The video for the song "The View", taken from the album Lulu by Lou Reed & Metallica and directed by Darren Aronofsky, is now available for viewing below.

In Metallica news, there are new additions to the 2012 Summer Tour, with two more new dates in Norway and Denmark. The first show will be in Oslo at Vallehovin on May 23rd, and the second show in Horsens at "The Prison" (a former state prison) on June 6th. It will be the first time Metallica plays at this venue.

New shows added:

May 23rd, 2012 - Vallehovin - Oslo, Norway
June 6th, 2012 - "The Prison" - Horsens, Denmark

[Also thanks to kual21 for sending in this news!]

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 04.12.2011 by JD

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

!J.O.O.E.! - 04.12.2011 at 14:04
Written by Guest on 04.12.2011 at 14:02

There was no flaw in my statement. I never said Nimoy never accepted a bad role for good money, I merely said that he was proof that such a decision was possible.

In any light Nimoy largely made his name as the Spock character so "selling" that name to a poor film for large sums of money is a far more egregious crime than a film director making a bad music video. One is a betrayal of cinematic icon, the other is just a side project. So in my mind the two don't compare.
ErnilEnNaur - 04.12.2011 at 14:07
Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.12.2011 at 14:03

Not bad indeed... We never brought up our mothers, that should count for something!

I think we just earned +1 man points. Which can unfortunately only be exchanged for more man points. Trade?
ErnilEnNaur - 04.12.2011 at 14:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.12.2011 at 14:04

Indeed. Which also means that the decision to turn down Generations was a harder one than it would have been for Aronofsky to turn down Lulu Reed and Co.

BTW, if ever you want to discuss the 2009 Trek film for fun, let me know on the movie thread. I'll be there with a vengeance (I actually paid money to see that piece of Lulu).
Angelic Storm - 04.12.2011 at 14:25
Written by Kub on 04.12.2011 at 14:04
Ahh, the voice of reason. Outside the metal world this album is not actually regarded as piece of shit, and the reviews are varied. Basically, you guys are most probably not the targeted audience of this one.

I like how Lou is incorporated into this video, and the song is cool, but the ending (encore! bravo!) is just clean douchebaggery.

Well, I've always been more objective than subjective I guess... I never allow my own personal opinion, neither popular opinion affect how I see the bigger picture. As much as I myself haven't really liked what I've heard off "Lulu", and also knowing what most metal fans think of it, I'm not that arrogant or pretentious to believe that nobody could like it, or find any worth in it. So if the director did happen to like the song, it wouldn't overly surprise me.

What I find funny, is at several points in the video, including the beginning, Lou Reed looks as if he's almost falling asleep, like he's bored. Of course, the director probably asked him to do that, but I found it amusing. As for the ending, I don't have a problem with that. It seems like the kind of thing Lou Reed would do, and I think he is genuinely into the music and the project...
Milena - 04.12.2011 at 14:29
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.12.2011 at 13:20

Also, has anyone stopped to think of the possibility that the director actually LIKES the song? Just because the popular consensus is that the album sucks, doesn't mean that everyone is going to view it that way. Seeing as it's unknown to the general public what Darren Aronofsky thinks of "The View", nobody should be claiming to speak on his behalf when it comes to his opinion on the music. Maybe he does see it as good art.

OR, maybe he sees all this "rock" music as crap and doesn't know how bad it exactly is
I mean, it's not like he directed the Rebecca Black video. It's not like he's gonna help them gain fans with this. This is probably a normal day's work for the dude. Frankly, if I was some hotshot director and Metallica asked me to record their video, I wouldn't give a crap for the suckiness of their music... they would help MY career and promotion with it, unless I'm Spielberg or somethin'.
Angelic Storm - 04.12.2011 at 14:37
Written by Milena on 04.12.2011 at 14:29

I didn't say or imply that he did like it. Just pointed out that it was a possibility, which might be an out-of the ball-park notion to most (metal fans at least), but still a valid point that I felt had to be made.

But yep, if I were him, I'd probably have no problem in directing it, even if I didn't really like the music.
Milena - 04.12.2011 at 14:44
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.12.2011 at 14:37

I know, I was just exploring similar analogies, since we're the only two persons who thought of stuff like those seriously though, this discussion got me a bit worried for MS, although two of the participants earned themselves bonus man points in the end... there was "shits" and similar insults thrown around among otherwise nice people and reasonable posters. Are you guys nervous for some reason? Stuff to share in a suitable ranting thread, perhaps?

