody and Luca Turilli. I can only hope.

There are some not-so-Rhapsody songs on the latest Rhapsody Of Fire like We Belong To The Stars. I wonder who was behind that, maybe Fabio since he likes Eurobeat and stuff like that. That would be my best guess as to a source of musical conflict, if it is in fact musical conflict.
Milena - 25.11.2011 at 10:31
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 04:16

Awesome post what's Eurobeat?
Stabby - 25.11.2011 at 20:20
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 10:31

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 04:16

Awesome post what's Eurobeat?

I'm not entirely sure how to define it but it is cheesy, disco-influenced dance music. And I Belong To The Stars just sounds to me like a slowed down Rhapsody version, almost like a push-and-pull of Rhapsody's members trying to make something that is more poppy and possibly dancy but still metal and still sounds like Rhapsody. Just add some fast drum machine and make the melodies a little lighter. Don't mind, me, though, my brain finds meaning where there is none!

By the way if you want to laugh your ass off... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txbTP5z2Z-M Oh Fabio. He's lucky he's one of the best singers around.
Milena - 25.11.2011 at 21:04
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 20:20

Oh, it was fairly popular in Serbia during the 90's, but under a different name. So why would a serious musician take interest in something like that? I'm baffled.
Stabby - 25.11.2011 at 23:24
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 21:04

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 20:20

That's a good question. I searched for statements from him and found:

"Nobody told me that i must sing "only" about the "emerald sword" in my life.. if you fell that.. well, it's easy.. you can listen to me only in rhapsody!!! he, he..."

So I guess he likes it, or is doing it because nobody told him not to... Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess. He decided to focus only on Rhapsody Of Fire in 2005, thankfully. And hopefully I'm wrong and he isn't trying to turn it into Rhapsody Of Disco.
Milena - 25.11.2011 at 23:35
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:24

Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

I hope that won't be singing in Kamelot, 'cause that would be really unfortunate for me. Don't have anything personally against the dude, but he doesn't really fit.
Stabby - 25.11.2011 at 23:50
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 23:35

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:24

Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

Yeah I'd enjoy seeing him on the Kamelot tour, but nobody with that thick an Italian accent should replace Roy Khan permanently. Fabio will always be Mr. Emerald Sword, and that's when he's magic.
Milena - 26.11.2011 at 00:01
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:50

Well finally someone who agrees with me on that.

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Release New Video 10.5 04.05.2012 by qlacs
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Singer Revealed, Album Teaser Online 10.5 30.03.2012 by Milena
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Release Upcoming Album Official Trailer 10 12.06.2012 by In5anity
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Update On New Album 9 30.12.2011 by Truemetaljope
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Announce New Drummer 9 21.04.2012 by csiga