Black Sabbath have posted another update on their Facebook page. Black Sabbath will not perform at any of the planned European shows, EXCEPT for the Download Festival. Black Sabbath's cancelled dates will be replaced by an "Ozzy & Friends" show, consisting of Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Zakk Wylde, and Slash at selective shows.

Tony is apparently making excellent progress, and work on the album is continuing.

The full message, plus tour dates are as follows:

"Black Sabbath - who late last year confirmed the recording of their first new album in more than 33 years and a worldwide headlining tour - have had to put some plans on hold due to Tony Iommi's battle with lymphoma. At this time, Black Sabbath will perform only one show of this summer's previously scheduled European tour. It will take place Sunday, June 10 at the U.K.'s Download Festival.

So as not to let the promoters and fans down, Ozzy Osbourne will now perform the majority of the previously scheduled Black Sabbath dates (both festival performances and the headlining shows) billed as Ozzy & Friends. These "first ever" Ozzy & Friends shows will feature appearances by "special guest" musicians including Geezer Butler (who will join Ozzy for a special Black Sabbath set as a show of respect and support to their friend, Tony Iommi) and longtime former Ozzy band member Zakk Wylde. In addition, Ozzy will be accompanied by longtime collaborator and friend Slash at select shows, with other "special guests" set to join the tour at various stops along the way.

Tony Iommi continues to make excellent progress and is looking forward to getting back out on the road. Meanwhile, Black Sabbath continue to write and record music in the U.K. for their upcoming album. More information about these dates and Black Sabbath's recording and touring plans is forthcoming."

The 2012 tour dates are as follows:

Sun 7/1 - Athens, Greece - Rockwave Festival - Terra

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 17.02.2012 by Baz Anderson

Comments

Milena - 17.02.2012 at 23:16
So, if he is making excellent progress, why are they cancelling all shows? I thank the hypothetical heavenly ruler for trusting my instinct and not rushing to buy the ticket at once, now I'm not sorry I won't have it 'cos I won't be going to this.
LordFezzington - 17.02.2012 at 23:18
And so the 'reunion' continues to fall apart...anyone surprised?
BrightNight - 17.02.2012 at 23:31
This is really bringing me down. I had high hopes of seeing them again.

Anyway....the most important thing right now is for Tony to get better and well soon. Its not weird to cancel tours if you have cancer.
im glad Black Sabbath is focusing on making the record so lets be happy about that....i geuss. Let us hope Bill Ward will return when a solution is made about their contract issues.

Seeing Ozzy and friends is not nearly the same as the mighty four but still great ofcourse.
SBGMetal - 18.02.2012 at 00:29
Can u say "refunds"
Milena - 18.02.2012 at 00:30
Written by BrightNight on 17.02.2012 at 23:31

I admire your optimism but sadly I don't think that will happen.
Unhealer - 18.02.2012 at 01:47
What a bummer. I feel sorry for the guys that were planning to attend just for Sabbath.
Are they really forcing you to go to the show? I hope they give people the chance of a refund

Ozzy should play only (well, mostly) Sabbath songs at least, as an apology.
Iron Nostarion - 18.02.2012 at 02:10
Well, this is disappointing.
Doc Godin - 18.02.2012 at 03:43
Written by Milena on 18.02.2012 at 00:30

Written by BrightNight on 17.02.2012 at 23:31

I admire your optimism but sadly I don't think that will happen.

Yeah, the sad truth. In reality, they're going to hire on some gun for hire behind the kit, and the mainstream masses will still lap it up because they put the Black Sabbath name on it.

Props to anyone joining the Black Sabbath boycott until they bring back Bill Ward.
M C Vice - 18.02.2012 at 04:26
Written by Milena on 17.02.2012 at 23:16

So, if he is making excellent progress, why are they cancelling all shows?

His health is improving well, but he's not yet well enough to perform a full show on stage or do a lenghthy tour.
Rulatore - 18.02.2012 at 05:05
I hope they give a chance of refund. I imagine all the people who already bought tickets just to see them
Carl Berg - 18.02.2012 at 05:13
Damn it, the reason I wanted to go to Graspop was to see the great Black Sabbath reunite... But nothing would give me greater grief than Tony collapsing on stage. Heal well, my friend, we all know how hard you tried!
NocturnalStalker - 18.02.2012 at 05:22
Just great... I'm glad I didn't rush to get a ticket.
Ace Frawley - 18.02.2012 at 05:48
I would have liked to have seen Black Sabbath in 1974 but not now.
BloodTears - 18.02.2012 at 10:22
Freaking soap opera.
Milena - 18.02.2012 at 11:34
Written by M C Vice on 18.02.2012 at 04:26

Which is why they should have cancelled the shows as soon as they found out he had cancer, it's absurd to think an older man could perform a whole tour while being sick of cancer. But they didn't and I think I know why.
Storchillarn - 18.02.2012 at 12:22
This is bad but what's even worse is that Slash will have some part in this.
M C Vice - 18.02.2012 at 13:28
Written by Milena on 18.02.2012 at 11:34

Written by M C Vice on 18.02.2012 at 04:26

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
.Nick - 18.02.2012 at 15:19
Not a surprise, but it still sucks.
Valentin B - 18.02.2012 at 15:37
That's a shame, Iommi is imo one of the best guitarists in the world and no-one can truly replace him, he's the most important Sabbath member of all, without him the band would be nothing. However I won't deny I always wanted to see Ozzy's band play live, hadn't had that chance just yet.
Xim - 19.02.2012 at 14:55
Well as a bassist at least I can be happy about Geezer Butler still playing. I'm still not seeing them live though. Hopefully they'll have the proper line-up on the actual album, and that Sabbath will have a show near me so I can go see them.
TheBigRossowski - 19.02.2012 at 19:15
Pissed. That's all I can say.
Fat & Sassy! - 20.02.2012 at 04:44
Ozzy and Friends? By the looks of it, THEY AIN'T NO FRIENDS OF MINE. D:<
The Shape 1973 - 20.02.2012 at 11:14
To cancel the tour Tony must be quite bad. I remember them saying RJD was getting better, then they announced that he had died. I hope this is not the case this time.

It looks now as though the whole thing is doomed to failure. Not just because of the ego/contract problems, but the old age and health of those taking part. How come the Rolling Stones keep going so long? Berocca tablets probably.
Warman - 21.02.2012 at 11:16
I suddenly feel overjoyed that I didn't buy a ticket!

News Black Sabbath - European Tour Dates Announced 9 08.04.2013 by Sangre Sani
News Black Sabbath - N. American Shows Announced, Ozzy Admits Relapse 7.5 16.04.2013 by cossaisVendeurs
News Black Sabbath - Australian Tour Dates Announced 7.5 31.10.2012 by Machiavelli
News Ozzy Osbourne - Takes Legal Action Against Tony Iommi 7.5 30.05.2009 by Elio
Reviews Black Sabbath - Paranoid 6 31.03.2008 by IronBlackZepp