According to the Rolling Stone official website, Guns N' Roses are one of the bands to be inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Class 2012, alongside Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, the Small Faces/Faces, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King will enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award for Musical Excellence.

Original guitarist Slash simply tweeted: "It's quite an honor to be inducted." Former Guns drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum have recently weighed in on a potential reunion at the Hall Of Fame ceremony on April 14th. The possibilty of a reunion in now on the mind of the founders of the classic Guns N' Roses: "It would mean so much to me," Adler said when asked by Rolling Stone about the possibility of Axl Rose showing up for a performance with his former bandmates. "I personally just want to finish what I started with those jack-offs. We started off something, let's end the career playing together, at least once."

In a separate interview by Rolling Stone, Matt Sorum when asked about the possibility of a possible reunion of the classic formation, responded: "I hope so. We're about to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, which is pretty cool, but I can't really say about another tour. It's down to Slash and Axl to patch things up."

The ceremony will be held April 14th at Cleveland's Public Hall. It will be broadcast on HBO in early May.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses

Posted: 08.12.2011 by kual21

Comments

Windrider - 08.12.2011 at 20:00
Reread the title lol
Troy Killjoy - 08.12.2011 at 20:05
*facepalm*
vezzy - 08.12.2011 at 20:10
I'm with the Sex Pistols on this one.
Valentin B - 08.12.2011 at 20:25
"I personally just want to finish what I started with those jack-offs" lol most badass reply ever to this impossibly drawn-out idea.

If they decide to get back together I'm all eyes and ears, even nowadays GnR sound pretty good live, so I imagine a full reunion would be mindblowing. The only reason I give a fuck about the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in this case is that maybe, just maybe, they might do a reunion/farewell tour or something in the original line-up.
tea[m]ster - 09.12.2011 at 00:53
How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...
Lit. - 09.12.2011 at 01:04
At least it's not anyone like..... Madonna.
*Shudders*
Void Eater - 09.12.2011 at 01:09
Written by Valentin B on 08.12.2011 at 20:25

even nowadays GnR sound pretty good live

Wut. GNR basically fat Elvis nowdays.
Troy Killjoy - 09.12.2011 at 01:27
Fact: Madonna > GNR
Captain Obvious - 09.12.2011 at 01:36
Written by tea[m]ster on 09.12.2011 at 00:53

How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...

Because Rush never gave a flying Canadian fuck about being ''popular''. In all honesty I'm kinda glad they're not in... they're too good for the RnRHOF

By the way, that place should be renamed ''The Rolling Stone Magazine Hall of Fame''
JCJen7 - 09.12.2011 at 04:55
Written by Captain Obvious on 09.12.2011 at 01:36

Written by tea[m]ster on 09.12.2011 at 00:53

How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...

I hate to steal the title away from you, but Rush is one of the most popular rock bands in history...
CharlesMiller - 09.12.2011 at 05:44
Well.. perhaps not as popular as one would think. I personally can't stand Rush. I think Rush just has a very vocal fanbase is all.
Angelic Storm - 09.12.2011 at 06:58
I personally feel that the "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" is completely irrelevant to most genuine music fans, and like any other mass media awards thingy, it really has no credibility to me as a marker of greatness at all.

Disregarding that, I feel this is the best (and maybe only) chance, for the original GnR lineup to reform. Even if it was just a one off performance for the ceremony, it'd be great to have all the original guys sharing the stage together one last time. Of course, the only barrier to this happening, is Axl, and to a lesser extent, Slash. All of the other members want the reunion to happen. Although I think Izzy would have major reservations about rejoining the band on a permanent basis. It was because of Axl's ego that he left in the first place, so... Anyways, I'll be hoping it happens...
Void Eater - 09.12.2011 at 07:14
Even if they do reunite, they'll suck, due to Axl "Grunts N' Noises" Rose being their singer.
LeChron James - 09.12.2011 at 08:00
Sure, take my news idea and publish it a half month after i submitted it. That's cool.

Also, Fuck the Rock N Roll Hall of Shame.
Doc Godin - 09.12.2011 at 08:22
Written by Void Eater on 09.12.2011 at 07:14

As far as I'm concerned, Izzy & Duff are the only ones with a shred of integrity left.

