US progressive/doom metallers While Heaven Wept have begun working on the band's follow-up to 2011's Fear Of Infinity and plan to record the new album in the autumn and release it in 2013.

Guitarist/vocalist Tom Phillips had the following update on the new material: "I can reveal that we have completed the music for the follow-up to Fear Of Infinity and will spend much of this year rehearsing with the intention of recording it in Autumn. It will consist of 10 brand new songs that were channeled between 2009-2011 (though one expression includes riffs dating back to 1995) and will surely once again challenge everyone's notions of what While Heaven Wept is. While extremely melodic, heartfelt, and epic, it is (in Scott Loose's words) 'intense and aggressive' - running the gamut from classic US underground metal to melodic thrash and passages of a more 'extreme' nature. Compared to Fear Of Infinity, it has a very different atmosphere and is very much 'in your face' musically, yet clearly While Heaven Wept. As far as I am aware, we're looking at an early 2013 release, but we will be including some of this material in our revamped live setlists."

Source: whileheavenwept.com
Band profile: While Heaven Wept

Posted: 10.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

Alecbirds - 11.02.2012 at 06:07
Hopefully it's better than Fear of Infinity. Oceans was awesome though.
LeChron James - 11.02.2012 at 07:08
Well at least they're gonna take some time in between albums this time. It felt like Oceans and Fear were done almost back to back with little time in between. But I could be wrong.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.02.2012 at 13:21
Written by LeChron James on 11.02.2012 at 07:08

They were actually done at the same time
LeChron James - 12.02.2012 at 05:09
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.02.2012 at 13:21

They were actually done at the same time

They were done at the same time even though they were released 2 years apart? Not that I don't believe you, I just find it weird.
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.02.2012 at 12:37
Written by LeChron James on 12.02.2012 at 05:09

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.02.2012 at 13:21

They were actually done at the same time

Yes they were, or at least most of the song were finished at the time. Tom told me about it because I was baffled about the short period of time between the two especially considering the time between all their other releases.
Btw between Fear and VOL, it's actually 1 year and 5 months.
Daggon - 16.02.2012 at 06:07
I hope it will be better than "Fear Of Infinity", it was kinda... well, you know, meh... compared with their awesome works they've done in the past.

News While Heaven Wept - New Album Cover Art And More Unveiled 10.5 07.08.2014 by John Shock
News While Heaven Wept - Issue New Album Update 10.5 28.11.2013 by Rodney
News While Heaven Wept - Unveil New Album Title, Release This Year 10.5 11.02.2014 by Carl Berg
News While Heaven Wept - New Song Online 9 28.03.2011 by Dargor
News While Heaven Wept - Entire Live Album And DVD Clips Streaming 9 09.11.2010 by Enemy of Reality