EMI Records press release:

EMI are proud to announce the release of a new live Iron Maiden Blu-Ray, 2 DVD set and double soundtrack album on Monday, March 26th (March 27th Canada and USA (via UMe)).

En Vivo! was filmed on 10th April 2011 in front of over 50,000 ecstatic fans at the Estadio Nacional, Santiago during the Round The World In 66 Days leg of The Final Frontier World Tour, and captures a magnificent performance by the band, ardently embraced by the legendary Latino passion and energy of their Chilean fans.

The concert was filmed digitally using 22 HD cameras and an octocam (a flying camera which captures aerial crowd scenes), recorded in both stereo and 5.1 audio and mixed by Maiden's longstanding producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley.

DVD Disc Two is a bonus disc containing an 88-minute documentary, "Behind The Beast". The bonus disc also contains an extended version of the promo video "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier", a video about the making of "Satellite 15...The Final Frontier" plus the opening video sequence to The Final Frontier World Tour. In addition to the Blu-Ray, the 2 DVD will initially be available as a limited edition double DVD in collectors steel book case and double vinyl picture disc. As well as a traditional 2 CD soundtrack album, En Vivo! will also be available as a digital download, CD soundtrack album and digital download video.

En Vivo! tracklist and cover art:

DVD Disc I
Live At Estadio Nacional, Santiago (approx running time 120 mins)

01. Satellite 15
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Running Free

DVD Disc II [Bonus Disc]
Behind The Beast (approx running time 102 mins)

01. Behind The Beast documentary

Caaaaaasssshhhhhgraaaab
Troy Killjoy - 17.01.2012 at 19:40
http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=34873 ?
Angelic Storm - 17.01.2012 at 19:47
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.01.2012 at 19:40

http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=34873 ?

A few of those songs definitely would qualify for that.

I am tired of seeing "greatest hits" setlists from Maiden, but I'd rather see yet another one of them, than see a setlist like the one for this DVD...
Stratowarrior - 17.01.2012 at 19:51
Great setlist and excelent crowd down there in Santiago
BloodTears - 17.01.2012 at 19:52
I'm not buying this, that's for sure.
Unhealer - 17.01.2012 at 20:18
Flashbacks are coming to me...

"IRON MAIDEN's April 8 and April 10 concerts in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile, respectively, will be professionally filmed and recorded for a future DVD release.

In a recent interview with Chile's Futuro 88.9 FM, IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris stated about the DVD upcoming shoot, "We will record two shows. We will use footage from both concerts for the DVD."

Maybe they noticed we Argentinians are too ugly for a DVD release?
vezzy - 17.01.2012 at 20:20
Whoever made that cover sucks at Photoshop.
Mountain King - 17.01.2012 at 20:22
Pointless...
Bad English - 17.01.2012 at 20:39
Los De Abajo
AndMetalForAll - 17.01.2012 at 20:44
Great news!
moe5512 - 17.01.2012 at 21:26
Good setlist but must they really release a dvd every year?
NeverAgain - 17.01.2012 at 21:51
Written by vezzy on 17.01.2012 at 20:20

Whoever made that cover sucks at Photoshop MS Paint.

Fixed.
Milena - 17.01.2012 at 22:09
I'd drop El Dorado for me, the rest of the songs are more or less my "unusual" Maiden choices. I'll probably watch this eventually but I think it's pointless, only a really really big fan would be excited over this. I haven't even watched all their current DVDs, I have no time for that.
Danyael - 17.01.2012 at 22:40
Oh come oooon already with those live albums. jeez.
SBGMetal - 17.01.2012 at 23:11
Yea... imma jus dl it
Danyael - 17.01.2012 at 23:49
I'm kinda starting to feel sorry for all the people who swore to own the entire maiden discography lol.
@gent_-_orange - 18.01.2012 at 00:01
This DVD has no reason to exist, Well apart from the money of course.
RavenKing - 18.01.2012 at 00:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2012 at 19:37

Caaaaaasssshhhhhgraaaab

As I said recently, Maiden became the masters of cashgrab. Or should we say the masters of pointless releases?
Since Bruce's return, all they care for is money and their new albums are boring as fuck.

This band became so commercial and sold out since Bruce's return. I remember a time when Bruce said that he had left Maiden because he was "sick of all those mummies". However, what happened is Maiden's career without Bruce was a total disaster and Bruce's solo career wasn't very succesful either, so they reunited for monetary reasons.
And since that time, they release compilations, lives, DVD's and any kind of cashgrab we can imagine.
I never said on this forum and will never say that their 80s albums suck. They are classics, and rightfully so.
But damn I hate the current incarnation of this band.

By the way, no matter how many lives they release, it will never come close to "Live After Death".
RavenKing - 18.01.2012 at 00:18
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.01.2012 at 19:36

That setlist is awful...

Yeah, indeed. If you ask me, there are only 6 good songs out of the bunch.
Stabby - 18.01.2012 at 00:50
Needs more Charlotte The Harlot and less El Dorado and The Trooper. I know everyone loves The Trooper but I'm totally sick of it. I used to play in a band where we would start every practice by playing The Trooper. Never again!
tea[m]ster - 18.01.2012 at 01:36
I am both HUGE Maiden and Rush fan but they both release waaaay too many live albums...
farfaramir - 18.01.2012 at 02:27
Well, at least here in chile everyone is happy
Emgonchess - 18.01.2012 at 03:13
Certainly, I am not going to buy this. For the first time in 20 years I will skip a Maiden's album.
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 03:44
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 00:18
Yeah, indeed. If you ask me, there are only 6 good songs out of the bunch.

