Australian melodic death metallers Be'lakor have made another new track available for streaming from their upcoming third album Of Breath And Bone, to be released worldwide on June 1st via Kolony Records and Rockstar Records. "Absit Omen" can be streamed below. The band also announced on their Facebook page that pre-orders for the standard jewel case version of the album or the special edition digipack are now available at the band's official website and via Kolony Records. More album details here.

[Also thanks to DEATH666 for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Be'lakor

Posted: 06.05.2012 by Blizk

Comments

Timmeh - 06.05.2012 at 14:10
So keen, this next month and Ne Obliviscaris tomorrow.
elseif - 06.05.2012 at 14:37
Pre-ordered
tea[m]ster - 06.05.2012 at 15:37
I will not listen to a single song untill the whole album is released! Who's with me?
Ozman - 06.05.2012 at 15:41
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 15:37

I am with you. But then again I won't check out the final product either since their music (up to now f course) has been done to death boring melodeath.
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 15:49
Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

Amen to that.
Ozman - 06.05.2012 at 15:51
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 15:49

Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

Amen to that.

I really don't get why people are swooning all over this band. And wtf? Their 2009 album has the number 1 position for album of the year on MS
tea[m]ster - 06.05.2012 at 15:54
Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

Hmmm Marcel, I disagree with you (surprise). I don't have a ton of melodeath in my collection but as for what I do have Be'Lakor are clearly the best.
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 15:54
Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:51

If there's one thing I've learned about the average metalstormer it's that they go apeshit over generic melodeath.
Troy Killjoy - 06.05.2012 at 17:11
Definitely checking this out tonight, can't wait for the entire thing to be released.
Thrashette - 06.05.2012 at 17:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 15:54

Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:51

That seems to apply to the average metalhead at my school too
Such a shame that most melodeath doesn't really appeal to me...
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 17:20
Written by Thrashette on 06.05.2012 at 17:18

That seems to apply to the average metalhead at my school too
Such a shame that most melodeath doesn't really appeal to me...

If you go back a few years melodeath was actually worth listening to. These days I don't even bother checking stuff out.
Thrashette - 06.05.2012 at 17:34
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 17:20

Written by Thrashette on 06.05.2012 at 17:18

That seems to apply to the average metalhead at my school too
Such a shame that most melodeath doesn't really appeal to me...

Oh, I will admit that a lot of it is very good. It's just not really my thing. If I want to hear something melodic, I'd sooner listen to some sort heavy, power, or gothic metal than melodeath...
Arcticus - 06.05.2012 at 18:41
Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

I think that you should be the one with the name 'Killjoy'
tea[m]ster - 06.05.2012 at 20:23
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 17:20

Of course. ALL genre's become over-saturated. It's finding the needle in the haystack that makes it fun, and Be'Lakor was a needle at one point so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Even your vaunted drone/noise/experimental genre will get depleted by too many bands.
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 20:28
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 20:23

Just finding bands that play drone is hard enough, let alone finding good ones. I seriously doubt it'll ever get depleted.

Number of Metal Archives bands of each genre:

Drone: 262
Melodic Death Metal: 4,562 (and the vast majority of those probably terrible)

Finding good melodeath bands is a waste of time if you ask me.
tea[m]ster - 06.05.2012 at 20:30
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 20:28

Just I seriously doubt it'll ever get depleted.

The same thing was said about post-rock/metal
Now look at it...
Risto - 06.05.2012 at 20:31
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 20:28

Finding good melodeath bands is a waste of time if you ask me.

That's why you stumble on them by accident. Be'lakor was like that when I discovered them.
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 20:32
Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 20:30

The same thing was said about post-rock/metal
Now look at it...

Post-rock being combined with metal is a dead end that's already reached the end of its life if you ask me. Waves and waves of boring atmospheric black metal is all we seem to get.
!J.O.O.E.! - 06.05.2012 at 20:33
Written by Risto on 06.05.2012 at 20:31

Barren Earth is the only example I can think of in recent times that applies to myself.
AberrantBeing - 06.05.2012 at 21:54
Personally i love melodic death metal.. but most bands that claim that genre title lack the death metal aspect. i like this band quite a bit but its too bad they don't have large solo sections..

on a side note i am very pleased with the new Allegaeon album!!
Pazdzioch - 07.05.2012 at 01:52
Not bad song. Be'lakor is one of the very few current "boring melodeath" bands which flies around my stick. Waiting for the whole album.

PS. "Someone likes cucumbers while another gardener's daughters" - the old Polish proverb.
SMAX - 07.05.2012 at 02:10
This is going to be one of the best albums of the year guaranteed.
marzepka87 - 07.05.2012 at 03:47
Quote:
Finding good melodeath bands is a waste of time if you ask me.

