"Valentine", the new video from German gothic metallers Xandria has premiered and is now available for viewing below. The song is off the band's upcoming album entitled Neverworld's End, scheduled for a February 22nd release via Napalm Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Xandria

Posted: 14.02.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Permafrost - 14.02.2012 at 20:48
First thing that comes to mind; Nightwish. Nevertheless, great song.
Sanzo - 14.02.2012 at 21:41
Written by Permafrost on 14.02.2012 at 20:48

First thing that comes to mind; Nightwish. Nevertheless, great song.

GET OUT OF MY HEEEEEAD
Draugen - 14.02.2012 at 21:47
Yeah, extremely similar to the Century Child/Once-era of Nightwish.
Stabby - 14.02.2012 at 23:58
Pretty good song, talented and lovely singer, good band in general. And it's not like Nightwish sound like this anymore so I'm welcoming this album. I also appreciate that the subject matter for the song and the date of release coincide, this is a good example of how having too much time on yours hands should be handled

A little bit off topic: Is it a rule that all Symphonic Gothic Metal videos have to be shot in old, abandoned houses in Europe? Is there some sort of penalty for not doing it? Do they lose their ouija board and crystal ball privileges for a month or something?
AngelofDeth - 15.02.2012 at 01:39
This has to be the most epic Valentine ever hahaha... i like it
Angel_Lament - 15.02.2012 at 01:46
Awesome song and video, didn't expect this to come from Xandria, and the vocalist is so talented that it covers the fact she's replacing Lisa...can't wait for the album now!
4look4rd - 15.02.2012 at 02:19
I'm very excited for this album. I think Xandria is now the example of a band that is not particularly creative but its capable of executing a formula very well. This totally reminds me of late 90's/early 00's female fronted metal.

Good to see a band going back to the roots of the genre ranther them conforming to the new mediocre standard.
Dark Blood - 15.02.2012 at 06:41
Now this is a good surprise. Looks like this vocalist "forced" them to take another path, and I'm glad they did. I lost my interest in them after the release of India and haven't followed anything since then. But this song can change things.

Century Child is right.
mariano - 15.02.2012 at 17:31
Yeah, the true symphonic metal is reborn!
I'm so glad.
Mega Wolf - 15.02.2012 at 21:01
Can't help but think this is the song Nightwish could have written if they either didn't let Tarja go or something or didn't start to suck. Still, amazing song!
Pandore - 16.02.2012 at 21:19
I'm usually not a fan of Nightwish-like bands, but I must admit Xandria have something going for them, even if it's not very original. They're not the best band ever, but I find them charming, I don't know why, and they have (had?) their own sound.

However, this new song sounds A LOT like Nightwish (especially with the new singer), which is kinda disappointing, but at the same time it's pretty good, so I'm very curious about the upcoming album. I will definitely check it out. Sounds like a new era in their career.
dismaleuphony - 17.02.2012 at 00:03
This sounded awesome when they played it at Metal Female Voices last year, and even better now that it's in video & studio form. The old symphonic metal sound is alive again!
The Shape 1973 - 17.02.2012 at 12:38
Ring, ring....ring,ring

Manuela; Hello
Caller; Hello this is Tuomas Holopainen, I think I've made a terrible mistake.

News Xandria - Lyric Video For New Song Online 9 03.04.2014 by R Lewis
News Xandria - New Album Samples And Video Trailer Online 9 02.02.2012 by Justicelust
News Gotthard - New Video Online 5.5 05.05.2012 by Bad English