Horror webzine Bloody Digusting are proud to announce the exclusive premiere of US goregrinder Cattle Decapitation's music video for "Kingdom Of Tyrants".

Comments singer Travis Ryan: "We've kicked around the idea of doing a mini-film out of a song that has a big intro for years now and when I saw Mitch Massie's work on one of our friends' videos, we knew he would be the one to pull it off. We had no idea he would bring it to a level such as this though. The "Kingdom Of Tyrants" mini-film completely leveled our expectations. Having given him director styles I would have liked to see used such as Matthew Barney, Harmony Korine and Ridley Scott, I still never assumed we would have received something so in line with what we had in mind for this as what you see here with this video. It's disturbing. It's thought-provoking. Its 100% CATTLE DECAPITATION and in the direction we've been heading. Massie is the man and this is by far the best video we've ever had the pleasure to be a part of."

"Kingdom Of Tyrants" comes off the band's upcoming album Monolith Of Humanity, due out on May 4th in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, May 7th throughout the rest of Europe and the 8th in North America. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: bloody-disgusting.com
Band profile: Cattle Decapitation

Posted: 23.04.2012 by Azoic

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 23.04.2012 at 20:33
That Occupation Domination 2012 Tour looks sick.

That being said, this is not what I listen to Cattle Decap for. I mean, kudos for changing drastically or whatever, and the video's all artsy and macabre and stuff... but this song is garbage. It's basically three-and-a-half minutes of an acoustic intro that builds up a technical/brutal death metal tune. Almost no grind elements left in the mix and the terribly weak and out-of-place clean vocals strip the song of the atmosphere it spent over three minutes on establishing.

I'm already disappointed with this album and it hasn't even been released.
!J.O.O.E.! - 23.04.2012 at 20:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.04.2012 at 20:33

I'm already disappointed with this album and it hasn't even been released.

It's leaked though. Unless that's what you meant.
Troy Killjoy - 23.04.2012 at 20:53
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.04.2012 at 20:49
It's leaked though. Unless that's what you meant.

Wasn't aware, although I doubt I'll even bother downloading it. Will wait for more Youtube tracks to see if it sparks any interest. As it stands I'm pretty much just writing this album off entirely.
Tristus Scriptor - 23.04.2012 at 22:22
Short, bonehead version: WTF? This is sick!
Elaborated version: We are all complex entities with rational and irrational tastes that are born through a series of experiences and personal analyzation. This band may be incorporating some new sounds, yet it is done with quality and conviction. To my eyes and ears, this is a case of evolution being entirely misunderstood by it's beholders. There are tons of bands on this very site that execute the elements that are being used here...and get worshipped for it. So, my verdict on most of the feedback I've been hearing concerning this album: IRRATIONAL.
Absak - 23.04.2012 at 23:01
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.04.2012 at 20:53

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.04.2012 at 20:49
It's leaked though. Unless that's what you meant.

Your suspicions are correct unfortunately. It's sad to see so many people fellating this album even though it's garbage. So far I've only seen reviews of it that state "this album is perfect." I suppose it all comes down to fanboyism. The same thing happened with Fleshgod Apocalypse last year, the album sucked but everyone still kept sucking its candy coated cock. Although this album isn't as big a disappointment as that pile of asscandy, it certainly comes close and is the most disappointing thing I've encountered this year.
Ornusashas - 24.04.2012 at 00:52
This song is fucking sick. Can't stop watching it.
Tristus Scriptor - 24.04.2012 at 02:41
Written by Ornusashas on 24.04.2012 at 00:52

This song is fucking sick. Can't stop watching it.

You must be a musician, have a good grasp on reality, and know good cinematography when you see it. (I personally think there is some epidemic spreading right now that hinders people's senses in the metal world...) I'm no fanboy myself, don't own a Cattle Decap shirt (but if I did, it would be "Humanure"), but I've followed them enough to know when something is positive evolution as opposed to senseless experimentation. Their changes are NOT senseless. Besides, I can name a slew of bands that have the same amount of alterations (if not more) to their sound that get praised for it - (Napalm Death being a prime example...) A band's new output doesn't make their other releases disappear. I still listen to "Humanure" and "To Serve Man" daily. Quality is quality. Like it or don't. Aye?
Troy Killjoy - 24.04.2012 at 05:03
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 23.04.2012 at 22:22

That doesn't mean I have to like those bands, nor does it mean I have to like Cattle Decap for this sudden change in direction.

Just because I'm not a musician doesn't mean I have some inherent problem with identifying quality in music. So the video was kind of artsy and they "evolved" by incorporating some new elements into their sound... I don't care. All of these comments are opinions as you stated yourself, so anything you post related to the band's quality is just as irrational as my posts pertaining to their sound taking a turn for the worst.
Tristus Scriptor - 24.04.2012 at 07:26
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2012 at 05:03

Written by Tristus Scriptor on 23.04.2012 at 22:22

C'est la vie. You no agree with me. I like to dip my french fries in frosties.
Troy Killjoy - 24.04.2012 at 07:34
Written by Tristus Scriptor on 24.04.2012 at 07:26
C'est la vie. You no agree with me. I like to dip my french fries in frosties.

Ya, I don't have a problem with disagreement (least of all when the subject at hand is music) but I guess I just took issue with how you went about assuming this album should be praised simply because there are other bands that incorporate similar elements in their sound and that I have a lesser understanding of music based on my lack of a musical background. I may have been misinterpreting or overanalyzing, but that's one of the regular common joys found in forums, no?
Tristus Scriptor - 24.04.2012 at 08:12
Absolutely. If ya can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. (Even if it's vegan food.) Besides, I was talking to dude, not you. You just happened to be one of the people who disagree. Oh...and furthermore, I really have no idea whether you play or write music. No assumptions there. And there is no "simply" about it. There are many bands that get praised for their evolution, some ended up sucking, some drastically improving, and some just merely doing something different without issue. So whatever floats your boat. Personally, I like my extreme metal to be pleasingly disturbing. I'm more disturbed by Cattle Decapitation now than ever...it's just that, on my end; it's in a good way. Others don't have to agree. But I have met many of my favorite musicians, and some that I had much more respect for than before I met them. So, the fact that I can weigh how I would speak to them about their changes and choices if I was actually in their presence is a factor. It also has made me realize the trueness of what is actually going on. Whether you like it or not; they haven't changed "for the worst"...I just happen to like it.
Sync - 24.04.2012 at 18:50
Nice enjoyable song and video. May have to see what it's like by listening to a leaked copy.

News Cattle Decapitation - New Video Online 10.5 29.07.2013 by Angelic Storm
News Cattle Decapitation - New Song Online 9.5 10.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Cattle Decapitation - Entire New Album Streaming Online, Join Shockwave Festival Tour 9.5 05.05.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Cattle Decapitation - New Album Details & Song Online 9 18.03.2012 by J. N.
News Cattle Decapitation - Premiere New Video 9 16.10.2012 by Rulatore