Rock N Roll hall of fame? Who gives a fuck, it's just another big circle-jerk like the Grammys.
AngelofDeth - 09.12.2011 at 08:59
Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 04:55

Written by Captain Obvious on 09.12.2011 at 01:36

Written by tea[m]ster on 09.12.2011 at 00:53

How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...

even though i dont like rush, i agree they definately deserve it.

but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted. they have the highest selling debut record of all time, not just for rock but for any genre. they are among the most popular and known rock bands of all time and to top it off they are the quintessential American Rock band.

Guns n Roses is rock n roll BOOM
AngelofDeth - 09.12.2011 at 09:02
...not sure why theyre interviewing/quoting Matt Sorum on an original line up reunion... hes not an original member. awkward.
Troy Killjoy - 09.12.2011 at 09:03
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 08:59
but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted

*is a complete fuck*
JCJen7 - 09.12.2011 at 09:14
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 08:59

Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 04:55

Written by Captain Obvious on 09.12.2011 at 01:36

Written by tea[m]ster on 09.12.2011 at 00:53

How these clowns are in and Rush is out is beyond me...

even though i dont like rush, i agree they definately deserve it.

Guns n Roses is rock n roll BOOM

are you talking about me? I never said anything of the sorts. I really couldn't care less about the rock n roll hall of mainstream-socially-OK-bands-to-be-fans-of.
AngelofDeth - 09.12.2011 at 09:25
Quote:
Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 09:14

No not at all. i was agreeing with you. i was talking bout that first guy w/e his name is that was hatin on gnr. and i dont really care bout the hall of fame either, i just felt like being an obnoxious asshole and quoting some Will Ferrell
LeChron James - 09.12.2011 at 09:44
Not like I had this idea a month ago or anything...

But yeah, fuck the Hall of Shame.
DaUndataka - 09.12.2011 at 10:08
What's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I live 50 minutes from Cleveland and I don't even recognize that phony establishment.
The Shape 1973 - 09.12.2011 at 12:40
Car crash waiting to happen.
Zaphod - 09.12.2011 at 15:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.12.2011 at 09:03

Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 08:59
but your a complete fuck if you dont think Guns n Roses deserves to be inducted

*is a complete fuck*

Marcel Hubregtse - 09.12.2011 at 16:27
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 09:02

they didn't ask him about the original line up but about the classic line-up "Matt Sorum when asked about the possibility of a possible reunion of the classic formation" There's a slight difference there, compare it to Deep Purple's original and classic line-up.
AngelofDeth - 09.12.2011 at 19:51
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.12.2011 at 16:27

Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 09:02

ohhh interesting, i didnt realize there was a difference. but its still a lil wierd b/c they also have quotes from Adler about the reunion too. anyway its prolly all talk and speculation, not gonna get my hopes up too high yet considering how much of a doosh Axl is.
Butters49 - 10.12.2011 at 05:38
Hmmm...
I dont know if they deserve it, but still pretty cool i guess; good band.

Red hot chili peppers sure as hell dont belong in there.
But I fuckin' love the Beastie Boys, fuck yeah thats awesome that they got inducted!
Ankläger - 10.12.2011 at 18:38
Written by AngelofDeth on 09.12.2011 at 19:51

a doosh Axl is.

Not sure what a "doosh" is, but if you mean "douche"... I didn't know Axl was a shower.

Edit: new G'n'R record: "I am the shower" - 'cause they've gotta compete with Metallica or something. (end of lame joke)
Troy Killjoy - 10.12.2011 at 19:54
Written by Ankläger on 10.12.2011 at 18:38

Nobody uses douche in the shower sense, much like people don't use bitch in the dog sense.
Black Conundrum - 11.12.2011 at 03:48
That Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is redundant. The bigwigs behind it basically just dote on some mainstream acts and is representative, really, of only those bigwigs' opinions. It's freaking irrelevant, really. Just like Rolling Stone magazine.
Syk - 16.12.2011 at 09:13
Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 04:55
In a certain crowd, yes, but overall? I wouldn't say Rush are THAT popular, but GnR, sadly, yes. To the guy who said GnR are the quintessential Amer rock band - so what? Rush are probably the same thing for Canadian rock. And we all know that Canada is simply better than USA (excl. a few inside USA, of course)
Doc Godin - 16.12.2011 at 10:02
Written by Syk on 16.12.2011 at 09:13

Written by JCJen7 on 09.12.2011 at 04:55

Nah, BTO are the quintessential Canadian rock band. It's incredibly hard to gauge from here how big Rush actually are. A lot of people here love them simply because they are Canadian. Whoever thinks Canadians aren't as over-zealously patriotic as Americans is full of shit.