Written by Guest on 04.12.2011 at 14:07

Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.12.2011 at 14:03

They can be traded for sandwiches, but mine are deadly.
errorcode99 - 04.12.2011 at 15:35
I was just listening to Battery and seeing this makes me sad
Brutalhellblazer - 04.12.2011 at 16:37
The interesting thing 'bout this video is Lou "the noisy potato bag" is wearing-not wearing glasses...
well...when you can be a table,you can simultaneously wear and NOT wear glasses...perhaps lou reed discovered the 4th dimension?
who knows?but Darren Aronofsky...
WorpeX - 04.12.2011 at 16:54
I was at the music store near me yesterday and someone asked the owner what people were saying about the album. His response was: "Nothing, and no one is buying it either. I've sold 5 or 6 copies so far and for an album by Metallica, that's unheard of."

It made me smile.
JohnDoe - 04.12.2011 at 16:58
Written by WorpeX on 04.12.2011 at 16:54

It made me smile.

what you just wrote made me smile.

apparently the album gets what it deserves.
Jiri - 04.12.2011 at 17:22
Boring just like the song.
Sasha Batrakov - 04.12.2011 at 17:41
Kind of like it
ErnilEnNaur - 04.12.2011 at 17:43
Written by WorpeX on 04.12.2011 at 16:54

It made me smile.

I work in a record store in a city of 50 000 people and I haven't sold a single copy. Of course that might have something to do with the fact that we haven't even ordered any on sheer principle. But nobody thus far has even asked for it.
CHEF METALHEAD - 04.12.2011 at 18:16
I think if Cliff was still alive, this shit would never come about... RIP Cliff
Hugoj33 - 04.12.2011 at 18:57
Disgusting
Introspekrieg - 04.12.2011 at 19:49
Why Darren... just why?
Stabby - 04.12.2011 at 21:13
Where is the scene of them doing cocaine off of each others' bodies and laughing at "the rabble" who expected something good?
Troy Killjoy - 04.12.2011 at 21:38
Watched it on mute (come on, I'm not going to fucking listen to the song just to watch the video), and it sucked. Not as bad as some videos I've seen, but considering who's all involved with it...

Mehfest.
Troy Killjoy - 04.12.2011 at 21:46
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 04.12.2011 at 18:16
I think if Cliff was still alive, this shit would never come about... RIP Cliff

Please, if Cliff were still alive he'd either conform to the sound Metallica went with and followed along blindly or they would've kicked him out and fucked around with shit like this anyway. He would have 0 impact on how they've "matured".
Mr. Doctor - 04.12.2011 at 21:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.12.2011 at 21:38

Mehfest.

Oh man, you missed the end then, that's fucking brilliant.
Troy Killjoy - 04.12.2011 at 21:50
Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.12.2011 at 21:49
Oh man, you missed the end then, that's fucking brilliant.

Unfortunately I didn't.
INÆRIS - 05.12.2011 at 00:27
Maybe this is what old people music is going to be like in a few years. I'm gonna have to give a copy of Lulu to pep pep for Christmas.
ToMegaTherion - 05.12.2011 at 00:34
This actually isn't bad, i like it.
JCJen7 - 05.12.2011 at 00:50
Quote:

is now available for viewing below.

hehehehehe

the joke has probably been made
psykometal - 05.12.2011 at 06:26
So this was my first listening of Lulu "material"...if I hadn't already seen all the hum drum negative statements floating around MS about how crappy and ridiculous this album is then I would thoroughly disappointed, however since I have seen all the hum drum negative statements about this release all over MS all I can do is agree that this was a big waste of time for 2 legends...not to mention the 3 minutes and 45 seconds + the time it took me to write this...
arwestromen - 05.12.2011 at 13:20
Music....good
lyrics....good enough
melody....Suckiest of suck
Darkside Momo - 16.12.2011 at 04:45
Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.12.2011 at 21:49

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.12.2011 at 21:38

Mehfest.

Oh man, you missed the end then, that's fucking brilliant.

One really has to wonder is Lou was happy to do that

Pages: 1 [2]

News Metallica & Lou Reed - New Song Online 10.5 26.09.2011 by enumaelis
News Metallica - Video Of 'The Other New Song' Posted Online 9 22.08.2006 by
News Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu Streaming Online In Its Entirety 9 20.10.2011 by Mad_Architect
News Metallica - New Video Online 9 02.09.2008 by Vermin
News Metallica & Lou Reed - Thirty-Second Song Sample Online 9 19.09.2011 by malaikat