Jordan-based melodic death/doom act Falling Leaves has announced that Novembers Doom vocalist Paul Kuhr will be guesting on the band's upcoming new album Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun.

Falling Leaves commented: "November's Doom! Hell yes indeed, doom metal Icon Paul Kuhr (November's Doom) has participated in the upcoming Jordanian melodic doom death metal band Falling Leaves album (Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun)."

"We are honored to announce Paul August Kuhr who founded the doom metal pioneer band Novembers Doom in 1989 as a guest vocal in our upcoming album. No doubt the voice of experience added by Paul gave Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun a touch of doomy atmosphere. The album is nearly completed and will be released before the end of 2011. The track list will be announced before that. Stay tuned more is coming... Doom on!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Falling Leaves

Posted: 27.11.2011 by JD

Comments

Iron Nostarion - 27.11.2011 at 18:43
God, curses with all the doom in my country. I'm going to lead the first thrash band and do something actually exciting (not a fan of doom, as you can clearly see). Anyway, congratulations for them.
Troy Killjoy - 27.11.2011 at 19:17
Hard to judge a doom song based on a two-minute preview, but this sounded really good.
PocketMetal - 27.11.2011 at 22:29
I'm excited , doom is my third favorite genre .
PocketMetal - 27.11.2011 at 22:29
I'm excited , doom is my third favorite genre .
JD - 28.11.2011 at 00:20
Written by Iron Nostarion on 27.11.2011 at 18:43

Yeah, what's up with all these doom bands from Jordan? anyway good luck to them

(off topic)
First thrash band? sorry for disappointing you, but you're not the first.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.11.2011 at 00:36
Written by Iron Nostarion on 27.11.2011 at 18:43

Like JD said you won't be the first. These are the thrash bands from Joran I found on Metal Archives

Disorder
Exile
Spade
X
Ajdath (now Gdansk, Poland)
Esodic
Infested Mind
Rabbath Ammon (a.k.a. Rapture in Haze, Hebron)
SoulBleed
JD - 28.11.2011 at 00:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.11.2011 at 00:36

...

Well, actually Ajdath, and SoulBleed are death metal, I don't know about Infested Mind because I never heard of them. but the others are thrash or heavy\thrash
Swamphell - 28.11.2011 at 08:36
I knw this guys the lead guitarist is in my university he is really talented, and i heard their EP and it was really awesome doom/Melo-death EP, but i hope the quality of the new album be better than the EP
S.K.Ø.M - 28.11.2011 at 09:49
Its funny how this band got from being a joke in MS band suggesting section into being featured in the main page news section . .. not that am against the band, but they were so juvenile in their acts , not just here in MS , but for me as an active member in Jordan metal scene ... But the truth is, I respect what they did with their album ,and am anticipating a good one ..
JD - 28.11.2011 at 16:33
Written by S.K.Ø.M on 28.11.2011 at 09:49

I agree, and they did some stupid stuff on Facebook as well..

Anyway today I heard their self-titled demo(three tracks) and I'd give 3.5\10, yeah it's a crap.

But I'm still looking forward to hear their new album, which was mixed and mastered at Clintworks Studio in Hamburg, by Dennis Israel. Not to forget Paul Kuhr, and Olof Göthlin as a guest musicians, so I have a high hopes for it.
Iron Nostarion - 28.11.2011 at 19:42
Quote:
Quote:
[quote=JD]
...

All I can say about the doom bands in Jordan is that 70% of the true scene is obsessed with doom because of its "calmness" and their wish to smoke and smoke to death while listening to it. Along with it and Opeth and other crap like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle Of Filth, that forms 70% of the music that the scene listens to. All of them listen mostly to atmospheric and black stuff (rarely stuff like Darkthrone tho, mostly Burzum atmospheric stuff). The rest of the scene is death-heads, which is good, and thrashers are perhaps the minority after the sludge/other subgenres people. But yes, most of the fascination lies with doom, and I'm not a fan of doom.

[quote=Marcel Hubregtse]
...

