British atmospheric rockers Anathema have announced on their official Facebook page that the new track "The Beginning And The End" is now available for download at their label Kscope's website, provided you give an email address. The track comes off their forthcoming new album, Weather Systems, which will be released in April. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Anathema

Posted: 16.02.2012 by Angel_Lament

Comments

Kenos - 16.02.2012 at 13:25
Very nice song!
BloodTears - 16.02.2012 at 13:26
I agree. This is why I love Anathema, their music is just pure beauty. If the whole album is along these lines, I'll be happy.
InnerSelf - 16.02.2012 at 13:51
Emotional as always
Forsaken_BA - 16.02.2012 at 14:07
Kscope message!

The server is very busy due to high demand. Please wait a few hours before trying again.:mad:
FrankOosterhuis - 16.02.2012 at 14:22
Also on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIQGpl0NiY
Unhealer - 16.02.2012 at 15:10
Beautiful track!
Seems they are going for the same formula used in the previous album, I like it.
Mr.Wilson - 16.02.2012 at 15:48
Just Beautiful! vincent's voice is better than ever:)
JD - 16.02.2012 at 15:50
Not bad.
White Winter Sun - 16.02.2012 at 17:42
Song downloaded and I must say that I really enjoyed what I have heard. This new song sounds really good. I'm looking forward to listen to more stuff from Weather Systems.
jsoft - 16.02.2012 at 18:25
Simply beautiful...
Nefarious - 16.02.2012 at 18:35
Wow! Let's hope the rest of the album lives up to this standard.
Bleeding angel - 16.02.2012 at 19:29
Silence is raging once again
Cynic Metalhead - 16.02.2012 at 19:29
With this song I would like to say( at this moment) A very good night to all.
Mr. Doctor - 16.02.2012 at 19:46
At first I was "meh"... but on 2:30 or so I went "woa". Nice track... Hopefully the whole album will have this quality and be better than the last one that left me indifferent.
Dark Blood - 16.02.2012 at 21:27
Written by BloodTears on 16.02.2012 at 13:26

I totally agree with you. Another piece of beautiful art created by Anathema. If the whole album is along these lines I'll have an eargasm every song.

Nicely put guitar solo btw. Wasn't expecting it coming from them. I like it a lot.
Lethean - 16.02.2012 at 21:31
Well after their last album I realy lost my hope in them, but now it seems Anathema heading to old days, this couldn't be better,hope the whole album will be like this.
ravendeath - 16.02.2012 at 22:28
Pure emotion, pure Anathema!
InnerSelf - 16.02.2012 at 22:34
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.02.2012 at 19:46

Dunno, I found the previous one to be inspired and beautiful
Mr. Doctor - 16.02.2012 at 22:35
Written by InnerSelf on 16.02.2012 at 22:34
Dunno, I found the previous one to be inspired and beautiful

For me it was quite a notable stepdown from the beautiful "A Natural Disaster".
It has been a while since I heard it so I might give it another try soon. But I remember being dissapointed.
InnerSelf - 16.02.2012 at 22:40
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.02.2012 at 22:35

Written by InnerSelf on 16.02.2012 at 22:34
Dunno, I found the previous one to be inspired and beautiful

For me it was quite a notable stepdown from the beautiful "A Natural Disaster".

It's quite different from "A Natural Disaster" but equally good imo
idleblood - 16.02.2012 at 22:46
Whole day i did listen to a one single song all along.... never disappoints with ANATHEMA!!
SceneryOfLoss - 16.02.2012 at 23:37
Beautiful!
tirim4 - 17.02.2012 at 00:17
Promising, very promising.
Black Conundrum - 17.02.2012 at 08:58
I just bought their album Judgement, and it's on the way to my PO Box. I can't wait to receive it. I will be interested in this album as well, but I'm going to wait until later on to listen to the this available song; I don't do much downloading.
RaVeN - 17.02.2012 at 09:52
I think it's fair to say that anathema are heading in a new direction (post rock or atmospheric rock) call it whatever you want and they'll
probably never go back to what defined them into one of my favourite bands. The last album was quite a big disappointment , i only liked the first track - Thin air. The same goes for this song. The guitar solo is nice, but apart from that the song is very average.
Lethean - 18.02.2012 at 13:00
Written by RaVeN on 17.02.2012 at 09:52

But totally this song is much better than their last album, it was such big disappointing.
RaVeN - 19.02.2012 at 19:41
Written by Guest on 18.02.2012 at 13:00

Written by RaVeN on 17.02.2012 at 09:52

Yeah, i think they should experiment more, try and fit in different elements in their songs. Taking it from the last album , all the songs are starting to sound the same. I understand that a band cannot stick to the same style of music throughout a career and so i just hope this new album will be something new, something better. A Natural Disaster was a good album in my opinion. They took element of psychedelic /experimental rock (radiohead style) and it worked for them. But the most important thing is they added that anathema "touch" to it. That 'dark' atmospheric touch that defines anathema. It's definitely what's missing from the last album and this new song rides along the same lines for me. I hope the rest of this album will be better.
Lethean - 19.02.2012 at 21:00
This is exactly what I meant dude. Especially their dark touch,not only did their last album lack this dark touch, but also their words were so irretating. Such as "we're not just a moment in time..." Were they serious ? This is poking fun at their old fans including me, I know the real Anathma by Shroud of False, not by motivating or preaching words. They fell through the lyrics in their last album
Lethean - 19.02.2012 at 21:02
And consider that creativity is another issue
tea[m]ster - 24.02.2012 at 00:45
Written by Guest on 18.02.2012 at 13:00

WHAT! Them's is fighting words! I think it's their best release to date and worried that the new one won't meet expectations!
Lethean - 24.02.2012 at 00:54
Let' see we'll talk about it after their release dude
tea[m]ster - 24.02.2012 at 04:00
Written by Guest on 24.02.2012 at 00:54

Let' see we'll talk about it after their release dude

You're on! Now we have to wait! In the meantime I think I'll go play some "We're Here Because We're Here".
Lethean - 24.02.2012 at 06:54
I kinda should admit that somehow their musical form has imropved but it wasn't the noble Anathma that I knew.And I rather sing with Natural Disaster
RaVeN - 26.02.2012 at 22:03
Written by Guest on 24.02.2012 at 06:54

I read an interview somewhere before they released the last album and they said that the dark anathema era is over and they will be moving in
a new direction.Too bad for me, i was hoping for another masterpiece like judgement or Alternative 4 but i don't think they'll ever top that up now.
Let's just wait and see. Fingers crossed!!

News Paradise Lost - Offer Valentine's Gift, New Song Available For Download 9 14.02.2012 by
News Cavalera Conspiracy - New Song Available For Free Download 8.5 09.02.2011 by neshter
News Caliban - New Song Available For Download 8.5 07.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Asrai - New Album Details, Song Available For Download 8.5 06.11.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 8.5 14.09.2012 by Daniell