Official Nuclear Blast press release:

Nuclear Blast proudly announce the worldwide signing of the Norwegian extreme-metal-band Enslaved. After publishing the latest two albums Vertebrae (2008) and Axioma Ethica Odini (2010) via Nuclear Blast USA in North America, the band currently signed a worldwide contract.

The band commented: "We're very, very (yes, very) pleased and proud to sign this deal with Nuclear Blast worldwide. We've already worked with Nuclear Blast US through our two latest albums; and our personal friendships with NB guys and gals on both sides of the Atlantic are even older. There's no drama - we take great pride in the fact that there seldom is with us - it is simply a matter of one contract ending, and us going for what seems to be our best option at this point in time and space. This time the best choice for Enslaved is changing things up somewhat. We're excited to see what the mixture of passion and professionalism at Nuclear Blast can do with the Enslaved name in the years to come. There is no doubt that the level of ambition, the experience and seriousness about what we do, form perfect common ground for Enslaved and Nuclear Blast. We're in the process of making a new album that will initiate our new partnership, watch out for the approaching wave of news about that. For now, let's just say that the album will be an absolute (Nuclear) blast!"

Gerardo Martínez, label Manager of Nuclear Blast USA, comments: "Enslaved is one of the most amazing bands to ever come from Norway. We've had the pleasure of working with them on their last two albums in North America, and from this day forth worldwide. Looking forward their new masterpiece to be unleashed to the masses later in the year!"

The new album will be released this fall.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Enslaved

Posted: 26.04.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

.Nick - 26.04.2012 at 20:45
Nucelar Blast seems to be on a signing spree.
Troy Killjoy - 26.04.2012 at 21:16
Not really a surprise considering they were already with them for distribution purposes. I'm assuming this means more money for the band, however, so good on them.
Xnoybis - 26.04.2012 at 21:26
There were some minor tour support hiccups. they ran out of albums while on the AEO tour and actually had to buy copies from a local record store while here, as far as I can recall ... although I was drunk at the time.

the band has been around enough, evolved enough, and are unique enough, I am not "worried" about NB tainting them like they might a lesser band.

good on the band, hope it goes well for 'em.
Fat & Sassy! - 26.04.2012 at 21:48
As long as they headline another tour in the US, I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuck. C:
tea[m]ster - 26.04.2012 at 22:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2012 at 21:16

more money for the band

^This^

This band just "sounds" so much better with crisp studio production I.E. AED
TrollandDie - 26.04.2012 at 23:19
Written by Xnoybis on 26.04.2012 at 21:26

good on the band, hope it goes well for 'em.

If Fleshgod Apocalypse can still bring out the good stuff on NB, then there's no reason why these guys can't.
Absak - 26.04.2012 at 23:28
Written by TrollandDie on 26.04.2012 at 23:19

What? Now I'm extremely worried. Agony was a piece of shit.
Ozman - 26.04.2012 at 23:38
Written by Absak on 26.04.2012 at 23:28

What? Now I'm extremely worried. Agony was a piece of shit.

But that wasn't because of Nuclear Blast that was because of the band. And Maffia was already quite crap tbh
Xnoybis - 26.04.2012 at 23:39
Because FGA has the longstanding history of quality releases that Enslaved does?
Grody2themax - 26.04.2012 at 23:59
I never understood the FGA appeal either...Enslaved on the other hand. NB is a pretty big label, but like everyone else said I don't think they would have them change their sound much. Enslaved totally deserves the support though.
strade - 27.04.2012 at 00:45
This is huge, and the news of a new release by the end of the year has me walking on air.

God, I fucking love this band. Everything they've released in the last decade has been virtually flawless in my opinion.
3rdWorld - 27.04.2012 at 10:26
I hope they continue with the style of AEO cuz the sleeping gods EP was disappointing. Still i wonder if they can match AEO, well atleast they should come up with something interesting and solid.

Written by Ozman on 26.04.2012 at 23:38

FA went in the right direction for Mafia and Agony. They were obviously way better than Oracles which had some really disjointed symphonic pieces and mediocre riffs.
Fritillaria - 27.04.2012 at 10:44
:/ and can this affect their next works ?
marzepka87 - 28.04.2012 at 02:31
People we're talking about Enslaved here... I can't think of a bad album by them, so I don't see how being with Nuclear Blast will change that... I'm just excited that they are signed and there's a new full length album in the works
Lanthros - 06.05.2012 at 21:38
Great news. Hopefully this will mean a more extensive tour then the Axioma tour. I got to see them on the Opeth tour and I soo much hope to see them back in Memphis this time as headliners and having Epoch of Unlight opening. Even though Epoch is from here they didnt play here when they toured with Enslaved for Ruun. As to NB changing the band, they have been in the game long enough and are most deffinetly intelligent enough to steer clear of signing a bullshit contract.

:dcool:
Daggon - 15.06.2012 at 01:03
I just hope the best for this guys, they really deserve it.

News Immolation - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 26.06.2009 by Hamird
News Eluveitie - Sign With Nuclear Blast; Announce Three(!) New Releases 7 14.11.2007 by Unconsecrated
News Overkill - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 31.10.2009 by Doc Godin
News Helloween - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Album In 2015 7 25.03.2014 by iMorphball
News Fear Factory - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Album In 2015 7 13.09.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!