Dutch symphonic metal act Epica has been uploading teasers of the new song "Monopoly On Truth" over the past weeks, adding a new layer of music with each upload. Now the final layer has been added and the complete song can be heard in the video below. "Monopoly On Truth" comes off Epica's new effort Requiem For The Indifferent, to be released on March 9th in Europe and March 13th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records.

The band posted the following message on their website: "For the past seven weeks we've tried to tease you to death with our unique layer-by-layer teaser concept. But this has come to an end now... next week you will all have a copy of Requiem For The Indifferent in your hands or will be playing it continuously in your CD-player! So to live through another week we'll give you the whole opening song "Monopoly On Truth". You already heard drums, bass, guitars, keys, choirs and vocals but still there is something more we have to offer and that is the great guitar-solo of Isaac Delahaye! Enjoy!"

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica

Posted: 05.03.2012 by Unhealer

Comments

CDbile - 05.03.2012 at 20:22
I think I like it.
Unhealer - 05.03.2012 at 20:33
It's ok. I read that this one and "Storm The Sorrow" are classic Epica songs, then on the 4th track you start noticing there is a more progressive approach on the record.
This site is streaming "Infernal Warfare", but I don't know how did they get a hold of this one... This one really sounds more progressive.
Dargor - 05.03.2012 at 20:55
I do like what I hear. Many interesting sounds and twists. Hope the album is as good as this song.
Dark Blood - 05.03.2012 at 21:35
Pretty nice song. Specially considering that they've been teasing us like hell uploading it each time a new instrument was added to the production lol.

Although I'm not that surprised about what I've heard on the album so far, I know they tend to release the "weakest" songs as singles. So I'm not worried.
Dark†SymphonY - 05.03.2012 at 22:03
Now this is more like it, definitely better than Storm the Sorrow. The second half of the song is great.
Rulatore - 05.03.2012 at 22:32
Quite good song, still not convinced. I like Simone's vocals on this one
AngelofDeth - 06.03.2012 at 05:38
Great song. a lil skeptical after Storm the Sorrow but this song is Classic Epica with enough twists to keep me happy.

Definitely see what they mean by the "more raw" sound of the this album. the symphonic stuff didnt truly take hold til near the end.
AngelofDeth - 06.03.2012 at 06:45
The album leaked. its good shit. definitely heavy, thrashy, symphonic stuff a bit stripped down to the background mostly. operatic vox completely gone but simoes voice remains strong. so far lovin it.
The Shape 1973 - 06.03.2012 at 10:12
This and Xandria all in a few weeks, nice. I have also continued filling my After Forever catalogue this month. Its been a good few weeks.
Edmund Fogg - 06.03.2012 at 16:19
Great song Epica in all it's glory. I hope the rest of the album is the same vein.
alfrede110 - 06.03.2012 at 17:42
Good song, however I guess the solo doesn't fit the symphonic style of the whole song. reminds me of heavy metal solos. Anyway, waiting for the whole to come!
Unhealer - 06.03.2012 at 18:25
Written by AngelofDeth on 06.03.2012 at 06:45

I heard it too. Did you also get "Serenade Of Self-Destruction" as a instrumental?
There are some choirs, but the song should have growls and Simone solo singing for what I've read.
annodomini - 06.03.2012 at 20:21
Written by Unhealer on 06.03.2012 at 18:25

Written by AngelofDeth on 06.03.2012 at 06:45

Same thing here. But judging that Flac's are also leaked, I believe it's the original version.
mariano - 06.03.2012 at 20:30
Not bad, yet guitars sound mediocre to me, like they lack distortion or something

Maybe it's matter of equipment (pedals, amps or even strings) or simply it's the result of a poor mixing/mastering -which it's difficult to believe coming from a band that shouldn't have problems with the budget. I got the exact same impression with their previous releases anyway.
Unhealer - 06.03.2012 at 20:50
Written by annodomini on 06.03.2012 at 20:21

If the problem is with the printed cds then this is big

News Enslaved - Another New Song Online 7 17.09.2012 by Fredd
News Lux Occulta - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 18.02.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Emeth - Another New Song Online 7 08.03.2008 by Unconsecrated
News Suicide Silence - Another New Song Online 7 21.06.2011 by Mr. Doctor
News Meshuggah - Another New Song Online 7 17.02.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!

Hits total: 2062 | This month: 26