You hit the nail on the head brother... melodeath is a tough genre to get into(especially now), the only bands that I truly enjoy when it comes to melodeath are Gates of Ishtar, Dissection(mainly "Storm of the Light's Bane", "The Somberlain"), and Suidakra(their albums tend to have nice folk feel, and that's prolly why I like 'em)... other than that I've been listening to melodeath less and less.
BlueMobius - 07.05.2012 at 04:38
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 20:33

Too bad Barren Earth is just rehash of the last 20 years of metal. *snooze*
!J.O.O.E.! - 07.05.2012 at 04:40
Written by BlueMobius on 07.05.2012 at 04:38

Too bad Barren Earth is just rehash of the last 20 years of metal. *snooze*

Its influences go way further back than that. I'd like to hear these rehash bands that combine melodeath with progressive and psychedelic music of the 70s? They certainly don't sound like Opeth to me. And they aren't just straight up ripping off Amorphis like Insomnium et al. Now there's a truly redundant band that was stale before it even got off the ground.
R'Vannith - 07.05.2012 at 05:21
I have to say, this is a nice track. With all the talk of this band being 'generic', melodeath isn't something known for its tendency to stray too far from its boundaries. When I look for what makes this standout above other examples of the genre that's definitely not what I seek first. This is much better than a vast majority of bands from this genre that you'll come across. Their renown is surely an indication of that, and not just some unwarranted love by die hard fans of an overdone form of metal.
Though I might be getting on my high horse because they're Australian. They are probably the best we have down here, and one of the most well known of Aussie bands to boot..
Pazdzioch - 07.05.2012 at 11:09
Excuse me, but stop all this bullshit. Golden era of MDM is over as well as thrash, we have to deal with it and move on.

PS. "Life is too short to safely remove a USB device" - another Polish proverb.
Dark Blood - 07.05.2012 at 17:11
I like it so far. They always manage to make a great and unique atmosphere. Really looking forward to it.
Cynic Metalhead - 07.05.2012 at 20:51
Written by Pazdzioch on 07.05.2012 at 11:09

PS. "Life is too short to safely remove a USB device" - another Polish proverb.

Well, CoB certainly killed the MOB scene and honestly they didn't leave any stone upturned to nailed it. Thrash is over? What about Overkill, Slayer, Vektor,Warbringer,Havok, and bah bah many more. Now don't start over the 80's era discussion comparing with the recent Thrash scene because that makes the whole scene out boring and pointless.

"Life...USB...Device" is seriously for close minded drabs who gets defeated from losing their life at every small point of time. Live a minute like you never did Mr "stupid polish proverb".Have fun.
Ozman - 07.05.2012 at 20:53
CoB have nothign to do with melodic death metal at all. Once again, they play power metal with extreme vocals, nothing MDM about them
Pazdzioch - 07.05.2012 at 22:12
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 07.05.2012 at 20:51

I laugh hard at you sir.
!J.O.O.E.! - 07.05.2012 at 22:21
Yep nothing melodeath about CoB. All they've done is give extreme power a bad name.

Just because a scene is alive doesn't mean it's any good
Ozman - 07.05.2012 at 22:25
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 07.05.2012 at 22:21

Just because a scene is alive doesn't mean it's any good

case in point deathcore scene
Timmeh - 08.05.2012 at 02:24
Can someone point out what is so generic and boring about their sound? I know most people compare their sound with Insomnium but to me Be'lakor is more doomy. They don't give me any Gothenburg vibes either. Maybe it's just because I'm Australian that I dig them so much...
Ozman - 08.05.2012 at 02:31
Be'lakor doomy? Doomy is the last thing I associate them with.
Timmeh - 08.05.2012 at 03:01
I suppose you do know doom better than anyone, perhaps dark is a better word.
Troy Killjoy - 08.05.2012 at 06:37
I'd never associate Be'lakor with the doom genre, but their music has a very depressive atmosphere. Much like a majority of Finnish melo-death.
Aetherius - 08.05.2012 at 19:41
Cant wait for this guys!
Valaskjalf - 08.05.2012 at 23:06
Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:51

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.05.2012 at 15:49

Written by Ozman on 06.05.2012 at 15:41

Amen to that.

You might not have noticed this Marcel, but theres more to metal than sleep inducing doom. It might not be the best, but it sure as shit is better than half the other done-to-death shit so far this year.
Ozman - 08.05.2012 at 23:15
Written by Valaskjalf on 08.05.2012 at 23:06

to me Be'lakor and their ilk such as Insomnium are way more sleep inducing to me than any doom band. And be'lakor's new one ranks in the lower regions of releases this year, be it done-to-death metal (such as doom) or any other metal
RavenKing - 09.05.2012 at 01:06
Written by Ozman on 08.05.2012 at 23:15

Melodeath is a bland and generic genre (kinda like pagan/viking/folk metal). Thousands and thousands of boring bands.
Troy Killjoy - 09.05.2012 at 06:29
Written by RavenKing on 09.05.2012 at 01:06

As a fan of straightforward black metal (much like myself), you shouldn't be so quick to post such an ironic statement.
Zealot644 - 10.05.2012 at 14:45
Dat Be'lakor hate...

Unjustified I say! You're obviously insane and should be put in an asylum!
Frodd - 14.05.2012 at 18:47