The Thousandfold Epicentre, the new album from occult rockers The Devil's Blood, is now available for streaming in its entirety over at Vpro 3voor12.

The Thousandfold Epicentre has been released on 11th of November through Ván Records.

Source: roadburn.com

Posted: 20.11.2011 by Ag Fox

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 20.11.2011 at 03:37
Boring much. D:
Truemetaljope - 20.11.2011 at 08:40
Good stuff
corrupt - 20.11.2011 at 11:24
Oh lord, get ready for another round of narcotizingly boring shows. Damn this stuff is bad...
Sworn - 20.11.2011 at 11:52
Really great album!
Sworn - 20.11.2011 at 11:54
Written by corrupt on 20.11.2011 at 11:24

Then why you go to their shows if you don't like them? idiot.
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.11.2011 at 17:56
Written by Sworn on 20.11.2011 at 11:54

Written by corrupt on 20.11.2011 at 11:24

Then why you go to their shows if you don't like them? idiot.

Did he say he went to see their club shows?
Nope.
Corrupt is German and The Devil's Blood is HUGE in Germany and play almost every festival there so Corrupt is bound to have seen them live numerous times even if he didn't want to see them live.

Okay here it goes...

I have seen The Devil's Blood live six times now and live they are boring beyond imagination. But somehow their studio output is way better and even nto boring at all and really well played and written. It's just that their live shows suck. Problem also being that Farida, like so many women in this music segment, doesn't have any power at all in her voice live. On album one doesn't notice because vocals are souped up there.
corrupt - 20.11.2011 at 19:11
Yep, what Marcel said. And why does everybody always have to insult people?
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.11.2011 at 19:18
Written by corrupt on 20.11.2011 at 19:11

And why does everybody always have to insult people?

Even I don't do that
I can't understand the need to insult people for an opinion of theirs either. I am guessing Sworn is a The Devil's Blood fanboy who gets offended when anyone says anything bad about his beloved band.
Saw the Devil's Blood again last week at Dutch Doom Days headlining the Sunday and to be honest I was glad they were terribly boring live once again for it gave me an excuse to go home early And that was much needed after two full days and one half day (the Friday night) of boozing and doom. But TDB weren't as bad and boring live as Abysmal Grief the previous day when they headlined.
Funny thing though, with both bands half the people present thought they were brilliant live and the other half found them immensely boring live. And for me the same applies for Abysmal Grief as The Devil's Blood, I immensely enjoy them on album but think they are horrinly boring live.
corrupt - 20.11.2011 at 19:23
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2011 at 19:18

Yeah, I noticed that as well. The Devil's Blood seem to split their audience two ways. There's not much next to the black and white of either loving or hating them. Not many bands can do that, I give them that. But my first three encounters with them were live shows and even after the first disappointment, after I knew what I was getting into, I couldn't bring myself to enjoying them. Three guitars that each only play one chord and a singer that stands completely still most of the time is just not my kind of show. Plus, the voice is a real downer.
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.11.2011 at 19:29
Written by corrupt on 20.11.2011 at 19:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2011 at 19:18

But I prefer them to bands such as Jex Thoth and Blood Ceremony which operate along the same lines and people are raving about.
And yeah Farida's voice is extremely powerless live. The three guitarists I think are used because of the layeredness of the guitars on the album so that they can reproduce that live. But tbh I find Iron Maiden with three guitarists even more stupid live since most of the time Janick Gers isn't even plugged in whereas here all three are.
But all in all most of the times three guitarists live is just eye candy.
Mr. Doctor - 26.01.2012 at 17:18
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.11.2011 at 17:56

Dang, I was thinking of seeing them at Roadburn. If there isn't any big clash I'll check them out anyway and leave if I don't dig it.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2012 at 17:20
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.01.2012 at 17:18

Dang, I was thinking of seeing them at Roadburn.

when are the playing? I am almost certain they're not playing RB this year
Mr. Doctor - 26.01.2012 at 17:22
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2012 at 17:20

when are the playing? I am almost certain they're not playing RB this year

Huh... you are right, wonder where I got that from.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.01.2012 at 17:24
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.01.2012 at 17:22

Huh... you are right, wonder where I got that from.

Maybe because Devil is playing who play some extremely retro doom?
Mr. Doctor - 26.01.2012 at 17:26
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2012 at 17:24

Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.01.2012 at 17:22

Huh... you are right, wonder where I got that from.

Maybe because Devil is playing who play some extremely retro doom?

Maybe that was it. Too much devil, blood and stuff... Hard to keep up.

News Before The Dawn - New Album Streaming Online 9 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Burnt By The Sun - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 15.08.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News The Melvins - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 09.07.2008 by LeChron James
News The Black Dahlia Murder - New Album Streaming Online 8.5 12.09.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Before The Dawn - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 22.10.2008 by BestMetalstormer