According to the band's official Facebook page, German funeral doom metallers Ahab are set to begin work on a new album.

"Ahoy,

In the end of January we'll enter [the] studio to record the yet untitled follow up of The Divinity Of Oceans. These days we're in the final writing session to finish the compositions. We promise to keep on informing you about the process this time.

Cheers, Ahab"

And here's something to tide you over in the meantime.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ahab

Posted: 25.11.2011 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments

Rog-Mothoth - 25.11.2011 at 05:43
Thanks for the extra video and edits for my news post. You obviouslly
Troy Killjoy - 25.11.2011 at 05:46
I just figured since there wasn't any new song to post I'd remind people just how good these guys are with a nice little tune.

PS I'm fucking stoked for this.
Behdad K - 25.11.2011 at 07:23
Great news.
They're great, really loved their previous works.
Frankthetank727 - 25.11.2011 at 08:42
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 05:46

PS I'm fucking stoked for this.

Agreed. I love both albums because they both capture very different moods. I still preferred the type of production from Call of the Wretched Sea, but the cleaner style definitely the material they wrote on Divinity. I feel this new album could still be somewhat of a surprise, and will undoubtedly be a phenomenal release.
Troy Killjoy - 25.11.2011 at 08:57
Written by Frankthetank727 on 25.11.2011 at 08:42

Being that their trilogy is complete, this album could sound like anything. They haven't released any info about it aside from when they plan on recording it, so I don't know what books or stories this one is being influenced by. There's a chance they move in a completely different direction within their respective genre.
Clintagram - 25.11.2011 at 09:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 08:57

Written by Frankthetank727 on 25.11.2011 at 08:42

Regardless, The Call of the Wretched Sea and The Divinity of Oceans were utterly brilliant. This third release, I have no doubt, will be no different! I can only hope it will be called Here Be Dragons and will be about Magellan's voyage into the (to Europeans) nautical unknown!
Troy Killjoy - 25.11.2011 at 09:08
Written by Clintagram on 25.11.2011 at 09:04

Indeed, I'm sure this album will exceed my expectations. There was actually an inkling of hope within me that they would take inspiration from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. We'll see what happens in about a year anyway.

And that made me realize just how much longer we have to wait. D:
Clintagram - 25.11.2011 at 09:13
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 09:08

Written by Clintagram on 25.11.2011 at 09:04

And that made me realize just how much longer we have to wait. D:

I just thought of Leagues! That would be great. Poe's The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket is another great tale of the sea. Regardless, these guys have plenty of inspiration. Hopefully they'll keep putting out great records. To a man/A year is short on land/But at sea/It be eternity.
Troy Killjoy - 25.11.2011 at 09:16
Written by Clintagram on 25.11.2011 at 09:13

I'm sure they took some influence from that as part of the Nantucket trilogy.

Great minds think alike.
advent - 25.11.2011 at 09:35
Great new, regardless I hope they maintain their good work , and i feel they will go a little progressive in their coming album.
Pazdzioch - 25.11.2011 at 10:30
Excellent news. I'm looking forward to working results.
malaikat - 25.11.2011 at 10:58
Oh, nice, Definitely looking forward to this.
Pierre Tombale - 25.11.2011 at 12:54
So everyone is full of good hope and expectations?
For me only the first album is a masterpiece and the second did not live up to my expectations, but maybe that's only me.
Zender 1.8 - 25.11.2011 at 14:56
Amazing news!! can't wait for it!! AHAB RULES \\w//
Mr. Doctor - 25.11.2011 at 15:36
Mega drool.
Troy Killjoy - 25.11.2011 at 18:22
Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 12:54

Well Wretched and The Oath were both brilliant to me, although Divinity was definitely of lower quality. That being said, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. At first I didn't like it because I compared it to its predecessor, but then I took it for what it was and found I appreciated it a lot more.
Xnoybis - 25.11.2011 at 18:59
Great news. Consider me extremely stoked about this.
Pierre Tombale - 25.11.2011 at 21:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 18:22

Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 12:54

I tried not to compare the two albums, but then the first album is still what I want the second to be. It is just overwhelming.
Clintagram - 25.11.2011 at 22:15
Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 21:14

Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2011 at 18:22

Written by Pierre Tombale on 25.11.2011 at 12:54

I was actually the opposite. I enjoyed the The Divinity of Oceans more on the first few turns than I did The Call of the Wretched Sea. It seemed more forlorn and desolate whereas their debut was more chaotic and destructive. Both fit the themes of the unmerciful sea perfectly but I liked the second one more for its atmosphere and leads vs. the former for its crushing heaviness. But regardless, like has been said, they are both fantastic albums.
Opethian - 26.11.2011 at 05:31
Best news ever! First Evoken hands out news of new album and now Ahab? I am excited haha
Abattoir - 26.11.2011 at 16:28
Just bring it on!
InnerSelf - 26.11.2011 at 19:46
This year we got Esoteric and Mournful Congregation and next year we'll have this and Evoken's. AWESOME
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2011 at 22:22
Written by InnerSelf on 26.11.2011 at 19:46

I didn't even think about it that way. Man are we ever spoiled.
InnerSelf - 27.11.2011 at 00:32
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2011 at 22:22

Written by InnerSelf on 26.11.2011 at 19:46

I didn't even think about it that way. Man are we ever spoiled.

hahahaha 2011 spoiled me.
Carl Berg - 27.11.2011 at 01:49
And the world is blessed with another excellent doom album. Can't wait.

News Ephel Duath - Begin Work On New Album 7 20.07.2007 by BlueMobius