British heavy metallers Black Sabbath have announced they will be playing an intimate Download warm-up/homecoming show to take place in Birmingham this May. The show will be the band's first in Birmingham for thirteen years. A donation to Help for Heroes will be made from the proceeds of the show. Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler will be hitting Birmingham's O2 Academy on Saturday, May 19th. No information has been revealed yet about who the drummer will be.

Tickets priced £45 (subject to booking fee) will go on sale at 9am on Friday, May 4th, at this location and over here. Black Sabbath are also playing Download in June and the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, US, in August.

Source: blacksabbath.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Event: Black Sabbath

Posted: 02.05.2012 by Ace Frawley

Comments

Valentin B - 02.05.2012 at 13:35
Probably Carmine Appice.. I think.
Dylan - 02.05.2012 at 14:10
Thats on the shirt robert downey junior wears in the avengers
Loathera - 02.05.2012 at 15:28
Written by Dylan on 02.05.2012 at 14:10

Thats on the shirt robert downey junior wears in the avengers

Because of "Iron Man".
Dinesen - 02.05.2012 at 15:37
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! 5 days after this show they are supposed to play in Denmark but they have cancelled and it's Ozzy and Friends... Fucking old fucks... I'm selling my fucking ticket.
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.05.2012 at 15:49
I just love how this is being marketed as being an intimate gig. How the hell is it possibly intimate with 3,000 people attending?
Dronewolf - 02.05.2012 at 15:53
Black Sabbath featuring Link on drums from the look of that picture
!J.O.O.E.! - 02.05.2012 at 16:00
Written by Dronewolf on 02.05.2012 at 15:53

Black Sabbath featuring Link on drums from the look of that picture

Well Black Sabbath used the symbol way before Zelda ever came along, so if Link did play the drums it would be like Dave Grohl drumming for Killing Joke to make up for the fact Nirvana ripped off one of their songs

Pretty sure that symbol was around way before Sabbath though...
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 02.05.2012 at 16:35
Knew about this the second it were announced...
!J.O.O.E.! - 02.05.2012 at 17:32
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 02.05.2012 at 16:35

Knew about this the second it were announced...

Well if it was announced then of course you'd know about it?
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 02.05.2012 at 18:31
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 02.05.2012 at 17:32

Well if it was announced then of course you'd know about it?

Yes you're right, I did.
Days ago.
Necrogeddon - 03.05.2012 at 00:55
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.05.2012 at 15:49

The O2 is one of the smaller venues in Birmingham, alot of people were expecting them to play at one of the arenas...any smaller and there would no doubt be some kind of riot
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.05.2012 at 01:29
Written by Necrogeddon on 03.05.2012 at 00:55

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.05.2012 at 15:49

A 3,000 seater/stander one of the smaller venues? Thank God I don't live in Birmingham, I would truly hate that to be a smaller venue. I like my gigs in venues that hold less than 500
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 03.05.2012 at 02:37
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2012 at 01:29

Hand's down one of the funniest accusation's I've heard about Birmingham. 3000 in the O2 Academy? Bollocks. It's more like half that. As for 500 sized areas Wolverhampton is "Rich", let alone Birmingham's venue amount. As what Necrogeddon explained, the only way Sabbath could do having just 50 seeing them, would be if the details ever said the words like "Private" or "Wedding" presumably; otherwise it's impossible. Not to mention the hundreds, and THOUSANDS of very, VERY pissed off envious people.
LeChron James - 03.05.2012 at 03:00
That flyer art is retarded, they're not fucking Megadeth. But this should be a decent show for anyone that attends. Hopefully.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.05.2012 at 03:19
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 03.05.2012 at 02:37

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2012 at 01:29

actually O2 Arena 1 Birmingham seems to be able to even hold more 3,009 to be exact http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_Academy_Birmingham#Academy1

btw if it would only be 1500 it is still not intimate
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 03.05.2012 at 03:34
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2012 at 03:19

btw if it would only be 1500 it is still not intimate

Well ok. There's the only time I've disagreed over Wikipedia's beliefs. But being there helps, wait maybe not for your case.

Still.... Intimacy is still really mattered by personal preference. It's never failed for me.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.05.2012 at 03:37
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 03.05.2012 at 03:34

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2012 at 03:19

btw if it would only be 1500 it is still not intimate

I know a crowd size when I am there 29 years of regular gig going has taught me that and trust me intimacy is something which can't be achieved with a crowd over 500.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.05.2012 at 03:39
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 03.05.2012 at 03:34

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2012 at 03:19

btw if it would only be 1500 it is still not intimate

btw looking at wiki's sources they got the capacity right from the horse's mouth.

As for crowd sizes I have experienced them from 150,000+ to 20
gid - 03.05.2012 at 09:13
£45 per ticket, to be packed into a venue of 3000 people? That's not my definition of intimate.
AngelofDeth - 03.05.2012 at 10:07
Sick artwork
Angelic Storm - 03.05.2012 at 11:01
Strange that they would choose an image inspired by one of their least known, and most panned albums for the concert poster...

Still, I suspect Bill Ward will not be with the band for these reunion shows, so even if I could go to this show, I wouldn't be buying a ticket...
Necrogeddon - 03.05.2012 at 11:25
Managed to get presale tickets! I'm a very lucky woman! To be honest, a lot of you haven't been to the O2, I have, this will be an intimate gig of sorts. Sure a lot of people will attend but it's still a small venue for Black Sabbath, I cannot wait!
Ace Frawley - 10.05.2012 at 14:50
Agree, and also an album that Ozzy himself panned.

Written by Angelic Storm on 03.05.2012 at 11:01

News Black Sabbath - Announce More North American Shows 7.5 26.04.2013 by Methuselah
News Black Sabbath - Announce Summer Tour 2012 7.5 21.11.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Black Sabbath - New Single Streaming Online 6 27.02.2007 by Katatronik
News Black Sabbath - Unveil New Album Title And Session Drummer 6 13.01.2013 by Zaphod
News Black Sabbath - Release Live Video 6 18.10.2013 by Skyum