Swedish heavy/power metallers Sabaton have confirmed line-up changes. Four members have departed with only Pär Sundström and Joakim Brodén remaining from the previous line-up and the band is currently searching for a keyboardist. The band also released a video presenting the new members.

The following statement was posted on the band's official website: "To end all rumors that Sabaton will stop touring, or even act/perform as a band, we can now present that Sabaton's new lineup will be as follows:

Joakim Brodén - Vocals
Pär Sundström - Bass
Chris Rörland - Guitars
Thobbe Englund - Guitars
Robban Bäck - Drums

"At the moment we are still searching for a keyboard player. Until we have found the right guy we will still have Daniel Myhr with us, in digital form, since he has specially recorded all keyboards for us to use on tour. Therefore, we are not cancelling any shows at all - the war machine of Sabaton will go on just as planned! The MKII of Sabaton is ready for the next chapter... To meet the new members for the first time, please have a look at this video."

Source: sabaton.net
Band profile: Sabaton

Posted: 02.04.2012 by csiga

Comments

Unhealer - 02.04.2012 at 20:50
What? This sounds like April Fools.
Bad English - 02.04.2012 at 21:20
Far north in the woods , where?
Stabby - 02.04.2012 at 21:30
The background music was so loud I could barely hear them. Compound that with their Swedish accents. Whaaaaa? Oh well I haven't listened to Sabaton in a while, probably an improvement.

What-ever. As long as Joakim is in the band I'm not too perturbed by this. Unless the music quality deteriorates that is. We will see.
The Shape 1973 - 02.04.2012 at 21:35
Bit of a slaughter. Record companies doing or a vocalist with an ego?
timmoe - 02.04.2012 at 22:01
Oh no, now there are both two Christoffer Rörland (it's the same guy as in Nocturnal Rites) and two Thorbjörn Englund (the same guy as in Winterlong) here on MS...
psykometal - 02.04.2012 at 22:09
At least Joakim didn't ditch out. He's what makes the band so epic. Otherwise they would be just like when Nightwish kicked Tarja out...
Abattoir - 02.04.2012 at 22:18
That's quite of reconstruction...
Valentin B - 02.04.2012 at 22:31
It's not the same Sabaton... I hope this incarnation of the band is better :p
Truemetaljope - 03.04.2012 at 00:15
Same thing if same singer.
Angel_Lament - 03.04.2012 at 01:53
Sounds bad, hope it doesn't reflex bad on their sound....
Warman - 03.04.2012 at 10:36
I have a feeling that whenever so many members leave at the same time, it means someone in the band is a total asshole/diva. I'd put my money on Jocke Brodén.
FeskarN - 03.04.2012 at 12:02
Written by Warman on 03.04.2012 at 10:36

Indeed. It would be intressting to hear why 4 members leave at the same time and they didn't even tell us why. I have a feeling it was about money in the end.
AtrumHiberna - 03.04.2012 at 13:16
Besides all the theories I've read here, I want to add that the background song sounds awesome, hope Carolus Rex will be a good album
arwestromen - 03.04.2012 at 14:07
This sucks....but I wonder why so many of them left...at the same time???? money, ego, musical differences, tour scheduel?...heard that the new tour will last two years so maby that's why the other guys left....hopefully it's not about money or that only one guy makes the music
arwestromen - 03.04.2012 at 14:07
Malaghost - 03.04.2012 at 19:44
April fools.
Cuca Beludo - 03.04.2012 at 21:17
Sounds WAAAAYYY bad. If their music saty the same catchy heavy/power, that's ok...
Warman - 04.04.2012 at 14:27
Just heard the swedish version of the Carolus Rex song. For the first time I'm really psyched for a new Sabaton release.

News The Amenta - Part Ways With Two Members, Replacements Announced 8.5 16.09.2009 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Koldbrann - Part Ways With Two Members, Replacements Announced 8.5 15.07.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Spiritual Beggars - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced & New Song Sample Online 8.5 07.06.2010 by Jan
News Epica - Part Ways With Bassist, Replacement Announced 7.5 25.03.2012 by Unhealer
News Pathosray - Part Ways With Guitarist, Replacement Announced 7 09.09.2010 by demonsarising