Heavy metal veterans 3 Inches Of Blood will be entering the studio to begin tracking their fifth full length album, set for release in 2012.

The band will be working out of Vogville Studios and Profile Studios in Vancouver with engineer and producer Terry Sho Murray, who also worked on the band's last 7". 3 Inches Of Blood's 2009 album, Here Wait Thy Doom showcased the band's distinct, traditional heavy metal sound and debuted on the Billboard Top 200 charts. The band promises fans they will not have to wait long for the impressive planned follow up.

The band added: "Pre-production for our next record has been fucking excellent! Our new tunes are sounding awesome, and I know all of you are in for a real fucking metal album! Get ready!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: 3 Inches Of Blood

Posted: 23.11.2011 by kual21

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 23.11.2011 at 20:27
Meh, without Hooper I doubt these guys will ever be able to capture my attention again.
Skorcher - 23.11.2011 at 21:46
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.11.2011 at 20:27

Really? I always thought he was the worst part haha. I mean, to each his own, but I feel these guys just keep getting better. Im very stoked to hear their next record!
Troy Killjoy - 23.11.2011 at 21:56
Written by Skorcher on 23.11.2011 at 21:46

Well it wasn't him per se, it was their sound with him. The last album was, as Godin said in his review, a very "organic" album. Kind of a stripped down old-school feeling traditional heavy metal album, but on the whole it felt very thin. Their previous albums felt meatier if that makes sense. I guess it's just a matter of production for the most part, although as an extreme metal fan I obviously miss the screams.
AngelofDeth - 23.11.2011 at 22:44
Written by Skorcher on 23.11.2011 at 21:46

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.11.2011 at 20:27

i agree, i always thought hooper was a terrible screamer, to "core" for my taste. i dont know if this is true but when they first started i heard that the only reason they ever kept in the band was bc he was a good friend, not bc of he was a musically valuable addition...
Doc Godin - 23.11.2011 at 22:52
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.11.2011 at 21:56

Written by Skorcher on 23.11.2011 at 21:46

Honestly, song-writing wise, I think they were at their best with Fire Up The Blades, the album was so fucking digital sounding it was difficult for me to re-play continuously.

From what I gathered from my last interview with Shane, this album is probably going to be a middle ground between the organic and digital.

Who knows, maybe Justins harsh vocals will pick up in this one?
Troy Killjoy - 23.11.2011 at 22:57
Written by Doc Godin on 23.11.2011 at 22:52
Who knows, maybe Justins harsh vocals will pick up in this one?

I'll probably check it out due to curiosity, and hopefully we get at least a few moments with harsh vocals. I liked their aggressive style with Hooper handling co-vocal duties. Too bad about his voice. :/
Valentin B - 24.11.2011 at 00:04
Veterans? they barely have 10 years of experience as a band
Troy Killjoy - 24.11.2011 at 00:14
I think 10 years is enough time to earn veteran status. I mean, there's new bands (<5 years), veteran bands (10+ years), and then senior bands (20+ years).

And then there's Black Sabbath.
Butters49 - 24.11.2011 at 06:47
Great band, but need the Hooper back!
Troy Killjoy - 24.11.2011 at 07:55
Written by Butters49 on 24.11.2011 at 06:47
Great band, but need the Hooper back!

They don't need Hooper (since he probably won't ever be singing again), but I do think they need to bring back the harsh vocal element.
Doc Godin - 24.11.2011 at 08:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.11.2011 at 22:57

Written by Doc Godin on 23.11.2011 at 22:52
Who knows, maybe Justins harsh vocals will pick up in this one?

Like I said, there's still Justin's quasi-harsh vocals. I think if his harsh vocals can become a little more intense this time around, it would be great.
Troy Killjoy - 24.11.2011 at 09:01
Written by Doc Godin on 24.11.2011 at 08:35

Not just more intense but better utilized. While the good cop/bad cop routine isn't exactly unique, it's still one of the things I enjoyed most about their albums.
strade - 24.11.2011 at 11:04
Maybe it'll actually be good this time.
Lit. - 24.11.2011 at 20:58
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.11.2011 at 00:14

And then there's Black Sabbath.

Despite my detest for your BS bashing, I found this pretty hilarious.
NLthrasher - 26.11.2011 at 07:27
Hope this one is going to be better than there last album... They showed they are capable of that.
Doc Godin - 26.11.2011 at 08:31
Written by Lit. on 24.11.2011 at 20:58

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.11.2011 at 00:14

And then there's Black Sabbath.

Despite my detest for your BS bashing, I found this pretty hilarious.

Bashing? Where?

Written by NLthrasher on 26.11.2011 at 07:27

Yes and no. Their last album did lack some aspects that made the previous albums good, but to me it sounded like a much more mature album. As much as I like the songwriting on Fire Up The Blades, it still sits one notch below Here Waits Thy Doom almost entirely because of the production, which sounded more fitting for a Ke$ha album. Here Waits Thy Doom was a more organic, almost spontaneous sounding album. The more I listen to Fire Up The Blades, the more tinny, condensed and overproduced it sounds.
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2011 at 08:37
Written by Doc Godin on 26.11.2011 at 08:31
Bashing? Where?

Well it wasn't necessarily bashing but in the Black Sabbath reunite news thread I did manage to upset a few people (with the inadvertent assistance of RavenKing).
Doc Godin - 26.11.2011 at 08:40
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2011 at 08:37

Written by Doc Godin on 26.11.2011 at 08:31
Bashing? Where?

Oh, I thought it was based on you pointing out that they're old.
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2011 at 08:41
Written by Doc Godin on 26.11.2011 at 08:40
Oh, I thought it was based on you pointing out that they're old.

That's...exactly what it's based on. Some people just took it better than others.

News Blood Tsunami - Enter The Studio 7 04.09.2008 by Hamird
News Melechesh - Prepare To Enter The Studio 7 20.03.2010 by Metal Maiden
News Brutal Truth - Prepare To Enter The Studio 7 03.10.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Glorior Belli - Prepare To Enter The Studio 7 09.10.2008 by Sunioj
News Blood Red Throne - To Enter The Studio Next Month 7 18.01.2007 by broken goddess