Hardly any of them are prominent as the "more prominent" Jordanian bands, and yes, Ajdath is two-thirds Polish and actually death. I didn't mean literally the first, but at least will be the first to fucking be true to thrash. We've got the revolution in our heads, unlike some people who want to "hey let's copy [favorite band name]" or the more generic "let's put some Eastern instrument in a song and become the original guys".

More prominent Jordanian bands as in: Bilocate (Death/Doom), Chalice Of Doom (Death/Doom), Forgive Me (Depressive Black), Nathrzeim (Symphonic Black), Dragonrider (Power), Tyrant Throne (Death), etc. Can't find no thrash in 'ere.

Oh and Exile disbanded some time ago. I know the guitarist, Sbeih, and since they've been caught by police on stage and humiliated, they've turned to alternative rock shit. New band's name is Red D, some shit alt-rock, saw 'em live.
S.K.Ø.M - 01.12.2011 at 11:27
Written by Iron Nostarion on 28.11.2011 at 19:42

they aint disbanded, i know this cuz i met some of them moths ago they were working on a new material Muhamaed Burshesh [the guy from Bouq, Tyrant Throne, Augury, all of which one of the best bands Jordan seen] .. they released an EP last year and single, both of witch are good, we have a new band called Relics of Martyrs, they say they are Thrash/Death ,, still waiting to release their debut album ,, they played many gigs in lebanon, and they were about sharing the stage with nervecell, but got delayed bcz of visa issues ...

Anyway, Jordanain scene have some talents, but sadly, they need to grow up and to git hit by the real world, cz each one release a demo or an ep, and get 1000 like in FB page [most of them are frnds of the band mmbrs] start to act like an ass and he thinks he is the next Ozzy Osbourne .. or Lars Ulrich ,,
kaoskrew - 02.12.2011 at 15:09
Nice one Paul :-)
Iron Nostarion - 02.12.2011 at 15:34
Written by S.K.Ø.M on 01.12.2011 at 11:27

Written by Iron Nostarion on 28.11.2011 at 19:42

Thanks for the info about Exile. About Jordanian scene, all I have to say is that we lack originality. Almost every band wants to show two stuff and that's it:
1- That Jordan has metal.
2- That they can copy their favorite bands.

I hope I can avoid these two twin demons that haunt our scene with the band.
MuhannadSaleh - 02.12.2011 at 20:46
About the Jordanian bands well lets just sums it up with that the whole middle eastern scene got alot of problems going on and none of them is caused by the government or the Islamist its mostly caused by mistakes done by the middle eastern metalheads fans and bands.

now about first thrash metal band well the oldest one we could put our hands on was a band called MegaPower which was formed back in the 1983/1982 they released only one Ep Called "coming from the north" it was all record in one day by one member the drummer jamal obidat am not sure if i still have the tracks however it sounded to me like an early venom but am not really sure it was a long time ago anyways now the band is back and they are working on some songs i think they released one some time ago.

as for other old bands you got hunted cottage and X but as you said strifman many of them didnt have that much creativity and the new bands kinda move to death metal
zaid mousa - 07.12.2011 at 00:42
Written by Iron Nostarion on 02.12.2011 at 15:34

Written by S.K.Ø.M on 01.12.2011 at 11:27

Written by Iron Nostarion on 28.11.2011 at 19:42

the band called thrasherd nt exile

1- That Jordan has metal.
2- That they can copy their favorite bands.

I hope I can avoid these two twin demons that haunt our scene with the band.
Iron Nostarion - 07.12.2011 at 16:12
Written by MuhannadSaleh on 02.12.2011 at 20:46

I wanna check out that MegaPower band, got me hooked that there were thrashers in Jordan back in the '80s.
MuhannadSaleh - 14.12.2011 at 16:49
Hehehe i will try to find their old stuff however you may contact them or check them out on myspace

News Novembers Doom - New Album Sample Posted Online 9 01.11.2006 by Katatronik
News Novembers Doom - Enter Studio, Begin Work On New Album 9 16.01.2009 by LeChron James
News Novembers Doom - New Album Streaming In Full 9 08.07.2014 by b0sse
News Novembers Doom - Unveil New Album Cover And More Details 9 02.05.2014 by Darkmember
News Novembers Doom - New Album Details 9 26.02.2011 by Vitriolic Hate