Alessandro Conti has been revealed as the singer of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. The band released a video featuring excerpts from the upcoming album and issued this statement: "Hi to all, today, March 30th 2012, is a great and very important day for our band. We are finally proud to present the new singer of LT'S Rhapsody to the world, the person who, thanks to his unique vocal talent, will contribute to the artistic perspectives of the band in the years to come. The secret is finally revealed: the new singer is Italian and his name is Alessandro Conti."

Luca Turilli commented: "Alessandro is the singer of our band since many months already but we wanted to present him in the way he deserves, and this means: through his voice! For this 11th Rhapsody album we wanted to have a singer able to sing in different ways and offering different 'colors'. Such ability is fundamental for me as in every Rhapsody album I like to compose different styles of songs, passing from the most cinematic and epic impact of some songs to the operatic majesty of other ones, from celestial voices to more aggressive tones. Alessandro was just the best choice in this sense as, in between the multitude of all his vocal colors, he has a great high tone but also an operatic approach that makes the difference. He studied at the 'Corale Lirica Rossini' of Modena as first tenor, the same school attended by the great and unforgettable Luciano Pavarotti."

The first official statement of Alessandro as member of the band: "I am very enthusiastic to be the new voice of Rhapsody and the person the band was searching for. Ascending To Infinity is just an amazing piece of art and maybe not even the word Epic is enough to describe its emotional power... what is sure is that I am really proud to be part of it. Now I am looking forward to meeting all the existing and new Rhapsody fans around the world. See you soon!"

Source: ltrhapsody.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli

Posted: 30.03.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Milena - 30.03.2012 at 22:02
Quite an nice voice (it was about time we had some male operatic vocals in metal and not just the female which are getting on my nerves), but with this music behind... nah, not really interested. Just sounds funny instead of powerful.
BlindToNegotiate - 30.03.2012 at 23:20
Conti's voice reminds me a bit of Kai Hansen's voice from early Helloween!

Not Bad!
opeth771 - 30.03.2012 at 23:28
He sounds like a mix of Kai Hansen and Fabio Leone... Interesting..
JPR - 30.03.2012 at 23:38
"For this 11th Rhapsody "... i thougt that the one who was realising their 11th album was the other Rhapsody... Of Fire
Stabby - 31.03.2012 at 00:32
Written by Milena on 30.03.2012 at 22:02

Totally agree (imagine that, we almost never agree...) I have been hoping that Luca Turilli was going to do something really epic but things have been getting a lot more silly and unabashedly cheese. Some people are definitely going to wonder what I mean by that because everything Turilli has ever done has sounded cheesy, but there is a finesse to it and he has been losing it. Power Of The Dragonflame was an incredible album and Rhapsody had all sorts of very memorable and catchy songs for so long, and they have had good songs on all of their albums but the quality keeps diminishing.

But damn that guy can sing. It is rare that someone lives up to rule 16 of power metal: 16. If at all possible, be Michael Kiske! Props. I'll definitely be listening to this album at least once, and Rhapsody Of Fire's new album when it comes out, but I am disappoint...
Carl Berg - 31.03.2012 at 03:00
Sounds like Helloween, I want Fabio Lione back!!!
chronic-headache - 31.03.2012 at 04:48
I prefer this guy over Fabio
As much as I love Rhapsody (or whatever they are called now) I will be keeping a VERY close watch on this
Baz Anderson - 31.03.2012 at 05:20
Yeh, 11th album? You were the one that left Rhapsody!!
LeChron James - 31.03.2012 at 09:26
The plot thickens...
DieH@rd - 31.03.2012 at 13:25
New singer is great. I cant wait to hear new album.
ndawkn - 31.03.2012 at 13:46
11th album? Will both of them claim to be the real Rhapsody from now on? Wasn't that supposed to be a friendly split-up?
The Shape 1973 - 01.04.2012 at 12:17
Not Olaf Hayer then?
RavenKing - 01.04.2012 at 21:20
The new singer sounds great.
Kallis Helmi - 02.04.2012 at 02:08
Rhapsody or not Rhapsody? Luca Turilli says that: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=391215387564000.

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 12 31.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Update On New Album 10.5 30.12.2011 by Truemetaljope
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Trailer For Upcoming Release Online 10.5 16.11.2011 by DieH@rd
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Cover Unveiled 10.5 27.02.2012 by Windrider
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Announce New Drummer 9 21.04.2012 by csiga