Austrian symphonic metallers Edenbridge have revealed that they plan to release a new album this year. Guitarist and keyboardist Lanvall checked in with the following band update: "The past year brought a big challenge and many changes for nearly all in the band, personally and professionally, so Edenbridge had to step back into the second row temporarily. Furthermore I was struck by a family tragedy through the suicide of my father, which I had to come to terms with and still have to. Moments, where nothing is as it was before."

"These events of course will have a strong impact on our forthcoming album which is scheduled for 2012. I believe that this is going to be the most intensive album of our history. 55 minutes of music and 6 lyrics are already written and I often have goose bumps listening to the songs. Furthermore I am working on the longest epic track so far, which will be between 15 to 20 minutes. So stay tuned for the album!"

"Edenbridge are confirmed for the Castle Rock Festival on July 7th, 2012, in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany! A happy new year 2012 to all our fans!"

[Also thanks to Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edenbridge

Posted: 25.01.2012 by BudDa

Comments

3rdWorld - 25.01.2012 at 12:54
That awful thing there...

"whoever made that pic really suck at <insert that photoeditor>"

- Anonymous
mariano - 25.01.2012 at 13:39
A 20 minutes track... that usually ends up being boring.
Dark Cornatus - 25.01.2012 at 15:14
Well it would be very interesting if they intend to do a darker album (the vibe i got anyway). I can't wait to hear it! Hopefully they tour Australia, but i very much doubt it.
dismaleuphony - 25.01.2012 at 18:36
Yes, something dark in their overall sound is intriguing indeed, but more importantly however it comes out, I'm more curious how Lanvall explores his experience with this recent tragedy. This would be a great year for more of their music for me as well
Angel_Lament - 25.01.2012 at 19:44
Cool news, looking forward to this album! Hope it gets darker than what they usually do!
Black Conundrum - 26.01.2012 at 03:11
I want to hear that epic song; I'm into that sort of music. That suicide in the family is quite rough and unfortunate, though. Best wishes to these folks.
treptolemus - 27.01.2012 at 20:53
Ok, I'll wait this new album too. I have enjoyed Solitaire and My Earth Dream very much so far and soon I'll have Shine too

Hope nothing else -unfortunate- happens till the completion of the album.

News Soulitude - New Album This Year & To Become A Live Band 8.5 02.03.2007 by Baz Anderson
News Nine Inch Nails - New Album This Year, Sign With Columbia 7 30.05.2013 by undi
News Gojira - New Album Coming Later This Year 7 21.02.2008 by Nacur