UK gothic metallers Paradise Lost are offering a special Valentine's gift. The pleasant gift is a possibility to download the new song "Crucify" today from this location. All you have to do is provide an email address. The song is taken from the band's upcoming album Tragic Idol, scheduled for release via Century Media on April 23rd in Europe and April 24th in North America. More album details were previously reported here and here.

The vocalist of the band, Nick Holmes, had this story to tell about the song: "My father always used to say that typical life stresses were crucifying him, I always thought it was such a dramatic way of stating that. He was just uncomfortable with a situation that would soon be remedied. I also refer to an actual person as a literal crucifixion at the end, the words 'for eternity you're my sentence' is my favorite line on the whole album."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Paradise Lost

Posted: 14.02.2012 by Array

Comments

Kenos - 14.02.2012 at 13:01
Well, can't really say it's a bad song.

I don't think the new album will reach the same level of "Faith.." though - that one was a huge surprise and one of the best goth metal albums I've ever heard.
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.02.2012 at 13:18
Incredibly boring song. Sounds like a discarded Icon era b-side. Shame since the previous album was by fare their best since Draconian Times
Kenos - 14.02.2012 at 13:46
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2012 at 13:18

Yeah, definitely. "Faith" was incredible, I mean, after almost 15 years of average-at-best albums it was a really solid work.
Now, considering that all PL albums are very "uniform" and that this song sounds a bit recycled, I guess they're going back to their usual standards...
Deadmeat - 14.02.2012 at 17:08
Nice production. nice song too with great leads and solos by mackintosh but i didnt like so much the verse. i hope that there will be much better songs on the album!
Slayer666 - 14.02.2012 at 20:31
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2012 at 13:18

Sounds like a discarded Icon era b-side.

Not really, Icon b-sides sound great.
Case in point: "Sweetness"

Not that I think it's a bad song. Nothing mind-blowing though, and I did expect better. I dunno, will wait for the rest of the album.
ryche76 - 14.02.2012 at 23:34
I wouldn't say it is one of the best songs I have heard from PL but I think it is one that will keep most fans interested to hear the rest of the album in 2 months time. I couldn't see them doing another album like "Host" so I will be waiting to hear the rest of "Tragic Idol" with much enthusiasm
Mr.Wilson - 15.02.2012 at 01:41
Nothing Mind-Blowing but i kinda like it:) it has a Old-school PL feeling:)
ravendeath - 16.02.2012 at 21:57
Mr. Mackintosh has done an amazing job here, like in old times. Otherwise this song is pretty similar to what's been heard on Faith... I like it!
JohnDoe - 16.02.2012 at 23:57
I thought it was pretty good.
Faithless Martyr - 17.02.2012 at 14:52
Yeah, nice song but... I don't like "Crucify" that much. Something is missing, you know... I hope it is just an average track from "Tragic Idol" or I feel I will be kinda disappointed... I need at least 5 songs way better than "Crucify".

News Anathema - New Song Available For Download 9 16.02.2012 by
News Bonded By Blood - New Song Available For Download 8.5 05.05.2012 by Truemetaljope
News Megadeth - New Song Available For Download 8.5 22.11.2006 by Spyroid
News Asrai - New Album Details, Song Available For Download 8.5 06.11.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Caliban - New Song Available For Download 8.5 07.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy