Swedish progressive metallers Pain Of Salvation have announced their headlining tour of Central Europe for February and March 2012. See the list of the dates announced so far below. Vocalist and guitarist Daniel Gildenlöw comments: "This trip has been odd since we all know that Johan and Fredrik are leaving the band. We are enjoying ourselves on stage in the same way a typical Swede enjoys those late fall days of bonus summer, haha. That said, we have a very interesting line-up for February."

"Daniel 'D2' Karlsson who played the bass for this tour will take over Fredrik's place behind the keyboards (he is a keyboard player from the start and played keyboards on our trip to India in 2010 - being in Pain of Salvation practically indicates that you are a multi-instrumentalist). For the bass we will have Gustaf Hielm joining, who some people might recognize as the bass player on the Road Salt tracks "Innocence" and "Deeper Cut". Others might recognize him as the Pain of Salvation bass player before the first album, or the bass player of Charta 77 and Meshuggah. I simply recognize him as arguably the best bass player I have ever heard."

"Now, the only thing left is to decide on a new guitar player. We have had tons of applications coming in from around the world (10-15 from Brazil alone!) but we still have our doors open for a few days, before we start the final auditions in mid-December. We still have three more shows together, and we will make the most of it - enjoy the ride. After that, again, we go into the wild. Calmed by the fact that our daring fans will follow, as usual. Pain of Salvation has been called the bravest band alive. Well, if so, we must indeed have the bravest fans."

Pain Of Salvation: The Road Salt Two Tour 2012 - Europe:

09.03.2012 - Gera, Germany - Comma
10.03.2012 - Weert, The Netherlands - De Bosuil
12.03.2012 - Zoetermeer, The Netherlands - De Borderij
13.03.2012 - Bochum, Germany - Zeche
14.03.2012 - Braunschweig, Germany - Meier-Music-Hall
15.03.2012 - Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle

More dates to be announced.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Pain Of Salvation
Event: Pain Of Salvation: The Road Salt Two Tour 2012 - Europe

Posted: 10.12.2011 by RcK

Comments

Valentin B - 10.12.2011 at 12:00
Waiting for BloodTears to show up and say this is not a European tour because it doesn't include Portugal. :p
BloodTears - 10.12.2011 at 12:02
Written by Valentin B on 10.12.2011 at 12:00

Here I am! I'm crying inside. They are one of my favourite bands. I hope the day between Barcelona and Milan will be filled with a show in Portugal. Otherwise, I'm gonna be miserable.

This is an European tour, just not a proper one without Portugal
Valentin B - 10.12.2011 at 12:10
Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:02

Written by Valentin B on 10.12.2011 at 12:00

This is an European tour, just not a proper one without Portugal

you could always try to get to Madrid.. it's what I would do at least :p the Spaniards always make an amazing atmosphere (as most other southern/latin peoples.. except for Romanians lol)
BloodTears - 10.12.2011 at 12:18
I like the Portuguese audience, we are unique. That's why I'm always rooting for tours to come here, because we are great with the bands. I kinda refuse to have to go to Spain. It would have to be a pretty special show for me to do that.
Vombatus - 10.12.2011 at 14:39
If it's one of your favorite bands, I think it could be worth a trip Specially coz Lisbon - Madrid is very cheap, and with the excellent metro, it's really not complicated to get to the venue.

That's just my opinion, but I also suffer from the "live in place where bands never stop" (even less than in Lisbon) and learned that travelling to other places for gigs isn't that annoying, and quite an experience. Sometimes expensive (but not usual), but if you look for cheap offers and stuff, it's totally worth seeing an awesome band
Angel_Lament - 10.12.2011 at 15:03
Well, at least the bands come to countries near you...unlike us!
Dark Blood - 10.12.2011 at 17:29
Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:18

I agree, we are a unique audience indeed my friend. But looks like our warmth wasn't enough when they were opening for Opeth. It never is...

It's a shame because, although I'm not a big fan of their music, I enjoyed the show and their performance a lot.
BloodTears - 10.12.2011 at 18:06
Written by Dark Blood on 10.12.2011 at 17:29

Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:18

Yeah. I think we deserved a headlining show, especially because it's been years and years without us having the opportunity to see them. Maybe the date will come when they announce new ones, I'm crossing my fingers.
bazinko - 10.12.2011 at 20:26
WAIT. WHAT?! I knew Johan was leaving... but Fredrik too?!?! NO!!! WHY?! This is too much! I mean... Daniel is awesome, but he and Fredrik are so good together... and Johan too... but... but... this is terrible. I am so sad...
SceneryOfLoss - 10.12.2011 at 21:21
Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:18

I'm also portuguese and I agree.
Enemy of Reality - 13.12.2011 at 18:30
Written by SceneryOfLoss on 10.12.2011 at 21:21

Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:18

I'm also portuguese and I agree.

I hope someone bring them to Lisbon in that date after Barcelona, though the show with Opeth was, imo, a little bit weak.
SceneryOfLoss - 13.12.2011 at 20:09
Written by Enemy of Reality on 13.12.2011 at 18:30

Written by SceneryOfLoss on 10.12.2011 at 21:21

Written by BloodTears on 10.12.2011 at 12:18

I'm also portuguese and I agree.

I really doubt they'll come :/

News Pain Of Salvation - North American Tour Dates Announced 10.5 10.02.2013 by 4look4rd
News Pain Of Salvation - Announce European Acoustic Tour 9 24.01.2013 by Unhealer
News Symphony X - First European Tour Dates Announced 9 09.07.2011 by Valentin B
News Pain Of Salvation - The Road Salt II Tour Dates 9 10.07.2011 by Milena
News Opeth - European Tour Dates With Pain Of Salvation 8.5 13.07.2011 by corrupt