As for who deserves to be part of this travesty they call a hall of fame, who gives a fuck? Most artists with integrity don't give a fuck about these things. Most artists who spend to much time wanking off to their own past achievements instead of focusing on creating tend to suck anyways. Should we feel insulted by what someone else here so accurately called "The Rolling Stone Magazine Hall Of Fame" not including what we think are important artists? No. Would you feel insulted for not getting invited to a big circle-jerk with a bunch of geriatrics? Nah.

Let them have their party. In the end it's how the music speaks to you, not some big-record label cocksuckers telling you what you should consider important.
JCJen7 - 16.12.2011 at 10:17
^Very valid point^
but also, I see no problem with GNR being inducted anyways. Sure, Use Your Illusions 1&2 weren't all that great, the Spaghetti Incident or whatever it was called is pretty worthless, Chinese Democracy I actually that was ok, and the 'band' has become a joke for the last 17 years or whatever, but still. Appetite For Destruction is one of the most kickass rock records in history. At least, in my opinion.

and Rush, although not THE biggest rock group, is known by just about any rock fan, if for no other reason than Tom Sawyer.
Troy Killjoy - 16.12.2011 at 21:24
Written by JCJen7 on 16.12.2011 at 10:17
Tom Sawyer.

Not by any means a fan of the band, but I still sing this in the shower.
Thyroid - 19.12.2011 at 20:16
Well, have to admit that "Appetite For Destruction" and "Use Your Illusion I & II" made HUGE impact in 80-90's. The band dominated the press, MTV, and charts.... but what comes to Gn'R nowdays I don't consider them even the same band. I don't think that RROFM role is just invite bands that are musically superb, but bands that define entire musical genre - even entire generation of youth. That said, Rush is that caliber of a band that should be invited - but they are still relevant, unlike present-Gn'R. Maybe we see that happen within 10 years period.

.... Donovan, Small Faces, Laura Nyro? Ok, I'm out of arguments.
Fradd - 19.12.2011 at 20:58
Meh
RavenKing - 20.12.2011 at 00:54
One of the lamest and shittiest band ever. Just a bunch of retarded junkies.
Anyway, glam rock is nothing else than pure douchebaggery.
Void Eater - 23.12.2011 at 03:22
Written by Syk on 16.12.2011 at 09:13

And we all know that Canada is simply better than USA

I disagree.
Troy Killjoy - 23.12.2011 at 05:11
Written by Void Eater on 23.12.2011 at 03:22
I disagree.

Cool story bro.
Void Eater - 23.12.2011 at 05:32
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.12.2011 at 05:11

Written by Void Eater on 23.12.2011 at 03:22
I disagree.

Cool story bro.

That song is one of the greatest achievements in comedy history, and I am proud to be born of the land which produced it.
Doc Godin - 23.12.2011 at 08:34
Written by Thyroid on 19.12.2011 at 20:16

It's more of who sells a lot of records. Mark my words, Justin Bieber will be in there if he is still around in 20-30 years.

Written by RavenKing on 20.12.2011 at 00:54

One of the lamest and shittiest band ever. Just a bunch of retarded junkies.
Anyway, glam rock is nothing else than pure douchebaggery.

Not really glam rock, but whatever.

Question, RavenKing, (slightly unrelated to the topic at hand) what exactly do you like? I've seen you do a lot of bitching about bands all over the forum, but you don't seem to enjoy anything. I understand there is a lot of cynicism amongst metal fans, but most people actually show signs of music appreciation as well...

News Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose Rejects Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 13.5 13.04.2012 by Loathera
News Metallica - To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 8.5 15.01.2009 by Angel_Lament
News Rush - To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 8.5 12.12.2012 by Rulatore
Albums Guns N' Roses - "The Spaghetti Incident?" 7.5 16.02.2013 by Bad English
Promotion and Ads Petition To Induct More Metal In The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 7.5 21.01.2012 by sentinel65