I'd strip out all the Final Frontier songs (aside from "El Dorado"), the boring "Blood Brothers", and "The Wicker Man". The latter is an okay song, but I feel it's very overrated, and prefer most of the other songs on "Brave New World" to it. So at least half of the setlist, I would change. If I actually went to see Maiden live, and they played that setlist, I'd be very disappointed. I definitely won't be shelling out for this DVD, which will be the first time I haven't bought a live concert DVD/video by Maiden.

And yep, "Live After Death" is untouchable, and one of the greatest live albums/videos of all time.
Dylan - 18.01.2012 at 08:38
The Talisman?? You pick that over something like Coming Home or The Man Who Would Be King from Final Frontier? The Alchemist would be a fun live song aswell.. but the Talisman? Really?

Also this blows because it lacks their best song ever, Powerslave.
Syk - 18.01.2012 at 09:24
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:44
untouchable
How say ye re: Rock in Rio? BTW, you're also able to rate Living Colour on MS

Needlessnegativity
TIYL LI
AYJPYB
W/M\W|H
GTOGRE
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 11:17
Written by Syk on 18.01.2012 at 09:24

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:44
untouchable
How say ye re: Rock in Rio? BTW, you're also able to rate Living Colour on MS

That is a great show to be sure, but I still feel that "Live After Death" is the ultimate live document of Maiden.

Back when I joined MS, Living Colour were not on the site, and I nominated them ages ago to be put here, and it's great that they are now. A very underrated band for sure.
deflektor - 18.01.2012 at 11:45
While it sounds like a caaashhhgraaab (and probably is,especially for the "new" EMI as a subsidiary of Univer$al) ,it's their third "proper" live dvd release (to promote a new album) in 10 years ,the others are: two DVDs with rarities/clips,one rerelease (for the first time in digital format) of their classic live + some rare footage and finally a documentary+a best of "golden years" in live format .
so for me (and probably some other iron maiden fans) the amount of DVDs is not too bad,3-4 "must have" and 3 "optional" releases.
Valentin B - 18.01.2012 at 12:31
Yup, it's an attempt to suck out as much money as possible out of this tour and their last album which was thoroughly disappointing. However they did release a new live album or DVD after almost each album in their history, so it was expected.

I might download and watch this for the lulz, regardless of setlist Maiden have always been one of the best live bands out there.
Lokomotiv - 19.01.2012 at 01:10
Written by farfaramir on 18.01.2012 at 02:27

Well, at least here in chile everyone is happy

well, I don't give a fuck, but yeah there are lots of people talking about it...
Lokomotiv - 19.01.2012 at 01:12
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2012 at 20:39

Los De Abajo

+1000!!!!

that stadium belongs to us! (not technically, but well...), not to shitty concerts..
Lokomotiv - 19.01.2012 at 01:19
Written by Unhealer on 17.01.2012 at 20:18

Maybe they noticed we Argentinians are too ugly for a DVD release?

well, I guess we Chileans are not the epitome of beauty, neither hehehe so you should look the reasons for your exclusion somewhere else....

Anyway, this DVD is nothing to get exited about... an old band coming in their creative bottom presenting a shitty tracklist to one of the very few countries where they still can get a massive audience, that's all... when they realized that in Europe or North America, where they had played thousands of times and no one gives a fuck about Maiden anymore, so they began touring every fucking year through Asia and South America, places they systematically ignored when they were really worthy.... but well, as Marcel said, it's all about cash...
Dr. Igore - 19.01.2012 at 18:04
Man, I'm surprised at the amount of bad reviews about this album without even hearing it.
I think you should hear it first before launching so many bad vibes
I was present at that concert, and it was amazing, because Iron Maiden is definitely the best live band in heavy metal.
And those who say the set list is bad, I say that most of the new songs was played even better than the studio original song.
You have to check it out. I'm on it!!
Troy Killjoy - 19.01.2012 at 21:31
Written by Dr. Igore on 19.01.2012 at 18:04
You have to check it out. I'm on it!!

Just because you're part of the Iron Maiden street team doesn't mean we have to check it out. >>
Nickferatu367 - 19.01.2012 at 21:51
Sigh. a lot of this set is bothersome. and can we please go a year without seeing two minutes or fear of the dark on the set?? the rest of it if not tolerable, is decent.

long story short, how about Bruce just continues to make bitchin solo albums. cause that stuff was fucking explosive.
Dr. Igore - 20.01.2012 at 16:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2012 at 21:31

Written by Dr. Igore on 19.01.2012 at 18:04
You have to check it out. I'm on it!!

I'm recommending it because I was in there, and I know how it was: Awesome!.
Great material for Maiden Fans.

If you don't like it, What is the need to crap over it?
Waste your time in something positive, dude.
RavenKing - 21.01.2012 at 00:53
Written by Dr. Igore on 20.01.2012 at 16:34

Waste your time in something positive, dude.

I leave that to blind fanboys.

News Iron Maiden - To Release New "Best Of" Compilation 9 12.03.2008 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Iron Maiden - New DVD Trailer Online 9 23.01.2012 by Icy
News Iron Maiden - New Album Almost Gold On First Day Of Release 9 27.08.2006 by
News Iron Maiden - To Release New Best Of Album 9 16.03.2011 by Dark Cornatus