Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Trailer For Upcoming Release Online

A video trailer for the upcoming new release by former member of Rhapsody Of Fire Luca Turilli's new band, which will bear the name of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody can now be viewed on Luca Turilli's official website or below.

Next year, guitarist/composer Luca Turilli will debut his new band, which includes guitarist Dominique Leurquin, bassist Patrice Guers, and drummer Alex Holzwarth, as Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The new album will also feature a full choir and orchestra and present the Luca Turilli's Rhapsody's new lead singer. More news promised for December 19th.

Source: lucaturilli.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli

Posted: 16.11.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   Visited by: 172 users
19.11.2011 - 04:30
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.11.2011 at 04:24

Well of course, my appraisal of the situation was entirely based on the guy I quoted saying he'd heard it was musical differences which caused the split. I agree, it would not surprise me at all if both bands sounded like ROF, which would then mean either one of two things: 1. The split was completely pointless if done for musical reasons. Or 2. The split had nothing to do with musical reasons. I personally hadn't heard the spilt was for musical reasons, but if they actually did say that was the reason, it could also just be a smokescreen for the real reason. It''ll be interesting to see what both new album's sound like anyway, but I would be quite shocked if either band strayed very far from the style that Rhapsody (Of Fire) have always had. lol

I believe both bands will sound quite similar to RoF, but I can be wrong.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.11.2011 - 08:09
Doc Godin
Obnoxious
Written by Void Eater on 19.11.2011 at 04:11

Written by Doc Godin on 19.11.2011 at 01:59

Good lord. I want to know who the pompous blowhard is who first thought of this idea?

"Yeah, let's like, put this shoddy CGI trailer together that looks kind of like a movie trailer, boasting how amazing this album will be."
"Sounds great, what song are we going to use to sell it?"
"Oh, it won't feature any of the actually music. Just throw in some stock sound-clips from whatever fantasy movie we can find."

This is the first time I've actually nerd-raged to the point where I pray to God this album turns out to be a colossal failure of Lulu proportions.

You're hoping that this album will be a commercial failure, considered one of the worst metal albums (or at least albums put out by a metal band) ever, and recieve nearly universal hatred from fans, because you thought that the minute long trailer was half assed?

It was an exaggeration on my part. Frankly, I really don't care as it's not really my type of music, but I would get a slight sense of satisfaction if this turned out to suck.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.11.2011 - 01:35
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
BTW Luca Turilli's works NEVER suck!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
25.11.2011 - 00:33
Milena
Learning To "X"
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Luca Turilli - Rapsody of fire - Luca Turilli's Rapsody? -

Rhapsody (Of Fire) - ROF -

Fabio's band - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Rhapsody Of Fire Rhapsody - Luca Turilli - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Luca Turilli solo.

- Rhapsody Of Fire's (Fabio Lione's band) - Luca Turilli''s Rhapsody should sound markedly different from Rhapsody Of Fire - LT's Rhapsody - Luca's solo material

Thought I could give my own two cents, but making this post was way funnier
----
"There comes a time when you look into the mirror and you realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. And then you accept it. Or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking in mirrors."
25.11.2011 - 04:16
Stabby
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 00:33

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:43

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2011 at 08:31

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2011 at 08:14

Written by nb on 16.11.2011 at 18:38

Luca Turilli - Rapsody of fire - Luca Turilli's Rapsody? -

Rhapsody (Of Fire) - ROF -

Thought I could give my own two cents, but making this post was way funnier

Haha! Love it. I hope that Luca Turilli's Rhapsody sounds more like Rhapsody before Rhapsody Of Fire, so like Luca Turilli from 1999 I suppose. Rhapsody Of Fire has moved away from the baroque sound of Rhapsody and Luca Turilli, and it's still great, but Luca Turilli had his best songs in Rhapsody and Luca Turilli, and without the others in Rhapsody Of Fire maybe Luca Turilli's Rhapsody will get to be more like Rhapsody and Luca Turilli. I can only hope.

There are some not-so-Rhapsody songs on the latest Rhapsody Of Fire like We Belong To The Stars. I wonder who was behind that, maybe Fabio since he likes Eurobeat and stuff like that. That would be my best guess as to a source of musical conflict, if it is in fact musical conflict.
25.11.2011 - 10:31
Milena
Learning To "X"
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 04:16

Awesome post what's Eurobeat?
----
25.11.2011 - 20:20
Stabby
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 10:31

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 04:16

Awesome post what's Eurobeat?

I'm not entirely sure how to define it but it is cheesy, disco-influenced dance music. And I Belong To The Stars just sounds to me like a slowed down Rhapsody version, almost like a push-and-pull of Rhapsody's members trying to make something that is more poppy and possibly dancy but still metal and still sounds like Rhapsody. Just add some fast drum machine and make the melodies a little lighter. Don't mind, me, though, my brain finds meaning where there is none!

By the way if you want to laugh your ass off... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txbTP5z2Z-M Oh Fabio. He's lucky he's one of the best singers around.
25.11.2011 - 21:04
Milena
Learning To "X"
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 20:20

Oh, it was fairly popular in Serbia during the 90's, but under a different name. So why would a serious musician take interest in something like that? I'm baffled.
----
25.11.2011 - 23:24
Stabby
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 21:04

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 20:20

That's a good question. I searched for statements from him and found:

"Nobody told me that i must sing "only" about the "emerald sword" in my life.. if you fell that.. well, it's easy.. you can listen to me only in rhapsody!!! he, he..."

So I guess he likes it, or is doing it because nobody told him not to... Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess. He decided to focus only on Rhapsody Of Fire in 2005, thankfully. And hopefully I'm wrong and he isn't trying to turn it into Rhapsody Of Disco.
25.11.2011 - 23:35
Milena
Learning To "X"
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:24

Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

I hope that won't be singing in Kamelot, 'cause that would be really unfortunate for me. Don't have anything personally against the dude, but he doesn't really fit.
----
25.11.2011 - 23:50
Stabby
Written by Milena on 25.11.2011 at 23:35

Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:24

Um, okay Fabio, whatever makes you happy, I guess.

Yeah I'd enjoy seeing him on the Kamelot tour, but nobody with that thick an Italian accent should replace Roy Khan permanently. Fabio will always be Mr. Emerald Sword, and that's when he's magic.
26.11.2011 - 00:01
Milena
Learning To "X"
Written by Stabby on 25.11.2011 at 23:50

Well finally someone who agrees with me on that.
----