Storm Corrosion, the collaborative project between Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth and Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree, has premiered a video for the single "Drag Ropes", which you can watch below. The video was animated by a South African stop motion animator called Jess Cope. The song comes off their debut album Storm Corrosion, which will be released on May 7th through Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com

Posted: 24.04.2012 by Unhealer

Comments

Draugen - 24.04.2012 at 22:42
A neat video for a good song. Looking forward to the album.
Stabby - 24.04.2012 at 22:56
Watched this first thing in the morning. Awesome sauce! Set an eery tone for the day, that's for sure. It's a good thing.
SSM - 24.04.2012 at 23:37
Brilliant song/video.
I like ominous and mysterious melodies/themes,
and this song definitely has lots of mysteries in it.
There's a great/unexpected change at 5:00, great harmonies there between vocals and instruments.
The conclusion is interesting too: "Now my dear friend..."

Waiting for the album,
thanks Unhealer.
Unhealer - 25.04.2012 at 02:06
I really dig the video, I keep watching it again and again. Probably one of the bests I've seen in a long time.
I love how it goes with the song, which is awesome as well.
MaiSweettShaadow - 25.04.2012 at 04:23
Sounds shitty, opeth x2 times slowlyafa
psykometal - 25.04.2012 at 04:25
Very interesting, was expecting something on the soft side from these two working together. But kind of weird they chose the name Storm Corrosion, which at least to me invokes images of destruction and loud thundering sounds, for something so soft spoken and exactly the opposite of what the name suggests; me thinks they should choose something else for the name if the whole album is like this. It is definitely good though, and I am looking forward to hearing more...
a MasT - 25.04.2012 at 08:27
....enjoyed it.
Sworn - 25.04.2012 at 08:30
What a fucking piece of shit.
Void Eater - 25.04.2012 at 08:44
This is probably one of those cases where musicians associated with metal do non metal music and people talk about how unique and interesting it is, even though it's sub par in the actual genre that it is
PocketMetal - 25.04.2012 at 09:42
Written by psykometal on 25.04.2012 at 04:25

actually "Corrosion" from a metallurgical point of view , usually takes a long time to destroy the material ...
I think the corrosion part happens after the storm , when everything is wet and "slowly" breaking down . ( it happens mostly to metals though )

so I don't think you are picturing the right image .
Introspekrieg - 25.04.2012 at 10:11
Written by Void Eater on 25.04.2012 at 08:44

Well Porcupine Tree has never really been metal and Opeth is hardly considered that anymore... not sure that is the case here. Everyone will probably hate this. It is fairly unique music, at least from an expectations standpoint. But it's far from interesting (which may have been the intention ~*who knows what these muzak dudes think anymore*), it really challenges you to stay focused on listening. I've been listening to it more as a background/ambiance when winding down in my pajamas and tucking in my stuffed animals. Goodnight Mikael *kisses poster*.
BloodTears - 25.04.2012 at 10:35
I'm still processing, will be back later.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.04.2012 at 14:50
Written by PocketMetal on 25.04.2012 at 09:42

so I don't think you are picturing the right image .

You beat me to it. I was going to say that Storm Corrosion makes me think of "erosion", a form of weathering that takes place over many years.
Unhealer - 25.04.2012 at 16:31
Written by Introspekrieg on 25.04.2012 at 10:11

This record is really good for a sleep and for ambiance. I'd have to try a dedicated listen to see if it's actually boring.
UnknownCheese - 25.04.2012 at 18:37
This is Lulu for all the prog fans. Storm Corrosion sounds about right, because this song is about as interesting as waiting for that to happen.
Unhealer - 25.04.2012 at 19:07
Written by UnknownCheese on 25.04.2012 at 18:37

So far this had a FAR better response than Lulu.
Troy Killjoy - 25.04.2012 at 19:09
Written by Unhealer on 25.04.2012 at 19:07
So far this had a FAR better response than Lulu.

Indeed; more than three people like it already.
UnknownCheese - 25.04.2012 at 19:16
I was talking about the music. Collaboration between two big names, boring instrumentation and some mumbling vocals. Of course, considering who's involved it'll probably get's 10's across the board.
Introspekrieg - 25.04.2012 at 23:41
Written by UnknownCheese on 25.04.2012 at 19:16

Do you even like music? Every post you have made is negative... that's usually a good sign that someone is trolling again...

but in this album's case I would agree with you.
UnknownCheese - 25.04.2012 at 23:57
Written by Introspekrieg on 25.04.2012 at 23:41

Written by UnknownCheese on 25.04.2012 at 19:16

but in this album's case I would agree with you.

I like music just fine, I just tend to post about shit I don't like rather than join the circle jerk and high five parties. Weird way to go about it, but oh well.
woodsmoke666 - 26.04.2012 at 00:01
Mikael and Steven continue on the downward spiral of producing absolute shit and making money from it! This is rubbish!
Jeeers - 26.04.2012 at 00:26
A suprisingly good artistic video (good in a bad way... ) for suprisingly boring track.
Mikael can do better than this ... it's not bad, just nothing really happens
Anyway ... I'm kinda ... exited.
PocketMetal - 26.04.2012 at 15:16
I know it can be ultra boring for some people , but I actually liked the album ...
they could do a much better thing together but this is not bad . surprisingly I'm not not disappointed !
Azarath - 26.04.2012 at 19:38
I quite like it, but the song seems to build towards something that never arrives.
F.N.S.C.A.C - 28.04.2012 at 00:00
Not gna lie, I was completely underwhelmed by this. Of course it was going to be something different but I only really enjoyed about a minute of the actual song. If I hadn't listened to this then I probably would have picked up the along with everyone else but now I'm not so sure I'll bother..
psykometal - 28.04.2012 at 19:50
Written by PocketMetal on 25.04.2012 at 09:42

so I don't think you are picturing the right image .

Fair enough, very true. Lol, I was definitely thinking about it from the wrong angle.

News Corrosion Of Conformity - New Video Online 7 02.03.2012 by Scuzzy McDouche